Cumberland Yacht Harbor (Nashville)

smeagolsfree

That certainly is good news for a project that was announced three years ago. I was starting to wonder. I spoke to a few people that live over there and they were not sure what was going on either. One person said that was why they bought in that area. Maybe they will get this out of the ground this year.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to apologize if I may have stepped on any toes here. My only concern was that it has been 3 years since the project was announced and I spoke to a number of folks who were concerned about this project including people living close by who were in the dark as well. I really look forward to more information coming very soon with regards to this project. It will be a huge addition to the built environment in Nashville.

I wanted to apologize if I may have stepped on any toes here. My only concern was that it has been 3 years since the project was announced and I spoke to a number of folks who were concerned about this project including people living close by who were in the dark as well. I really look forward to more information coming very soon with regards to this project. It will be a huge addition to the built environment in Nashville.

I also hope we'll get some more information soon. It seems the project manager has a very positive outlook at this time. Perhaps the message I sent him will illustrate it's high-time for a new press-release.

Presumptions naturally occur where there isn't an abundance of information.

• 2 months later...

Marks family makes another key investment into Nashville, This story in todays Tennessean. On another note about the Marks family, They have begin paving the large plot of land purchased behind the CMHF where the machine shop once stood across from the new Hampton. Guess nothign will be going up there for some time. Too bad because that area has huge potential.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...NESS02/70419040

All in due time. It really hasn't been that long since the CMHF was a parking lot, the Hilton and park/garage was a parking lot, the Symphony Center a fire station and mostly parking lot, the Encore, small buildings not much more than a parking lot as well as the Hampton site. Old aerials will show that the parking lots are continually filling up south of Broadway. There's still a lot of work to do, but if the recent past is any indication, we have nothing to worry about. Beside, for all intents and purposes, this new lot will hold a large convention hotel someday anyway, bet on it.

Oh yeah, the parking lot which will be The Crown. And it hasn't been that many years since the GEC was a parking lot.

I think we're doing fine so far.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cumberland sales center opens Saturday. Certainly good news fo rthis project.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...ml?surround=lfn

Anybody have an update on this one ? When Tower got involved I figured they'd completely overhaul the entire approach to the development and marketing of this project. That doesn't appear to have happened. I'm going to go out on a limb (not too far though I don't think) and predict that this deal get's deep sixed before Labor Day.

There was quite a significant change from the original plans. Units, initially, started at $685k, now 3-Something. I haven't paid much attention, but the CP had an ad this morning saying Phase I is "selling fast", so hurry. And as much as I enjoy your posts, please don't lecture on all the possibilities that sales lingo might mean. Thank you.

You didn't, lol, I was just didn't want you to explain to me why "selling fast, hurry" was merely a ploy to get people into the sales center and it really doesn't mean anything as to viability of the project's progress.

I just want to ride a bubble on one of my favorite projects before you explain to me, and more than likely, quite logically, why my bubble is too thin to ride very far. I just wanna have some fun. :)

Hope you took all that with the grain of levity as intended.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In Mid May I saw the note about the sales center opening. It's one of the more interesting condominium deals around, but I have not heard much about this one lately. What's the latest scoop?

Midtown

Not much of a scoop lately.................????? Anyone ??

Midtown

• 3 months later...

In case you guys missed this...

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...4/1194/COUNTY01

I've said it before, and again now: If Nashville will ever discover the potential of its river downtown (and that's a big IF), it will blow away Atlanta, Charlotte, Birmingham, and Orlando. Jacksonville is already light years ahead of the pack, and Memphis is doing quite well too. So get on the ball, Nashville!

In case you guys missed this...

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...4/1194/COUNTY01

I've said it before, and again now: If Nashville will ever discover the potential of its river downtown (and that's a big IF), it will blow away Atlanta, Charlotte, Birmingham, and Orlando. Jacksonville is already light years ahead of the pack, and Memphis is doing quite well too. So get on the ball, Nashville!

Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering about this one for a while. The sign on Lebanon Road is modest at best, but I have never driven back to this site to get an idea of what it will look like. Is it me or is it disappointing that after all this time there are only a few contracts, mostly just reservations? I don't know much about the process.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on this one? I have a boat and would love to have another place to visit by water. I agree with the previous posting, that if (when) Nashville fully realizes the potential of the Cumberland River, it will launch itself into a whole new level.

Richard Fulton started the movement in Nashville, but it's awefully slow in Tennessee to catch on. Other cities put a premium on riverfront property, and Nashville has turned it's back on the River historically. This is so good to see, I'm anxious to see things get moving. Any news, please post away.

Thx,

MT

You're absolutely right, Midtown. I'm just waiting for Nashville to make a bold move to embrace the river. Granted, I'm far away, but from what I've read (and seen), there's been no apparent commitment to the really big idea of "riverfront development". Yes, there has been an allocation (of what, $40M) to build a boardwalk, but that "aintgonnagitit." There has to be a huge effort much like had been done for SoBro. There has to be a public/private move to build dwellings and establishments on the east side. I know first hand that these developments can bring in huge amounts of taxes to the city. As far as I can tell, the elected officials are too timid to approach a big project that would surely require government seed money.

• 5 weeks later...

I know there has been a lot of talk of projects that are still being counted as viable. This is one that clings to life just as the Signature tower is doing and is almost as expensive. This project was approved by Metro on third reading in July 2003, almost 5 years ago.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...21/daily24.html

This is all the recent info I can find on CCYH. I know there has been a law suit filed over an environmental concern http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2007/11/...d_yacht_harbor_ The Nashville Crayfish being the subject of the lawsuit. This project has major money behind it with Tower Investments. According to the press release in April 45% of phase one was under contract. This of coarse was before the housing market bust. I think the hold up now is the law suit.

Can anyone shed some light?

http://www.cumberlandyachtharbor.com/new/p...se_04-18-07.pdf

MAFIAoZA

• 10 months later...

It's been AWHILE since we heard anything on this project. Here is an update on the Cumberland Yacht Harbor marina. A public hearing will be held on the developers plans to dig out part of Mill Creek which is a tributary of the Cumberland River and joins near the marina site. The controversy is over the endangered Nashville crayfish which can only be found in this area of the world.

Marina developer wants to dig part of Mill Creek

• 2 years later...

Archived