Downtown Little Rock Condominiums

I thought it was interesting that River View apartments are going to be converted to "affordable" condominiums. I looked at these apartments a few years ago and they have a wonderful view and location.

I'm glad to see more reasonably priced condos in the downtown market. The young professional demographic should be the main target downtown and few can afford condos that start at $350k.

I would not be suprised in a few years to see condo conversions in Riverdale. It's such a nice area with parks and plenty to do and the views of the river bluffs are gorgeous. Throw in Alltel, Winrock, Dillard's and Acxiom HQs there and its close location to downtown and I think we'll see property values boom down there.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was interesting that River View apartments are going to be converted to "affordable" condominiums. I looked at these apartments a few years ago and they have a wonderful view and location.

I'm glad to see more reasonably priced condos in the downtown market. The young professional demographic should be the main target downtown and few can afford condos that start at $350k.

I would not be suprised in a few years to see condo conversions in Riverdale. It's such a nice area with parks and plenty to do and the views of the river bluffs are gorgeous. Throw in Alltel, Winrock, Dillard's and Acxiom HQs there and its close location to downtown and I think we'll see property values boom down there.

I found out in the Gazette a little while ago, and was somewhat surprised. Maybe it's just the market calling for it. The area is great for young professionals, as it's on the edge of downtown. It's also close several law firms. That particular area is unique because it's sort of where downtown and the older area of Cantrell merge.

I found out in the Gazette a little while ago, and was somewhat surprised. Maybe it's just the market calling for it. The area is great for young professionals, as it's on the edge of downtown. It's also close several law firms. That particular area is unique because it's sort of where downtown and the older area of Cantrell merge.

I wish I had some pictures to show those not familiar with the area, it's as gorgeous as urban Arkansas gets. Riverdale used to be a country club many years ago and the land was sold for development when the country club moved to Pleasant Valley where a new golf course was constructed. The old golf course became Rebsamen, which is probably the state's nicest public course.

There are some beautiful views from Skyline over by Murray Dam as well. I know Acxiom CEO Charles Morgan lives over there.

Yeah if someone ever finds any pics it would be much appreciated. It sounds like a great idea. Does anyone know much about the way the apartments are now? Would they have to do much remodeling for the condos?

There are a lot of nice apartments in good condition. They're generally moderate rent apts, not cheap but not luxury but still well above standard Lindsey Co fare. There is one condo complex already there and there is also a luxury high-end apt complex with rents exceeding $1000 for a one bedroom.

There are two high-rise condo buildings there and they are constructing a third but the names of all of them escape me.

This is the Brightwaters apartment complex...

b_photo_brightwaters1.jpg

Park at Riverdale apts...

62D36194-E4D7-4347-9182-7B223C5EFECB.jpg

Riverwalk apts...

ACB9BF93-6B87-4063-A5EF-DAD056B3EC4D.jpg

This is Rebsamen Golf Course. The bluffs along the river run throughout the area.

lr_rebsamengolf_001_m.jpg

This is Alltel's corporate HQ complex...

alltel_mainimagelrg.jpg

• 5 months later...

The River View apartments have a name change to "The Cliffs Condominiums". They are being offered for sale by Moses Tucker.

• 1 month later...

The Donaghey Building at 7th and Main is undergoing interior demolition. Smith Investments plans to convert floors 5-14 into condos with commercial and professional space on the lower floors. The plans are to turn the upper floors into 112 affordable condos. The company is offering to purchase the Metrocentre Improvement District parking deck for $1.5 million. The deck is across 7th from the Donaghey Building and was the home, at one time, to the farmers market. This will put condos in the 500 block of Main(Lafayette Square 94 units), 600 block(610 Main St. 10 units) and the 700 block (Donaghey Building 112 units.).

Donaghey Building

donagheybuilding8bk.jpg

The Donaghey Building at 7th and Main is undergoing interior demolition. Smith Investments plans to convert floors 5-14 into condos with commercial and professional space on the lower floors. The plans are to turn the upper floors into 112 affordable condos. The company is offering to purchase the Metrocentre Improvement District parking deck for $1.5 million. The deck is across 7th from the Donaghey Building and was the home, at one time, to the farmers market. This will put condos in the 500 block of Main(Lafayette Square 94 units), 600 block(610 Main St. 10 units) and the 700 block (Donaghey Building 112 units.).

Donaghey Building

donagheybuilding8bk.jpg

Awesome. Do you know the price on the condos? I'm glad to see some affordable housing downtown, I think this will do well with young professionals in the under 35 range. I also think this along with Lafayette Square will finally sput commercial redevelopment down Main.

Awesome. Do you know the price on the condos? I'm glad to see some affordable housing downtown, I think this will do well with young professionals in the under 35 range. I also think this along with Lafayette Square will finally sput commercial redevelopment down Main.

A few corrections: there will be 96 units and $2.05 million has been offered for the parking deck. As for prices they will range from $150 and $175 per square foot for a finished unit.

I came across this website and thought it was interesting. I have no idea exactly where these are to be built, but they are really pricy. Check out the website:

Marina Cove

condos.jpg

That would be 2228 Cottondale Lane, off of Riverfront Drive on the river adjacent (down river) from Alltel's headquarters. How do I know? Our office use to be in that building from 1989 to about 1996 or so. We built a new building 3 doors down and are still enjoying it - great views of the river.

I should note that the taller building does not now exist. The building paralleling the river was/is an office building. It will be converted and the new building built adjacent to it. The renderings don't look all that great....the building(s) will need a lot of attention to make this an attractive residential property.

Interesting. Maybe you'll have to look into them if you do get to come back in a year or so.

The condo life is not for the one with a three year old, my man. Otherwise I'd be buying smack dab downtown, though I do like Riverdale.

I'd probably be looking at the Heights/Hillcrest or West LR somewhere. I'd be working out west so I'd have to factor that in.

I'm about 99% certain there is not a marina associated with this development.

It's interesting that they chose such a misnomer.

The levee would create issues as any marina would have to be shielded, you can't just throw a few boat slips out there the way you can on Lake Hamilton.

At those prices, I think it's a bit excessive to charge that much and not have a marina as part of the package. It can be done, Canal Pointe (a few blocks away) has several homes and condos with boats on the water and river access. I don't think these will sell well though I guess they have the Alltel, Acxiom, Winrock, and Dillard's executive markets to court. The location, at least, is good.

• 2 months later...

An acquaintance of mine in the commercial real-estate industry (and a reliable source) told me recently that Moses-Tucker is finalizing the architectural plans for their next condo tower. The last word I heard on its height came about three months ago. At that time, the building was to stand 23 stories tall (give or take a floor). While that is exciting news, the original plan was to build a tower in the neighborhood of 30 stories. Unfortunately, the financing fell short of the desired goal and several floors were removed, last spring. I am not certain if it is still planned as a mixed-use tower (hotel-condo) or one with only the condo component and first-floor retail. It is my understanding that the tower will rise on the block surrounded by Third, Commerce, Fourth, and Rock

An acquaintance of mine in the commercial real-estate industry (and a reliable source) told me recently that Moses-Tucker is finalizing the architectural plans for their next condo tower. The last word I heard on its height came about three months ago. At that time, the building was to stand 23 stories tall (give or take a floor). While that is exciting news, the original plan was to build a tower in the neighborhood of 30 stories. Unfortunately, the financing fell short of the desired goal and several floors were removed, last spring. I am not certain if it is still planned as a mixed-use tower (hotel-condo) or one with only the condo component and first-floor retail. It is my understanding that the tower will rise on the block surrounded by Third, Commerce, Fourth, and Rock

• 4 weeks later...

Archived