Columbus Park Crossing

ATLman1

Since Columbus Park Crossing is undergoing major development right now, I thought I would make a seperate section for all of the new development. Here are some of the new developments:

1) Kohl's has announced that it will build a store in the new section that is being developed. The store will be ready by October 2006.

2) A Wal-Mart Supercenter and a Sam's Club will be built adjacent to Kohl's. Construction is set for early next year.

3) Hilton Homewood Suites is locating next to the new BMW and Acura dealership that is being developed.

4) TGI Friday's will open Dec. 5th. Movie Stop has also opened.

5) Big 10 Tires is set to open early next year.

6) Verizon Wireless is building a new store.

7) Starbucks is building a new store.

8) Additional 350,000 sq. ft. is planned next to Kohl's with restaurant and retail area.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a lot of suburbia is coming to Columbus.

Columbus Park is really in the middle of the city. A lot is happening in the suburbs though. The suburb of Midland (east Columbus) is really blowing up. A Wal-Mart Supercenter and 100,000 sq. ft of retail/restaurants are planned. Also, a 300,000 sq ft. retail center and a 160,000 sq. ft retail center are planned in the area. Nothing has been finalized, but there is a good chance that all of these projects will happen. Also, their are numerous subdivisions going in everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The newest addition at Columbus Park Crossing will be a 91-room extended stay, residential style hotel. The new hotel is Homewood Suites by Hilton. The property will sit directly across the street from the new Acura/BMW dealership on Whittlesley Boulevard.. Owners of the Prestige Group are investing 15-million dollars, adding around 65 new jobs. The hope is to create a luxury place for out-of-towners to stay. The hotel is expected to open in 2007.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was at the Movie Stop across the street and asked the Manager. He says he is sure about Dick's and a restaurant going in over there. He didn't know which restaurant though.

It is official that Dicks's Sporting Goods is going in near Kohl's. The restaurant is a Red Robin and is being built in front of Kohl's. Red Robin is like an Applebees or Fuddruckers. I ate at the Red Robin in Newnan not long ago and it was great. Fuddruckers will be open by October I heard. It is located at The Landings. Another restaurant that is going in is Jerry's Curb Service. It is a new chain based out of Bridgewater, PA. The Columbus location will be the company's third. Anyone heard any other announcements for the Columbus Park area?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice article from the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer on Columbus Park's growth Columbus Park Boom!.

Anybody have any idea what's being built next to HHGregg in columbus Crossing? I was driving by today and noticed at least 15 bulldozers lined up and some sewer pipes as well. I know there was supposed to be an announcement of some new development there.

Anybody have any idea what's being built next to HHGregg in columbus Crossing? I was driving by today and noticed at least 15 bulldozers lined up and some sewer pipes as well. I know there was supposed to be an announcement of some new development there.

I am not sure. I was in Columbus this weekend, and I noticed all of the construction equipment as well. I hope it is something big! I'll try to find out soon.

The store next to HHGregg will be an Ashley Furniture Homestore. It will employ 60 people. Also, The Jordan Company will make an announcement of another large retailer that will locate next to the new Ashley Furniture Homestore. This retailer is currently not in the Columbus market.

Here is a rundown on what is currently under construction:

Retail:

1) Dick's Sporting Goods

2) Petco

3) T.J. Maxx

4) Kohl's (just opened)

5) Kirkland's

6) Wal-Mart Supercenter

7) Sam's Club

8) Ulta cosmetics

Restaurants:

1) Red Robin

2) Bonefish Grill

Other retail and restaurants will be announced soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The heavy equipment has moved next to TGI Fridays. On my way home from work today, I noticed they had started digging in that area. Anyone know what's going in? I wonder of Bonefish will move in that space.

That's the only place I can think of where Bonefish Grill will locate. All of the parcels in front of Kohl's have been purchased or are under construction. That strip could hold 3 or 4 more restaurants. I think we will be hearing soon about some new developments coming to that area.

• 2 months later...

Update on some hotels that are coming to the Columbus Park area:

Homewood Suites by Hilton: 91 suites on Whittlesey Boulevard, with groundbreaking expected soon.

Springhill Suites: 89-unit Marriott property just beginning construction on Whittlesey Boulevard adjacent to the Residence Inn by Marriott. Should open by the end of this year.

• 2 months later...

CPC growth still continues for sometime there has been signs up about a new strip shopping center going up at the edge of the Columbus Park area bieng developed by the Jordan company of Columbus. Well finally the earth has begun to move the construction equipment began moving land last week so hopefully well hear about some of the new tenants going into this center located at whittlesley Blvd & Moon Road

• 1 month later...

CPC growth still continues for sometime there has been signs up about a new strip shopping center going up at the edge of the Columbus Park area being developed by the Jordan company of Columbus. Well finally the earth has begun to move the construction equipment began moving land last week so hopefully well hear about some of the new tenants going into this center located at Whittlesley Blvd & Moon Road

Any news on what is coming to this development?

Columbus Park Aerial and Information

Interesting to see that a new development out there, "The Village at Columbus Park", will begin construction soon. This is a really old aerial because all of the land behind Lowe's and Winn-Dixie has been cleared. On the corner is a TGI Fridays and beside it is the new Spring Hill Suites by Marriott that is currently being built. Across from Carmike is a Red Robin, a Wachovia Bank, and Shogun Japanese Steakhouse. Columbus Community Bank is about to start construction on their branch soon which is to the left of Red Robin. To the left of Carmike is HH Gregg. To the left of HH Gregg is a new Ashley Furniture Home Store. Based on the look of the aerial, I say the picture was taken over a year ago.

Archived