City Walk

vdogg

This is awesome! Do you kno when construction is going to start?

Well, looking at the site I think I saw 2007 somewhere. I know from earlier information that this will have 2-3 phases. My guess would be that the hotel and some condos along with retail will come first. I say that because with the real estate market cooling they may take a bit of a measured approach with this one.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drats, 1 upped again <_<:lol:

15-20 stories possibly if they make a basically even split in units between the 2 towers.

edit: actually looking again, the one on the right could hit upper 20's to around 30.

The towers look 15 and 20 stories-ish to me.

78C43E8B-DE29-483D-AA57-97E6C66D0C86_or.jpg

I wouldn't start guessing at a number of floors just yet because 1) there is no serious information to back it up and 2) the renderings are not clear at all in order to give any hint of hight... If you look at the map of the area where it gives the three floors and what not, the building in the upper left corner seems to stop at the second floor... Yet, it is just as high as the ones around it, or so it seems...

I just don't want anyone getting their hopes up too high yet :)

My original email from a credible source does say 450 residences in two towers and a midrise block so there should definitely be some height to these buildings.

Yeah, actually another member posted that it would probably be one 15 story and 1 20 story. That may or may not have changed but they will definately be highrises obviously. I guess the hotel portion is probably the midrise building? :unsure:

If you look at the map of the area where it gives the three floors and what not, the building in the upper left corner seems to stop at the second floor... Yet, it is just as high as the ones around it, or so it seems...

I just don't want anyone getting their hopes up too high yet :)

The map is only dealing with the retail portion, not what's above it, that's why it stopped on that floor. It appears that they're only advertising for the retail portion at this time. Once they start advertising for the residential we'll probably start hearing some heights thrown about.

Well, empty nesters and young couples without children mostly so your looking at about 2 people per unit or roughly 972 people.

edit: faulty math. That should be 872 people. That's still a decent amount.

WOW! This is awesome.

This is an aside----Just recently people have been talking about how they never show a rendering of the PAC that faces Indi. Well, did you notice they did it to us again. They show every other property in TC, (even the Westin), but they just happen to exclude the PAC...hmm.

Back to City Walk...

Wow! this is awesome.

WOW! This is awesome.

This is an aside----Just recently people have been talking about how they never show a rendering of the PAC that faces Indi. Well, did you notice they did it to us again. They show every other property in TC, (even the Westin), but they just happen to exclude the PAC...hmm.

Back to City Walk...

Wow! this is awesome.

omg, i didnt realize where kellam road was until now. isnt that where the "urban" walmart is going to be? I really hope divaras can somehow find a way to get a hold of that site and get ride of that walmart idea somehow. It would be a shame to have city walk right by such a thing.

omg, i didnt realize where kellam road was until now. isnt that where the "urban" walmart is going to be? I really hope divaras can somehow find a way to get a hold of that site and get ride of that walmart idea somehow. It would be a shame to have city walk right by such a thing.

Honestly, with city walk right there on that side of Walmart it looks like we'll be pretty well shielded form that massive garage from the approach on all the major thoroughfares. It almost looks like the garage was designed with exactly that in mind. I guess they figured if they can't get rid of Walmart they'll at least try to hide as much of it as possible. :lol:

WOW! This is awesome.

And the best thing about it, the 2nd office tower and midrise and Westin should all be complete before this opens. With this on the other side of independence to compliment it dare I say That Va. Beach will have, gasp...a skyline? :shok: The view from 264 will be quite impressive. :alc:

This is the architects webpage Mulvanny. Nothing on city walk but their designs are fantastic and this should give us and idea of what to expect.

WOW that architect really does have some AWESOME designs... I kind of hope those two buildings come out looking like the all glass curved ones they have designed in the past; definately modern looking!

I received an email today. The tenant mixed is being worked out and it may be 3 mos or so until a final rendering is available. Sounds like things may be on target then. :yahoo:

Whoa, that's quite a change. So we can definately expect construction to start by next year at the latest. I wonder why they moved everything up so far. The last time we talked to them didn't they say everything was on hold till 08 or something like that. Not complaining whatsoever though, this is very good news. :)

Yes!! They have a website up. :yahoo: Go here

and in the upper right hand corner click on the red f that says "view property website". Nothing new mentioned that we haven't seen and it's pretty barbones for now but I imagine they'll be adding a lot more later. Man they are really moving on all cylinders on this one. :)

Out of 381k sq feet for retail they only have less than 86k sq feet.

I guess that's why they pushed the time up a bit. I think we may have misunderstood them when they said 2008. Maybe they were saying it would be completed by 2008 or all phases would be under construction by 2008. I can't wait for them to spit out what retail they have in store. They must have some pretty big names to be selling out like that.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been mentioned time and time again that Saks execs have toured and are scouting TC as an expansion site for a Parisian store. Unless Armada Hoffler has a trick up its sleeve there doesn't seem to be any large enough retail space for a department store.

Looking at the site plans for City Walk, there's a 3-story block labeled Retail E with 205,000 sqft of space. Could this be a department store site possibly for Parisian?

Ok, now my response is in the right thread.

Archived