The Best College Rivalry

GvilleSC

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey yall. Just wanted to take this moment to acknowledge Clemson's dominance over South Carolina so far this year. It started with Soccer- Clemson won in OT and is now going to the FINAL FOUR this weekend in Raleigh!!!. Football- WE ALL know how that one ended with it's 13-9 final. And yesterday added a Basketball victory to the mix... :yahoo:

• 11 months later...

It's that time of the year again. This week is THE week before the game. Blood drives are going on, Big Thursday is in two days, and the State of South Carolina is dividing more and more daily.

Anyway, just bumping this thread so appropriate posts are posted where they need to be.

GO TIGERS!

In addition to watching a great game, I'm anxious to see if and who might be making a big donation to the next phase of the West End Zone. The 1981 National Championship team donated $1 Million at their reunion game, a former player and current NFL star Justin Miller donated $50,000 at the Maryland game and another former player and NFL player Chester McGlockton donated $50,000 at the last game, NC State. Two large donations in a row leads me to believe that something just as big or bigger may be in store for the USC game... :shades:

I believe that both teams have an equal chance this year because both have played some close games. South carolina has been beaten by some good teams in the top 10 by very close scores. Ill still be cheering for clemson though. It will be fun to watch.

I don't know if this is the proper thread for this, but Clemson was recently awarded a chapter of the Phi Beta Kappa Society. Only about 10% of colleges and universities in the U.S. have been awarded Phi Beta Kappa Chapters.

http://clemsonews.clemson.edu/WWW_releases...iBetaKappa.html

This is not only great for Clemson, but for our state as well.

Could it be that there is nothing else to do in Clemson except practice?

I thought it was odd that Clemson is just now getting a PBK chapter. I thought pretty much every decent school had one, and I assumed that Clemson had one until I got the emails, and I saw the various publications about it.

What is basketball? ;)

Not that USC has anything to brag about regarding basketball - except for a couple of years in the 60's & early 70's, South Carolina has never had much success. Obviously, Clemson hasn't either - except they usually have one really good team every 10 years. I miss the late 80's Tigers in basketball - they almost made it to the NCAA Final 4 one of those years.

Not sure how far you want to go there.

While Clemson leads the football series 63 - 36-4, having won eight out of the last nine and USC not winning more than one in a row since 1970, it's kinda grim all around for the Gamecocks.

In baseball, Clemson leads 162-111-2.

In women's basketball, Clemson leads 32-19

In men's soccer, Clemson leads 22-11-1

In women's soccer, Clemson leads 9-3

Men's basketball is the only sport that USC leads the series in, 86-70, course that gap is closing because Clemson has won seven men's basketball games in a row.

Every other sport: men's and women's swimming, soccer, track and field, volleyball, etc. Clemson has a large lead in the overall series.

Archived