Downtown Little Rock Condominiums

Any ideas on a starting date?

Things were tied up by this parking deck issue so the earlier dates were postponed. No new dates have been announced.

This is a key project because along with Lafayette Square it will provide a substantial amount of residential on Main. These two projects could fuel a lot of redevelopment along Main, especially if Stephens does something with the land where the old bus depot was located.

It also is supposed to provide affordable condos that will allow more young professionals to buy downtown. Prices at the other developments are too high for most people early in their careers, even if they are lawyers, engineers, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An acquaintance of mine in the commercial real-estate industry (and a reliable source) told me recently that Moses-Tucker is finalizing the architectural plans for their next condo tower. The last word I heard on its height came about three months ago. At that time, the building was to stand 23 stories tall (give or take a floor). While that is exciting news, the original plan was to build a tower in the neighborhood of 30 stories. Unfortunately, the financing fell short of the desired goal and several floors were removed, last spring. I am not certain if it is still planned as a mixed-use tower (hotel-condo) or one with only the condo component and first-floor retail. It is my understanding that the tower will rise on the block surrounded by Third, Commerce, Fourth, and Rock

That is exciting, yet also somewhat expected as Moses-Tucker has publicly stated that they've only built about 1/3 of what they're planning downtown over the next 10 years. Another tower would be great. As I drove into Little Rock this evening from a trip out of town, the skyline is unquestionably becoming quite masculine with the new towers in Rivermarket. Its pretty cool that the CBC is now developing two distinct skylines. The addition of another 20-30 story tower would solidify a new, distinct high-rise district.

• 3 months later...
Yes, I've seen it. Unfortunately...

A - Its a goofy remodel, and...

B - How's this for a pretentious tagline..."For some, living in the bustle of a busy downtown is what it's all about. For the rest of us, we enjoy that excitement - but from an arm's length."

Good grief! Is that not lame? Like you're too good for getting "dirty" downtown?

Gotcha. Well since I don't actually have any interest in living in a condo OR downtown, it's not my cup o' tea, and I guess I'm "too good for getting dirty downtown". Having said that, the face list they seem to propose looks like an improvement over the existing structure, so hopefully it's not all bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The Donaghey Building conversion project will not be buying the parking deck. There is now talk to lease 180 spaces in the deck. The developer says she will have to rework her financial plan but hopes to have construction started by the end of November or December.

• 4 weeks later...
I read that as well. The problem is that I don't know what constitutes "Lofts" anymore, or furthermore whether or not this is a new or existing building. Lots of nice press for all of the downtown residential towers this week in ADG and AB as mentioned.

Archived