Orlando Lutheran Towers

jack

New information from the December MPB Case Study:

Overview

676 residential units and 51,633 square feet of commercial and office on 3.38 acres on the east side of Lake Avenue between East Pine Street and East Jackson Street. The proposed project consists of 3 residential buildings with ground floor commercial spaces and parking garages. It will be developed in 3 phases.

Building Height

The MPB is stating that the building height shall not exceed 240 feet.

The proposed buildings are approximately 240 feet tall. The MXD-2/T zoning district permits residential buildings up to 55 feet high with buildings up to 200 feet allowed with Conditional Use approval. The applicant has not received FAA approval for the proposed building height.

Phases

Phase A- 156 dwelling units; 0.78 acres; 29,718 sq. ft.

Phase B- 366 dwelling units; 1.83 acres; 11,407 sq. ft.

Phase C- 154 dwelling units; 0.77 acres

orlandolutherantowers19mi.jpg

orlandolutherantowers48ep.jpg

orlandolutherantowers36rj.jpg

orlandolutherantowers29al.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the bright side, it looks like these buildings were designed to be 240-feet tall but their location east of Lake Avenue only permits a maximum height of 200-feet. So maybe when they go back to the drawing board to scale back the height, they'll come up with a more appealing design.

their location east of Lake Avenue only permits a maximum height of 200-feet. So maybe when they go back to the drawing board to scale back the height, they'll come up with a more appealing design.

This project is going to MPB on Dec 20th... the City and developer agree to allow additional height through a PD zoning to allow the construction of an open space only for the central tower, and the FAA has indicated that this will be acceptable (between Church and Mariposa) - sort of a transfer of development rights to allow the higher height. The main debate is over the exact dimension of the open space. DDB's Developmemt review committe will negotiate modifications to the architecture in the future so it doesn't look like Cabrini Green.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok. is this project also called Lucerne Towers? B/C I was chatting with a bud at B&G and he told me they got the contract on twin, 27 story towers for old folks and that they are going to start them by the summer (7 story parking with 20 stories of residential on top). He said it was a 2-tower project.

I got it: He meant to say Lutheran and said Lucerne instead-- it just dawned on me. I don't think he's like a UP forumer when it comes to project names. he did point in that direction when I asked him to specify. I'll find out more--if poss. If I disappear in the next few days its b/c they think I know too much and decided to put my corpse inside the foundation for Fla. Hosp.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Orlando Lutheran Towers Parking Garage

5-story, 250 space parking garage on the south side of East Church Street between Lake Avenue and Liberty Avenue. The structure will replace surface parking for the current tower and provide parking for a future assisted living facility proposed directly across Lake Avenue.

lutheran1zk7.jpg

lutheran2ih6.jpg

lutheran3yl2.jpg

lutheran4zb7.jpg

Archived