Orchards of Highfill

mcheiss

I recently found out about a massive planned unit development in Highfill (city 5 miles west of Bentonville).

This development is 1,583 acres that will consist of:

1,084 acres for residential space with 6,168 total units consisting of single-family housing and multi-family housing and different ratios.

Green space with lakes and streams.

Commercial (Retail, small restaurants).

Industrial space (most Industrial space will be concentrated on the east side of the development and will include industrial activity from the airport).

Highfill's city center.

And a proposed new school.

This whole development would add 14,000 residents to the city of Highfill if 2.4 (assumed national average of people in a household) lived in each residential unit!!!!!

Of course it's not going to be built overnight, it will take 7-10 years to be complete, but will by far be the biggest master-plan project in Benton County and possibly NW Arkansas!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another large housing unit has been announced this week.

The residential housing development will be on Beaver Lake just east of Springdale and will encompass 600 acres. The entire plan calls for 883 Single Family homes ranging from 2,000 to 5,000 square feet. A clubhouse will also be included along with some of the 600 acres includes 2-3 story condo towers.

It will be built in 6 phases.

It's nice to see Springdale with some positive growth.

While I'm not surprised about development at Highfill I must admit I am a bit surprised that housing would be on that list. Does seem a little odd to be putting in subdivisions anywhere near a fast growing airport.

I guess they are planning for the future of NWA to be near Highfill.

I don't think it's right next to the airport, but may'be a mile or so away.

I guess they are planning for the future of NWA to be near Highfill.

I don't think it's right next to the airport, but may'be a mile or so away.

Yeah I do think Highfill will have a big inpact on the area in the future. I guess I just didn't think of it as a place to put in a lot of subdivisions. More nonhousing developments. I can just imagine what it will be like near the airport in the future when it's grown so much more than what it is now.

Yeah I do think Highfill will have a big inpact on the area in the future. I guess I just didn't think of it as a place to put in a lot of subdivisions. More nonhousing developments. I can just imagine what it will be like near the airport in the future when it's grown so much more than what it is now.

I thought the same thing about Centerton a few years ago.

Archived