The Top 50 U.S. City Slogans

sunshine

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few good ones, especially the city nicknames. The guru forgot about

Los Angeles - el lay

Comparative nicknames are really uncreative, but I've heard Boone NC described as "The Boulder Of The East," and (I lived there for several years) boy is it an outdoorsy/Birkenstock/bong hits-kinda town.

• 3 weeks later...

Nashville will always be Music City U.S.A

honorable mention Athens of the south and Cashville if you are nasty :rofl:

Charlotte I like Queen city , I don't like crunkville and who came up with that list in the first place.

i like chattanooga's nick name dymo of dixies but i also like chatt -town...

Cincinnati is the real queen city. Charlotte is typical southern sprawl, ala Atlanta.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing off the popular "Keep Austin Weird" bumperstickers that refer to supporting local businesses, San Antonio is now sporting the "Keep San Antonio Lame" sticker and the Aggies in Bryan/College Station have introduced "Keep Bryan Normal".

"Keep Austin Weird" is still probably second running to "Music Capitol of the World" that the Chamber of Commerce and others push.

I always thought Atlanta's slogan was the best in the country---- The City Too Busy To Hate.

Seattle is called the Emerald City but doesn't have a slogan that I've ever heard. So I made up one:)

"Welcome to Seattle, a beautiful city where anti-social personalities crowd impossibly with other anti-social types"

1. What Happens Here, Stays Here. Las Vegas, NV

2. So Very Virginia. Charlottesville, VA

3. Always Turned On. Atlantic City, NJ

4. Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland, OH

5. The Sweetest Place on Earth. Hershey, PA

6. Rare. Well Done. Omaha, NE

7. The City Different. Santa Fe, NM

8. Where Yee-Ha Meets Ol

• 2 weeks later...

Cincinnati is the real queen city. Charlotte is typical southern sprawl, ala Atlanta.

It has it's sprawl, true, though will never be as bad as ATL's because it is earlier along in the process by a few decades, and is making efforts to stop it now. Of course, that is irrelevant to who is the real Queen city. Since Charlotte was named after a queen, and the county it is within the place she was from, says to me which has a better claim to the title. Not to mention Charlotte incorporated in 1768, 20 years before Cinci, putting any timing arguments to rest. I could go on, but do not want to seem offensive about Cinci which is a place I like. Just want to address who the nickname should "belong to".

:thumbsup:

Raleigh, NC - "The City of Oaks" lol

Raleigh also uses "City Life, Carolina Style."

We were just assigned a new slogan next door in Durham: "Where Great Things Happen." It's quite possibly the worst, most generic city slogan I've ever heard.

Charlotte was indeed named after the Queen of England way back in the day (sorry Ohio), so "The Queen City" is definitely acceptable, and encouraged. It also has Queens University of Charlotte (Go Royals!) to add to the claim. The "Crunkville" is a bit off those, Charlotte need much more ofa nightlife to even consider giving it that nickname, its not exactly a crunked up place, besides, Lil Jon and the Ying Yang Twins would put the ATL on the top of the list of Crunkest Cities. Charlotte has also been called the "Hornet's Nest", because of its resident's resistance to troops back in something hundred and whenever, that why we had the Charlotte Hornets before they skipped town. I like QC, crunk or not.

Archived