24-hour clubbing is over in Atlanta

Guest donaltopablo

Wow, I didn't realize Junior Vasquez had been here. Several years ago I talked to a young woman from London who was making a splash over there and she told me that coming to Backstreet was considered a pretty big deal for DJ's in Europe.

Maybe Atlanta can get by for a while on its past reputation as a happening town -- after all, our nightlife history includes the likes of the old Underground, Backstreet, Buckhead, Miss Kitty's, and the Clermont Lounge, not to mention the Cheetah and the Limelight. Now what other city can match that?

:lol:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrea,

He was at Compound in spring and DavidAtlanta magazine did an interview with him. he was back in Atlanta this fall (I think @ the Abbey but dont quote me on that).

Yes, Backstreet was known worldwide. The very first snow machine I got to experience in a club was at Backstreet back in the 90's. The T-dances they used to have on Sunday evenings were really fun and they always had really good music.

But truly I think Atlanta still has its reputation of being a happening place. Even without the 24 hour clubs, there are still things happening all the time.

In Columbia bars can stay open as late as they want to except on Saturday and Sunday nights they have to stop serving at 2am. On other nights they have to stop serving liquor at 2am, but can serve beer and wine all night. In SC we have different laws and licenses for liquor than we do for beer and wine, lol.

Archived