DONT LEAVE MACON OUT!

dougtha1

I think we should give Macon and Savannah an equal opportunity to succeed or fail as far as a subforum goes. Thats only the fair way. Creating a subforum could actually boost the post for these two areas with the increased visibility. It couldn't hurt. Give it a two week trial. This post here shows that atleast someone is interested. Thanks in advance SPARTAN.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should give Macon and Savannah an equal opportunity to succeed or fail as far as a subforum goes. Thats only the fair way. Creating a subforum could actually boost the post for these two areas with the increased visibility.

Macon is probably next in line as far as subforums go. By the polls, Macon didn't get quite as much support for a subforum as Columbus or Augusta, but it is next in line. It's certainly the most active part of the current GA forum alone. I don't know, I guess we'll have to get monsoon's and/or Spartan's opinion on this.

Savannah, by the amount of progress it has been seeing is a few months off at least from a forum. As beautiful as the place is, the only forumer actually from Savannah that I can think of who regularly posts here is SavannahGa. Savannah gets very little attention hen it comes to development. There is plenty of boosting for the place as one of the most beautiful cities in the nation, just not enough actual interest in developments in the city.

Of course, Macon, Augusta, and Columbus kind of remind me of what I think is Tennessee's situation because it has two large and important cities in it just like we have Columbus, Augusta, and Macon.

Here's what I mean:

Columbus gets a subforum-then Macon and Augusta want one.

Columbus and Augusta get subforums-then Macon will want one

(You get my point there)

Nashville gets a subforum-Some Memphis posters will want a Memphis forum

Memphis gets one-then Nashville will complain as to why it doesn't have one.

You get my drift? :)

In my opinion it's actually not a very good idea to start giving the fall-line cities their own subforums because after Columbus, Augusta, Macon and Savannah get subforums then there will be very few posts in the general georgia section. As for Macon being left out, it is unfortunate since the middle georgia area is arguably the best of the fall-line cities in terms of recent developments and economic growth. (Macon already stakes claim to the largest retail market outside ATL and Georgia's fastest growing city, Warner Robins) But look at it this way: with Columbus and Augusta topics thrown into their own subforums, all of the Macon related posts will be at the forefront of the general Georgia forum, which will no doubt lead to increased interest in Middle Georgia anyway. So the moderators' oversight of Macon's popularity may be a blessing in disguise. :thumbsup:

You guys are way to caught up in these subforums. You can still discuss Macon and Savannah without them. Like monsoon said, we dont have it down to a science. If Macon's activity level warrants it, then we will create a Macon subforum. Just look at it as a challenge rather than an obstacle.

You guys are way to caught up in these subforums. You can still discuss Macon and Savannah without them. Like monsoon said, we dont have it down to a science. If Macon's activity level warrants it, then we will create a Macon subforum. Just look at it as a challenge rather than an obstacle.

AGREES!!!

See? What'd I tell ya? Augusta and Columbus got their own subforums, thereby giving Macon its own pseduo-subforum on the main "Georgia" topics page. I personally prefer it this way. All my favorite Macon topics are on the front page...and I can get to them all in fewer clicks. The moderators actually did us mactown forumers a favor by neatly removing the non-middle ga related from the front page. :P

See? What'd I tell ya? Augusta and Columbus got their own subforums, thereby giving Macon its own pseduo-subforum on the main "Georgia" topics page. I personally prefer it this way. All my favorite Macon topics are on the front page...and I can get to them all in fewer clicks. The moderators actually did us mactown forumers a favor by neatly removing the non-middle ga related from the front page. :P

Yeh sorta kinda i guess lol. OFFICIALLY: Georgia/Mactown (and Middle Georgia) Forum

Archived