Cumberland Yacht Harbor (Nashville)

smeagolsfree

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! Is it just a proposal, or has it been approved??!!?! How close to downtown is this? Is it a condo/Marina, or just a Condo with docks for homeowners ?

This is really great!! And its very "unNashville" but I think it will be a great addition to the city. It'll introduce a whole new style of waterfront living. If the folks up there are anything like the folks down here.. they will really be drawn to the waterfront... and especially in Nashville where you have the additional advantage of the hills... it'll be gorgeous!!!

Ron, links are good, it's just posting the article that's not allowed. If I was the realtor, it might be a different thing, but I think it's good to be able for us to pick up the facts and talk about specifics.

I really like this development, especially since it's only about 3 miles from downtown. It's been a really complicated thing. The Army Corps. of Engineers in itself was a nightmare, but received its approval earlier in the year. The established neighborhood through which this will be accessed was another matter. I think the dredging for the marina itself might take a year, then the buildings. If I had lots of money (and a fine boat), this would be for me, but I guess I'll just have to wander over from time to time and dream about it...and eat at the waterfront restaurant.

I think all of us should appreciate the environmental issues that have been resolved. The Cumberland is in good shape now but still very fragile and we have to take care of it.

Dave,

I am looking forward to this one getting underway. Its great to see some other things on that side of the river. In doing the development map, it is mind blowing how much is going on the west end of the river and how little is going on the east end. Maybe I am not that familiar with the East End, but there is a lot of potential over there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey look, Atlanta is successful, but they have neglected their Chattahoochee to utter death, on the cleanest of its days, its brown as the TN dirt, and its very dry because of Lake Lanier for use as a water resovoir for ATL Metro. At least ours is acctually usable for other than water for the people, still we need more focus on it

• 2 weeks later...

It has been approved and has almost half in reservations which means it may be a go rather soon.

Dave,

I didnt know if I should post the link or not. I am glad you went ahead and posted it.

Look at the timestamp on the above quote. It is now 2007. I'm just trying to get a general idea of if/when groundbreaking may occur. I believe more condo units may have been added to the plans since this quote.

Does anyone have a general idea of how many reservations have been made at this point, and where the project actually stands?

I spoke to William about this one and we are thinking it may be dead in the water. I think that Harpeth Shoals Marina in Ashland City has hurt this one. This porject has gone through a redesign as well. I need to stop at the sales office on Lebanon rd and see what the story is. If anyone knows anything about this one, please feel free to let us know.

I sent an email to Jim Varallo (project manager) inquiring on the status of the project.

As far as Harpeth Shoals Marina causing Cumberland Yacht Harbor to run out of steam, his words were;

"Heaven forbid a rumor like that get spread around. Let me assure you that Cumberland Yacht Harbor is alive and well!"

He said they are still in the presale mode until mid 2007, when they hope to have enough presales to push the project through the ground.

He also said they are in the process of restructuring their marketing, but are still available to show interested parties through the showroom and the site.

"Preconstruction discounts are still available, so don't wait much longer."

Archived