Let It Snow...

sstroh

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one, do not like the cold or driving in the bad weather (like this morning's commute to work).

But I must say that there is something surreal when the snow is coming down so fast and blanketing all in white...

Can someone post a picture? I'm in Detroit and we got nothin'. I can't believe the reports from GR. I heard it was a record snowfall in GR yesterday, almost 6 inches!

snow is good because:

of it's sound-muffling effect. Instant quietude after a big snowfall.

Snow is not-so-good because:

it's difficult to manuver a bicycle through it, and I refuse to ride a Vespa through it.

We should have kept up with our raking, because there is a high ridge of leaves, now covered with snow, directly in front of the garage door. Guess I know what I'll be doing this afternoon. :ph34r:

snow is good because:

of it's sound-muffling effect. Instant quietude after a big snowfall.

Snow is not-so-good because:

it's difficult to manuver a bicycle through it, and I refuse to ride a Vespa through it.

We should have kept up with our raking, because there is a high ridge of leaves, now covered with snow, directly in front of the garage door. Guess I know what I'll be doing this afternoon. :ph34r:

I like it because...oh I don't know, I just like it when it snows. :silly:

But I don't like it because its wet and cold and requires shoveling! If snow would evaporate instead of melt, and if it didn't ever get below, say, 30 degrees around here, it would be great. I don't like it when you walk outside and your boogers freeze. That's too *%&$ing cold if you ask me. :D

Snow is wonderful when its comming down hard. Sometimes I welcome the way it kind of throws the routine off and slows you down and lake-effect is just facinating to observe. Sunny one moment, blizzard the next.

Snow is lousy when it's knee deep and you have to shovel it, clean it from the car, scrape the ice off the windows, pour warm water on the locks so you can get the doors open. drive on streets with people that forget that they cannot drive like it's the middle of July when the roads are icy.

other than that, snow is wonderful.

yeah I've learned to like it for the most part but march gets really sloppy when it warms up and freezes every couple days. But it is pretty, and its interesting that we get twice as much snow as D'roit and SE MI not to mention parts of the UP gets twice as much as us due to lake effects, at least its not colder

I don't like it when you walk outside and your boogers freeze. That's too *%&$ing cold if you ask me. :D

Yes!!! :rofl:

I would like it only on days when I want a nice cave day at home, fireplace, warm blanket, hot toddy, etc. The rest of the time of snow can go away!

I don't like it when you walk outside and your boogers freeze. That's too *%&$ing cold if you ask me. :D

:rofl:

I've said the exact same thing to people, and they usually look at me funny :huh: That's usually when the windchill is below 0 F when that happens, I think.

And I still have to get some leaves off the lawn too. It you let the leaves sit under the snow, then you get "snow-mold" in your grass when Spring comes :sick: Oh, and I have to get the snow blower fixed.... and I have to put up the Christmas lights. We weren't supposed to get snow so early <_< Ah well.

Archived