Orlando Lutheran Towers

jack

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orlando Lutheran Towers

Overview

The applicant requests to amend the Orlando Lutheran Towers (OLT) II PD to accommodate development of a 19-story apartment mixed-use building with 195 residential units and 8,405 sq. ft. of ground floor retail. The project requires a PD amendment to address the transfer of residential units within the PD and altering prescribed setbacks for Phase A of the development.

The subject site is northeast of the existing Orlando Lutheran Towers retirement building and contains surface parking lots used for their staff. A parking garage is currently under construction on their property that will replace this surface parking. The proposed development will include approximately 329 parking spaces.

Massing

The proposed development will reach 214 feet, approximately 30 feet shorter than previously approved. This height is roughly comparable to other heights within the immediate vicinity. Floors 1-6 will create a podium for the apartment building and will contain the parking and ground floor retail. The remaining 13 floors of the tower will contain the residential units.

lutheran2qy6.jpg

lutheran3aa4.jpg

lutheran1dn7.jpg

lutheran5ga0.jpg

lutheran4cj9.jpg

Not the greatest looking or most ambitious, but I am ok with it. I like the idea for the park and little retail. I want Eola South/Thornton Park to have more retail. Hopefully the Publix will convince other larger stores that the neighborhood can support it.

That garage is making great progress on their current property. In a picture I posted last week, the stairwell was upright. They are using precast walls and floors. Does anyone have a drawing of this garage? It just doesn't look right to me... like it won't fit unless they use a spiral ramps at one end.

That garage is making great progress on their current property. In a picture I posted last week, the stairwell was upright. They are using precast walls and floors. Does anyone have a drawing of this garage? It just doesn't look right to me... like it won't fit unless they use a spiral ramps at one end.

• 2 months later...

When there is one chance to do it right, and a limited amount of space in the neighborhood, I guess I just hope for the best. I've been pretty pleased to this point with the quality and diversity of projects DT Orlando has recieved--I just hope it doesn't turn into a standard, indistinguishable design (like so many Miami projects eating up prime Brickell property).

Archived