Hotel Updates

GRM76

Word is that the Hampton Inn on 28th Street will soon be closing or at least changing names. They are supposedly replacing it with a Hampton Inn and Suites behind the new Target to open in fall '06.

I have also heard that a Country Inn and Suites is being built where Duba

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ that sounds retarted to me since there is a country inn at 96 and 28th and now the're going to put one 2 exits up, it seems to me that about the last 10 hotels built in the area are all the same, already in the market, 3 story, 150 room holiday inn express/comfort in type hotels I would like to see a new brand like sheradon, regular marriott, double tree, clarion, la quinta, ect. also maybe has a little charactor and is 8 floors, like an embassy suits

^^ that sounds retarted to me since there is a country inn at 96 and 28th and now the're going to put one 2 exits up, it seems to me that about the last 10 hotels built in the area are all the same, already in the market, 3 story, 150 room holiday inn express/comfort in type hotels I would like to see a new brand like sheradon, regular marriott, double tree, clarion, la quinta, ect. also maybe has a little charactor and is 8 floors, like an embassy suits

i agree with this. like the one they just built up in comstock park off 131, its like those little hotels you stop at when your on a road trip in the middle of nowhere. guess id just like to see something a little more "city-ish"

I did not know that. I shall call them phantom nimbys. (wait, are you serious?)

Phantom nimbys indeed.

there is a neighborhood nearby off fulton but it is actually in GR township and across through the woods and across the railroad track from the site that is in Gr city limits. So they should have no say in it because they probably cant see through the woods and they dont live in the city and they are next to a developing area by an interstate expressway as well as a rail line. Whst difference to them is an 8 story hotel and a 3 floor one. they are NIMBYs

I'm really surprised that that little area was zoned residential and not commercial. It is completely surrounded by major thoroughfares (Fulton, I-96 and the Beltline). I'm surprised the neighbors don't all band together and sell to a commercial developer and make a mint.

Here's an aerial:

E17F53E05A0711DABE1314B518F73B1D.jpg

I'm really surprised that that little area was zoned residential and not commercial. It is completely surrounded by major thoroughfares (Fulton, I-96 and the Beltline). I'm surprised the neighbors don't all band together and sell to a commercial developer and make a mint.

Here's an aerial:

[ur;]http://www.magix-photos.com/mediapool/A2/B1/1D/A0/D6/C8/11/D9/9C/C3/FC/91/18/F7/3B/1D/10/E17F53E05A0711DABE1314B518F73B1D.jpg

Still Phantom NIMBYs has a nice ring to it, lol.

I have considered this, tell me what you all think,

I think we should change the name of GR township to, NIMBY township.

I'll get a petition drive going.

I second that, I just dont understant their mindset. look at where they live, surrounded by fulton, e.beltline, I96, and railroad tracks, and as development comes along e.beltline they act like its the middle of the rain forest or something but its ok to live in spreadout suburbia style housing as long as none of the office buildings are over 3 stories and 300 feet from the road

They are just pissed at where they live. NIMBY's never go away and you can't kill them (legally at least). I think the best way to deal with them is point at them and call them stewpud names...

I second that, I just dont understant their mindset. look at where they live, surrounded by fulton, e.beltline, I96, and railroad tracks, and as development comes along e.beltline they act like its the middle of the rain forest or something but its ok to live in spreadout suburbia style housing as long as none of the office buildings are over 3 stories and 300 feet from the road

For those of you who love site plans and renderings, here's the Northpointe site with planned hotel and Uno's locations:

that building is gonna be a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. At least they'll have plenty of parking...

that building is gonna be a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. At least they'll have plenty of parking...

Yah, if you haven't been by there lately, they have most of the skeleton done and are starting to work on the exterior. It's bigger than I thought it was going to be too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived