City Walk

vdogg

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hannaford is History!

Kinda sad actually...my father worked there ever since we moved here, until it became Kroger. I knew almost every inch of that store. But I can't wait for City Walk, and it was ugly anyway, so I'm not really so sad to see it go. :D

Kinda sad actually...my father worked there ever since we moved here, until it became Kroger. I knew almost every inch of that store. But I can't wait for City Walk, and it was ugly anyway, so I'm not really so sad to see it go. :D

There's still debate of whether this is connected to City Walk or not. The demolition of Heavenly Ham is definately connected to City Walk and for both sides to be demolished simultaneously is uncanny so i'm think there is some connection. They were trying to get Mr. Sifen to develop his property in a manner that matched City Walk, with a multistory building and a parking garage, but he refiled plans for a strip center in March. Here's hoping that the simultaneous demos are a sign that he came back to the table and the developers are working in concert to develop their properties. :alc:

There's still debate of whether this is connected to City Walk or not. The demolition of Heavenly Ham is definately connected to City Walk and for both sides to be demolished simultaneously is uncanny so i'm think there is some connection. They were trying to get Mr. Sifen to develop his property in a manner that matched City Walk, with a multistory building and a parking garage, but he refiled plans for a strip center in March. Here's hoping that the simultaneous demos are a sign that he came back to the table and the developers are working in concert to develop their properties. :alc:

yeah, I forgot about that, but I'm still excited about City Walk nevertheless

• 3 weeks later...

There is now a sign on the city walk property that says "coming soon: Town Square, retail stores for lease" It is a divaris real estate sign. Have they changed the name back again or is this just an old sign that I never noticed? :huh:

Vdogg, the "Coming Soon" sign is old. I've seen it there for quite a while.

Urbanvb-What do you mean your speculating. Did you seen trucks move in and out if the site? What's TJ?

TJ as in Trader Joes. I can't confirm for sure one is coming but I believe this may be correct.

• 1 month later...

Bad news. I inquired as to when construction may begin for this project but was told no definite date can be given at this time. <_<

That's about normal actually. We never had a specific start date for the Westin either as I recall. It just narrowed down to around the end of summer. We're definately not gonna see anything happen till 07, which I was expecting. Keep in mind also that construction and demolition are 2 very different things (i.e. Granby). They can shut down office max and have the land cleared long before the first pile is driven.

That's about normal actually. We never had a specific start date for the Westin either as I recall. It just narrowed down to around the end of summer. We're definately not gonna see anything happen till 07, which I was expecting. Keep in mind also that construction and demolition are 2 very different things (i.e. Granby). They can shut down office max and have the land cleared long before the first pile is driven.

Maybe Office Max is what is slowing it down. When is their lease up?

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Mulvanny's website has been changed and updated to include our very own CITY WALK!

Notice a few changes-

-The Hannifords block has been added to the development!

-A street between Hannifords and Fuddruckers connecting to Indipendents with a beige color and a pedestrian walk (looks street level) across Indi with flags and water fountain

-The back side of Fuddruckers on our 'new' street has some retail boardering the block.

Groundbreaking with beginning within the next three months!

Check out the new site and new model renderings, and height comparisions. It looks like we might have towers around 28, 25, 18 floors (Guesstimate)

enjoy!

http://www.mulvannyg2.com/en-us/Show/Portfolio.aspx Click "On the Boards", thumbnail- bottom row second from the right

WooHOO :yahoo:

Metalman

Even more. If you squint you can make out the long-awaited grocery store on the Blvd: Whole Foods. Also, Office Max appears to be staying put, taking a space across from Whole Foods. I can't tell what it says on the parcel at the corner of Columbus and Kellam. But looks like the rest of the retail just says Retail.

This is a great find, Metalman! Vdogg will be excited to see this. Hoobo, you have great eyesite as I am having difficulty making out any type of wording on the renderings. I emailed Mulvanny just now to see if larger renderings may be available. Has anyone heard of Mulvanny before or know of their work? They look to be an impressive company. Their website says they are among the top 20 in the US. Most definitely impressive.

Archived