Augusta Developments News

ironchapman

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hammonds ferry is coming along nicely! I did a quick drive through Augusta yesterday and noticed a few things. The new rehab Hospital on Walton Way is much better looking in person than it is in the rendering. They are also tearing down a few building near the DT Kroger...possible Medical College project?? I noticed a new hotel going up at Riverwatch but it could have been an expansion of the newly built Baysuites or whatever it is over there. Didnt get by the site for the new Hilton Gardens or Sheraton....maybe next time. Villages at Riverwatch is still grading but looks like theyve just about got that done. I passed up trying to get down Walton Way extension or I-20 between it and Washinton rd. because I knew it would be a big mess but I did get over the Grovetown to see the house a friend of mine is building and couldnt get over how much this once sleepy little town has grown! The subdivisions and townhome communities out that way scretch for miles!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the large structure they are building behind the Husqvarna office building on Stevens Creek road is going to be? it looks to have 2-3 main floors but the front of the building has an architectural piece that looks to add another couple of floors. office building maybe?

I also drove by the site of the Hilton Gardens Inn and for a 100 plus room hotel, the plot is very, very small. There were consuction workers in the parking lot of the Augusta Inn and Conference Center and I was going to ask them how many floors the Hilton would have but chickened out. Could this be a sign that we could see an 8-9 floor hotel here? Just speculating.

It may be ADP but I'm not sure because that looks far too long to be ADP. They just announced them coming a few weeks ago. Plus they are supposed to be renting office space when they first open in Augusta.

Socaguy..ADP is the company that's expanding into Augusta and bringing 1000 jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

High end hotels and a new convention center are coming to Augusta. Here's the article.

That part of West Augusta is seeing a lot of growth with several hotels, the Village at Riverwatch and the condo deveolopment that may come to National Hills and that is all in like a 5 mile or less radius. That area and Downtown are going to be areas to watch in the near future.

PJA, I just read the article about the 2 new hotels, Staybridge suites and Raddison. Im glad Raddison is making a re-entry to the Augusta market, but with all of the other hotels in that general vicinity going up including the Hilton garden inn and the Sheraton, plus all the hotels lining Washington rd. and Claussen rd. in the same area, and then the 2 hotels planned across the parkway at The Villages at Riverwatch, dont you think they are overdoing it?

Maybe not...lets hope not at least. I just hope the area doesnt become tacky looking with all the EIFS buildings, (Im sure) that will be going up in the next year or so!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...