Food Lion entering GV market

gs3

Good news about the Food Lion entry into the Greenville area. Most of the Greenville area stores will be the companies upscale Bloom stores, not the basic Food Lions. Check out this article below. Also check out Blooms website at http://www.shopbloom.com/

Considering Bloom currently only operates 5 or 6 locations, this looks like the first big expansion for this division. We all knew the Greenville market was too nice for basic Food Lion stores. Nice that Food Lion recognizes this also! :thumbsup: The article list the first 9 or 10 locations that will open.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....04263379&EDATE=

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one Bloom location that sparked my interest was the one at Bridges Road and Holland Road. Bridges is the exit off 385 at the Charter Building, if you're headed from downtown, turn left over 385 and isn't Holland the first main road? If so, this would mean a new store being built as this is vacant land. Could this be part of the shopping/entertainment/village area for the development around the Charter building? Anybody know about this?

Yeah, Bloom looks pretty cool and very techno savvy......I was reading their website where they'll have hand held scanners and your can scan you groceries as you shop, the simply dock then scanner at the end to pay the total. Much better even than Bi-Los self scan checkout. Their website will also keep a running grocery list that you can print out from home or once you've gotten to the store. Sounds like they have lots of techno goodies to make grocery shopping fun.

I was intending to post a reply to this news earlier today, but lost my window of opportunity. This sounds and looks awesome for the entire Upstate! I was shocked at the reported 9 new stores being built by October at the latest. :w00t: I was going to ask what the square footage is for most Bloom supermarkets, bu it looks like it has been answered. Thanks for the good replies, everyone! :thumbsup:

I was intending to post a reply to this news earlier today, but lost my window of opportunity. This sounds and looks awesome for the entire Upstate! I was shocked at the reported 9 new stores being built by October at the latest. :w00t: I was going to ask what the square footage is for most Bloom supermarkets, bu it looks like it has been answered. Thanks for the good replies, everyone! :thumbsup:

I was not familiar with Bloom until you guys mentioned it here a few months ago, but the store looks great! Bloom will certainly add something different to the Greenville grocery market! :yahoo:

Out of curiosity, the EarthFare on Augusta closed earlier this week after 7 years. They told me that a new Natual Foods store was opening there today (Friday). Does anyone have additional information on this?

Hi Bradyg23! Welcome to U.P.! I wish we did have some more information. We were discussing this same thing here.

Thanks RestedTraveler...

I just rec'd the following from EarthFare Corporate... (I hope it is OK, I posted it in the other discussion area as well)... It references A&S Natural Health. I haven't found any website for them.

Earth Fare Consolidates Greenville Operations into Pelham Location

Asheville, N.C., January 17, 2006-Asheville-based Earth Fare, the healthy supermarket, announced the sale of the Earth Fare market located at # 6 Lewis Plaza in Greenville, SC so that it can focus its efforts in Greenville on serving the customer base through its much larger Pelham Road location.

I can't place any vacant land at this intersection where Bloom would go. Any ideas where this will be?

btoy mentioned a truck terminal being torn down. I can't place where that is. I'll have to look next time I'm through there. What came to mind when I first heard it was the old Batesville Mill/Fatz Cafe site. :dontknow:

btoy mentioned a truck terminal being torn down. I can't place where that is. I'll have to look next time I'm through there. What came to mind when I first heard it was the old Batesville Mill/Fatz Cafe site. :dontknow:

If you're at that intersection, it's right behind the strip center that is home to Bubba Annies.

Out of curiosity, the EarthFare on Augusta closed earlier this week after 7 years. They told me that a new Natual Foods store was opening there today (Friday). Does anyone have additional information on this?

Welcome, bradyg23! Great to have you on board here at UrbanPlanet.org! Hope to hear more from you and often. :D

Was in Charlotte today and ran in Bloom. We gonna love it guys. Can't wait till they open. The minute I held a bottle of wine to the scanner and it told me all the info about the wine, the food to serve with the wine and the best way to serve the wine....I was in love! :wub:

Archived