6. Rare. Well Done. Omaha, NE

7. The City Different. Santa Fe, NM

8. Where Yee-Ha Meets Ol

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

9. City with Sol. San Diego, CA

Where the hell did that come from? I've lived here for almost 20 years and have never ever heard that (clever though it may be) it has always been "Americas Finest City" which I find a bit presumptuous-but pretty close.

My favorite is easily NYC. I grew up in a very small town in the Mtns and for some damn reason always hit that city running-feel right at home. Though I think it demands a lot out of anyone. Traveled around the world but there is only one NYC

It's nice to see Texarkana's "Twice as Nice" on there, even though it's recently been changed.

And as many times as I've been to Champaign-Urbana, IL... and knowing many people who currently live there or have lived there, I've never heard it called "Shampoo-Banana," although I can see why!

When I moved to Jacksonville years ago...in the late 60's...the slogan was 'The Bold New City Of The South.'

It didn't seem appropriate back then, although it does now, given the tremendous growth.

"Where Florida Begins" isn't bad, since most people can't find Jacksonville on a map. The Jacksonville region is known as Florida's First Coast, because of nearby St. Augustine.

Archived