Augusta Developments News

ironchapman

Here is a report from the AC that talks about all the new Apartments that are popping up around West Augusta, and North Augusta. With the housing crisis still hitting hard in the U.S, the apartment market is picking up more demand, especially in Augusta. I'm glad to see more new construction and growth come to the city.

Article

• 1 month later...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what the development behind the hotels near the I-520-Gordon Hwy interchange is going to be? They have cleared alot of land and it is visible from 520.

Also, does anyone know how far along ADP is? Id like to drive by next time Im in Augusta.

Edited by socaguy

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know what the development behind the hotels near the I-520-Gordon Hwy interchange is going to be? They have cleared alot of land and it is visible from 520.

Also, does anyone know how far along ADP is? Id like to drive by next time Im in Augusta.

Edited by augga706

the giant area of land that was cleared in front of riverwood plantation is part of the retail development that will occur there. Right now a publix will be built, along with a kobe steakhouse, which as augga said in another topic is also being built by kroger on washington road in richmond county. CVS Pharmacy is also looking at the riverwood plantation site according to one of the forms of media in Augusta.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In a sign of progress for the local economy, Mercedes-Benz of Augusta opened its new showroom today. The expansion at Washington Rd. and Patriots Way is a $5,000,000 project.

Several employees have been added too, and there are more service bays at the dealership now.

Group One Automotive of Houston now owns the dealership, which employs about 80 people.

• 2 weeks later...

The Savannah River Banking Company held it's ribbon cutting ceremony today for their new building on Walton Way Extention (next door to Chick-Fil-A) And it looks gorgeous, if I must say so myself. I work for the Architecture Firm that designed it, so I may sound a bit biased, but hey, it's definitely a pleasure to be a part of Augusta's progress, very exciting.

On the same street, there a plans for a Cheddar's Restaurant to open in Fall. Been to the one in Macon, and the food is pretty good, similar to a Chili's.

And in other news, Augusta is ranked in the Top 100 Cities to Live in the US for 2009, along with Savannah and Atlanta Suburbs.

• 1 month later...

Apple store is projected to open on July 7, 2009, According to this site. http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/apple_stores.pdf

Construction apparently has been going on since Last month. http://html.ifoman.com.s3.amazonaws.com/chronology.html

augustmall_may27_1.jpg

More Photos at 2nd link, just Ctrl+F and type in Augusta you should find the info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This forum does not get alot of buzz lately...not sure if it because the Augusta posters have moved elsewhere or maybe there is just not alot going on in Augusta lately. I have actually been working in Augusta for almost a year now and because of time (or lack of it) dont get to read the news so Im unaware of any new projects planned for Augusta. I can tell you what seems to be going on with project started though...

-Augusta Judicial Center- Looks fantastic. It is on the 4th (and final) floor I believe but very tall floors and a huge building right at street level on Walton Way.

-Augusta Richmond Co. Library-Another imposing building right down the street from the Judicial Center. This part of DT will transform over the next few years.

-Medical District- Cancer Center going up at MCG and Cardiovascular Center finished at University. I think the School of Dentistry will be next on the list.

-Hotels-The only ones UC are a Sheraton (5 floors) off Washington and Stevens Creek and a 4 floor hotel on Gordon HWY. Both are almost finished. These are the only 2 I know of....there could be more?

-Strip Centers- multiple ones under construction especially in Columbia County.

-Apartments- Several large complexes UC in Richmond and Columbia Counties.

-Highways- Numerous REALLY HUGE projects including the 20/520 interchange and 20 revamp and widening, the Palmetto Pkway in Aiken co., St Sebastian way DT, etc. All of these projects include multiple flyover bridges....20/520 looks great!

Anyone add anymore significant projects to the list??

It seems alot of Augusta's posters are on city data. There is still tons of construction in Augusta going on. Alexander road will recieve $9 million to widen the road. Several office buildings going up in West Augusta along perimeter pkwy and wheeler road. There is a new restaurant and knology building going up in West Augusta along wheeler rd and walton way ext. The Johnson building downtown has been purchased, it will be turned into retail/residential.The Kroc center on Broad street in Harrisburg starts construction in oct/nov of this year. The Kroc Centr will have a mill village across from the center. The mill village will include offices, homes, shops, and restaurants. Several houses on Broad street near the kroc center have already been demolished. Broad street burgers will be demolished and then relocate to another area of Harrisburg. MCG's School of Dentistry groundbreaking is September 30th. MCG's dorms are under constructon near Paine College. The Fairfield Inn on Gordon hwy in South Augusta is open for business. ''The Gateway'' the walmart strip center on Grovetown's I-20 exit is almost complete. The $30 million American tire facility is still under construction in South Augusta off Gordon hwy. Aiken revamped their old train depot in their downtown. There is still massive construction on I-20/I-520. The Palmetto pkwy in North Augusta is coming along with construction. Exit 5 on I-20 in North Augusta is becoming a very hot area in terms of growth.

I think Thomson's, Grovetown's and North Augusta's exit 5 since it has two exits. All these I-20 exits will look similar to the Augusta exchange area in West Augusta in 7-10 years.

The Westobou festival starts today. A ten day Arts festival in Augusta, over 100,000 people showed up last year. There is a story in the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Westobou.

Experience Augusta's arts scene at Westobou *{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} ajc.com

Edited by augga706

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this interesting graphic of the new Gateway shopping center on a nail salon site that claims it will open a location there:ga-a07-040.jpg

Of course, the Bass Pro Shops is supposed to be opening at the starting-to-appear-as-if-it-will-never-be-built Village at Riverwatch, which takes away credibility from this graphic to me at least, but who knows with the way the Village continuously keeps getting stalled. But this property was rumored as being looked at by Bass Pro a couple of years ago, so hmm... what if this does prove true? And more realistically, have not heard anything about a Home Depot being put in the Gateway, but do yall think Home Depot would be a good fit there?

Edited by imacrazyalbino