City Walk

vdogg

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

From what I can gather from my source, the developers of City Walk have been speaking with the owners of the old Kroger store and has even offered above value for the property but the owner is holding out. <_< . Let's hope they can somehow make an agreement. I would hate to see this small parcel turn into another strip like the Pizza Hut turned into. :cry:

From what I can gather from my source, the developers of City Walk have been speaking with the owners of the old Kroger store and has even offered above value for the property but the owner is holding out. <_< . Let's hope they can somehow make an agreement. I would hate to see this small parcel turn into another strip like the Pizza Hut turned into. :cry:

What the hell are they holding out for then? The property sits vacant and abandoned. Who else could they be talking too? They must be getting other serious inquiries, I can't imagine someone holding out to simply stifle development. Whatever the outcome of this is, it is not likely to do too much damage to the city walk project as a whole. That is a very small parcel in the grand scheme of things. Btw, who are the current owners of the Kroger property?

What the hell are they holding out for then? The property sits vacant and abandoned. Who else could they be talking too? They must be getting other serious inquiries, I can't imagine someone holding out to simply stifle development. Whatever the outcome of this is, it is not likely to do too much damage to the city walk project as a whole. That is a very small parcel in the grand scheme of things. Btw, who are the current owners of the Kroger property?

I guess its all about the greenbacks. The owners of City Walk are the Sandlers (as in PAC Sandlers) but I don't know who owns the Kroger.. but Nausbaum is marketing the property.

Same reason the owners of those warehouses are holding out at Fort Norfolk. Money. They see a high demand and are going to get every penny they can milk out of that property.

The only thing I can say is that they can hold out too long and get screwed. If enough developers come knocking and they never sell, that would be grounds for the eminent domain tactic. In this case I would be correct to use this because these property owners are stifling develpment. I could understand if there was only one developer but I can garuntee that more than a few have come knocking.

• 1 month later...

I have a little tidbit of passing info here. Not much, but every morsel is intriguing...

I was a Freight Liquidators in Pembroke Mall this evening buying a bookshelf and I asked the manager, "What's up with the rumors of Target coming here?" He said, "It's a fact. It's in the works, but we've been hearing it for a few years now." He said, we're not going to close down if Target comes, we'll just move. They have been talking to Divaris about getting space in City Walk. He said that they will spend more money in sprucing up the place, making it look nicer in the interior, but that they will get more business there then here. When Target comes, they'll just move :)

...and that was about the extent of my conversation at the register.

:good:

Later,

Metalman

• 1 month later...

No offense to anyone here, but why is a Target so important to have? Isn't that just another suburban box store? In my opinion it is just a high end Wal-Mart.

Yes and no. They have an urban version of a target store that is designed to fit in more with town centers/downtowns, and that is what we hope to get in one of these projects. That remains to be seen however and will likely be coming in the form of a big box store at Pembroke mall.

• 1 month later...

Ladies and gentlemen, the UP news service brings you:

City Walk

cityWalk.jpg

Property Description:

a mixed-use Main Street development comprising retail on two levels with high-rise residential parking garage and a hotel in a street format.

378,100 SF of retail and restaurant space, 25 townhomes, 436 condominium units, 192-room hotel

No rate is quoted -- each transaction is quoted on its merits and circumstances in terms of size, tenant credit, TIA, term, etc.

Location Description:

Bounded by Virginia Beach Boulevard, Kellam Road, Columbus Street and Independence Boulevard in Virginia Beach s Central Busines District at Pembroke. Eleven miles from Downtown Norfolk and 11 miles from the oceanfront. Adjacent to The Town Center of Virginia Beach and Pembroke Mall.

Located in Virginia Beach s central business district at Pembroke, a few steps from The Town Center of Virginia Beach. Area retailers include: P.F. Chang s, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth s Chris Steak House, Dick s Sporting Goods, Ann Taylor Loft, California Pizza Kitchen, Red Star Tavern, Stanley Adams Stationery, Bravo! Cucina Italiana, Funny Bone Comedy Club, Sonoma Wine Store, The Mens Wearhouse, Barnes & Noble, Columbus Movies, Bed Bath & Beyond and Planet Music.

Zoning Description:

CBD

Additional Types: Restaurant No. Stories: 2

Neighborhood Center Cross Streets: Virginia Beach Blvd and Kellam Rd

Highlights

When I first tried to download the rendering my computer crashed on me. I wanted to cry and it seemed like it took forever for this thing to boot back up. I am absolutely stunned by this project. Even though these seem to be preliminary conceptual renderings you can tell by the height and the # of units in the description these suckers are going to be tall. :D

It is so .. urbanish and has a cosmopolitan look with the high rises with vegation trailing down the sides of it surrounding the retail. If is looks anything like this it will be awesome. BTW, I just sent an email so hoping to hear back soon.

It is so .. urbanish and has a cosmopolitan look with the high rises with vegation trailing down the sides of it surrounding the retail. If is looks anything like this it will be awesome. BTW, I just sent an email so hoping to hear back soon.

It looks like they carted off a section of south beach. I mean, this is not the type of stuff we get here it looks like something you'd see in far larger cities. I can't wait to see refined renderings and get actual floor counts. Also, originally they were only planning on 350 condo units, now they're stating 436. The demand for the Westin

must've made them a bit bullish on Va. Beachs market. :)

When trying to figure population I wonder how many people would live in 436 units?

Well, empty nesters and young couples without children mostly so your looking at about 2 people per unit or roughly 972 people.

Archived