Newberry!

upstate29650

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember visiting Newberry twice some years ago. I checked out Newberry College when searching for places to continue my education. Its facilities were 1960s-ish.

Newberry Opera House is very nice. I was there nearly four years ago to see Seven Nations perform and met with them after the show. It was an awesome celtic rock infused performance.

All its Insterstate accesses have been vastly improved through widening and bridge replacement. It makes getting into the city much easier.

Newberry has came a long way. Most of the development ocurred around Newberry High School. The Super Walmart and a strip of stores across the street. However the relocation of the Walmart turned it's former plaza to a ghost town hurting surrounding tenants,until eventually all closed. It seems like all the tenants from the 1st plaza eventually caught on and relocated around the super walmart.

Archived