Icon Now 21 stories

smeagolsfree

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be soon. We were over there Saturday and the signs are up and about a month ago there was a core truck taking samples. They are suppose to start on this in January along with 16th and Division. Sooner the better.

It sure will be fun watching both of these projects rising at the same time. It's also nice to a little more variety in the two projects height...21 & 17 stories. That's makes for a more interesting skyline, IMO. I hope Bristol publishes a new rendering for the 21 story project.

21 stories is great. This baby should appear decently talll considering it will be sitting on a hill. I was in the area today and I noticed a few people walking around sizing it up. So it should be underway before long.

I also noticed that they seem to be renovating the XXX joint diagnoly across from it. At first thought I thought maybe they were razing it but if they were razing there would be no need for a BFI dumpster outside. I know that had all the XXX signs lit up.

21 stories is great. This baby should appear decently talll considering it will be sitting on a hill. I was in the area today and I noticed a few people walking around sizing it up. So it should be underway before long.

I also noticed that they seem to be renovating the XXX joint diagnoly across from it. At first thought I thought maybe they were razing it but if they were razing there would be no need for a BFI dumpster outside. I know that had all the XXX signs lit up.

Drove by the lot today and agree that it will be quite a tall building setting on that hill and all. I am anxious to see this get started. Should look very nice facing the Gulch and downtown.

About that XXX establishment, I doubt that it will be anything like it was before, but who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news. I drove by today and the old building that was sitting on the lot is more than halfway torn down. So it wont be too long until the Icon starts to rise. I dont think its set in yet how much of an impact this building will have. This is the one that puts the Gulch over the hump. This is the one that brings retail to the gulch. At 21 stories sitting on a hill it will have some decent height to it. I think this is one of the biggest things going on right now.

Good, bring on the cranes. I read an article once saying that cranes in the skyline has an extremely positive impact on visitors, most especially business people who view the obvious growth as signs of a vibrant, growing economy and a bright future. (Read: Relocating and Expanding companies and such). Compared to any other time in recent memory, this place is going to look like the land of the storks. Belmont, Vanderbilt, Adelicia (c'mon girl, get movin'), ICON, Terazzo, Suntrust, Viridian, Encore (hopeful) and who knows how many will soon appear at Rolling Mill...plus all the others scattered about really show the world that things are indeed happening.

Good, bring on the cranes. I read an article once saying that cranes in the skyline has an extremely positive impact on visitors, most especially business people who view the obvious growth as signs of a vibrant, growing economy and a bright future. (Read: Relocating and Expanding companies and such). Compared to any other time in recent memory, this place is going to look like the land of the storks. Belmont, Vanderbilt, Adelicia (c'mon girl, get movin'), ICON, Terazzo, Suntrust, Viridian, Encore (hopeful) and who knows how many will soon appear at Rolling Mill...plus all the others scattered about really show the world that things are indeed happening.

Yeah! Bring on the cranes. This is truly a major project for Nashville with a very significant impact. I can't wait to see this one rise!

I have a question. Has anyone seen a rendering of this project at the new 21 Story height?

On a side note, the crane is now up at the Bristol West End. Also Dave told us yesterday that the Bell south building in the Gulch is on the way down to make way for the ICON. There was also work being done at the Adelicia site.

Things are really starting to move now. In a few short weeks there's going to be cranes all over the place!

Things are really starting to move now. In a few short weeks there's going to be cranes all over the place!

There are already at least a dozen cranes up inside the 440 and downtown loop. They should be close to adding ones at the The West End and 3102 West End Circle very soon. 1101 18th is now under construction plus the Terrazzo that will start in the spring.

I know! This is truely an exciting time to be watching the skyline in nashville. I'm very excited about the Icon because I'm eager to see what kind of skyline shots are to be had from the top floor. One of the Urbanplanet forumers definitely has to pose as a prospective penthouse buyer and snap a few photos from the 21st. floor balcony... :shades:

I know! This is truely an exciting time to be watching the skyline in nashville. I'm very excited about the Icon because I'm eager to see what kind of skyline shots are to be had from the top floor. One of the Urbanplanet forumers definitely has to pose as a prospective penthouse buyer and snap a few photos from the 21st. floor balcony... :shades:

Pending they don't do a credit check before hand, that could be arranged you know.

LOL!!

Archived