Ocean View Development

willy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly.

Wholly crap, I missed all of that. I'm gonna open up the projects list so you can edit it. Just make a new post under it titled "Oceanview Projects" and put the stuff in there that you have. I can work on the summaries myself. We're gonna have to do this a little at a time but I really need to get this stuff updated. Thanks for your offer of help. Since you are the editor this is your ball anyway. :P

Wholly crap, I missed all of that. I'm gonna open up the projects list so you can edit it. Just make a new post under it titled "Oceanview Projects" and put the stuff in there that you have. I can work on the summaries myself. We're gonna have to do this a little at a time but I really need to get this stuff updated. Thanks for your offer of help. Since you are the editor this is your ball anyway. :P

Sure, not a problem. I am still at work so I will do it when I get off tonight.

And of course, there was a letter to the editor of the paper from a man that said he was a OV resident. He opposes new large developments! <_<

I think that he will be in the minority on this one! :P

I read that letter. Earlier, I questioned how the OV locals would respond to the planned development. Obviously that one voice doesn't speak for the whole community, but I expected some would be up in arms.

And of course, there was a letter to the editor of the paper from a man that said he was a OV resident. He opposes new large developments! <_<

I think that he will be in the minority on this one! :P

Unfortunately, I think this will be the first Norfolk project where the NIMBYs some out in force. That area has a history of nimbyism so it shouldn't be a surprise. I too read the letter to the editor and it upset me, not because he was against it, but why he was against it. Don't oppose things just for the hell of it, come up with a logical reason. The only reason this guy spit out was not wanting to "be like Miami" which is not really a valid reason at all.

Unfortunately, I think this will be the first Norfolk project where the NIMBYs some out in force. That area has a history of nimbyism so it shouldn't be a surprise. I too read the letter to the editor and it upset me, not because he was against it, but why he was against it. Don't oppose things just for the hell of it, come up with a logical reason. The only reason this guy spit out was not wanting to "be like Miami" which is not really a valid reason at all.

Well, without progress there may not be prosperity!!! :thumbsup:

Well, without progress there may not be prosperity!!! :thumbsup:

I have a feeling these NIMBYs are people getting pushed out! The neighborhood committees are on board, and I don't think the city is going to listen to these few people. Just like the bar at the new fishing pier! Boone still got what he wanted! :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't had a chance to vet this yet but i'm putting it out there because it seems interesting.

GEORGE GEORGIDES, for the following applications on property located on the southeast corner of E. Ocean View Avenue and Hammett Parkway; property fronts 260 feet, more or less, along the southern line of E. Ocean View Avenue and 210 feet, more or less, along the eastern line of Hammett Parkway; property also fronts 210 feet along the western line of Sherwood Place. Premises numbered 9645 Sherwood Place, 9644 Hammett Parkway, 409

After closer look, I do believe this may have some relation to a previously mentioned project in that oceanview skyline article. As such, I'll probably be moving this to the Oceanview thread later, but feel free to discuss it here for now.

E.jpg

After closer look, I do believe this may have some relation to a previously mentioned project in that oceanview skyline article. As such, I'll probably be moving this to the Oceanview thread later, but feel free to discuss it here for now.

So we've got 2 choices that may fit the region described.

1) "A developer recently approached Councilman W. Randy Wright about building a 25-story condominium in East Ocean View. High-density development is coming to Ocean View,

thats not near the marina vdogg. The place where he is talking about near the marina is next to the pretty lake bridge.

:lol: Yeah, I just figured that out. This is where copelands prject will be located.

taylorslandingproject.jpg

Here's a more detailed image of the development location as described in the planning commission docket.

developmentlocation.jpg

Archived