Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jack

Orlando Lutheran Towers

Wow, another massive building that cover entire block.

Is this going to be for senior only?

It is like the old design on steroid.

What are those two buildings beside it?

That's a very dense rendering.

Wow ! HUGE improvement over the old design. I count 21 stories. Maybe it goes to the full 249 ft. we've been told is allowable in the area.

I'm assuming the building to the left is actually the Star Tower and the bulding to the right is a renovated Lutheran Tower. This is a big improvement over the Med Revival design.

I'm assuming the building to the left is actually the Star Tower and the bulding to the right is a renovated Lutheran Tower. This is a big improvement over the Med Revival design.

If true, that's quite a radical reclad of a now ungainly looking building.

The project has three phases. I could be mistaken, but I believe that all three in the rendering are part of the project.

Its not Star Tower, it looks awfully similar to the S. Eola Drive project. I just figured they implanted one of their other designed there since they've been known to do that before. That lot doesn't seem large enough for a 3 phase project.

The middle one is phase one. I know there are over 600 units, so the 2nd and 3rd phase may be alot smaller. The building to the left cannot be 205 S Eola because it is too close. OLT is wraps around Star Tower. It is set up similar to Thornton Commons.

The middle one is phase one. I know there are over 600 units, so the 2nd and 3rd phase may be alot smaller. The building to the left cannot be 205 S Eola because it is too close. OLT is wraps around Star Tower. It is set up similar to Thornton Commons.

I didn't say it was. Reread my post. I said it looks like they took one of their other designs to put in the place where Star Tower will go.

Maybe it goes to the full 249 ft. we've been told is allowable in the area.

There is a height limit of 200 feet in this area, so they'll have to redraw the plans.

^ That does not make any sense at all sense the Waverly is 249 and The Monarch is 249 and right between the two is this project and its 200 feet. ???????????

The image is looking east from lake avenue. The center building is bounded by Church to the north and Mariposa to the south. The building to the left borders Pine and the building to the right borders Jackson. The actual buildings are not as large as they seem.

^ That does not make any sense at all sense the Waverly is 249 and The Monarch is 249 and right between the two is this project and its 200 feet. ???????????

The eastern edge of the CBD is Lake Ave (the corner The Waverly is on). Everything east of that is the South Eola district. hence, Sanctuary, The Paramount, Star Tower, etc.. All under 200 ft, with Sanctuary at the max.

All under 200 ft, with Sanctuary at the max.

Exactomundo. Lake is the dividing line between the downtown zoning and the mixed-use district that is Eola South. The FAA/GOAA is not giving OKs to over the 200-foot height limit in this area either.