Columbus Park Crossing

ATLman1

Columbus Park Aerial and Information

Interesting to see that a new development out there, "The Village at Columbus Park", will begin construction soon. This is a really old aerial because all of the land behind Lowe's and Winn-Dixie has been cleared. On the corner is a TGI Fridays and beside it is the new Spring Hill Suites by Marriott that is currently being built. Across from Carmike is a Red Robin, a Wachovia Bank, and Shogun Japanese Steakhouse. Columbus Community Bank is about to start construction on their branch soon which is to the left of Red Robin. To the left of Carmike is HH Gregg. To the left of HH Gregg is a new Ashley Furniture Home Store. Based on the look of the aerial, I say the picture was taken over a year ago.

What is the village at columbus park i've been out of town for the past month and hadn't heard anything about it.whats coming to it?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the village at columbus park i've been out of town for the past month and hadn't heard anything about it.whats coming to it?

It will be located to the left of Kohl's I believe. It won't start construction for another 6-8 months probably. There hasn't been any mention of what is coming, but it is suppose to be retail/restaurants that are new to the Columbus market. It will be more upscale I believe.

It will be located to the left of Kohl's I believe. It won't start construction for another 6-8 months probably. There hasn't been any mention of what is coming, but it is suppose to be retail/restaurants that are new to the Columbus market. It will be more upscale I believe.

A few months ago they annouced that this is where Bone Fish Grill (a new concept) will be located and didn't they say a grocery store would be there too?

A few months ago they annouced that this is where Bone Fish Grill (a new concept) will be located and didn't they say a grocery store would be there too?

You are correct, but I don't remember it saying anything about a grocery store. Hopefully it will be a new grocery store to the area.

El Carrizo and Sleep Center to build new stores next to BMW of Columbus. I saw the Coming Soon sign this morning. There is also word that Harmony Place shopping center on Airport Thruway will be undergoing a major remodel. Don't know when this project will begin though.

I think that is a total waste of the land! I had hoped to see a Land Rover or Hummer dealership go in there. Any news on the development right down the street? The land is being graded, but nothing has been done there in a few weeks.

I am really glad to hear Harmony Place being redeveloped. If it is anything like The Landings that will be great!

• 3 weeks later...

I think that is a total waste of the land! I had hoped to see a Land Rover or Hummer dealership go in there. Any news on the development right down the street? The land is being graded, but nothing has been done there in a few weeks.

I am really glad to hear Harmony Place being redeveloped. If it is anything like The Landings that will be great!

There was an article in this week's Ledger-Enquirer about Harmony Place. There is already a sign up for Cowboy's Steak House going into the old Applebee's location there. There was another article about The Landings and several new stores set to open there as well as a new building they plan in front of the Big Lots store.

There was an article in this week's Ledger-Enquirer about Harmony Place. There is already a sign up for Cowboy's Steak House going into the old Applebee's location there. There was another article about The Landings and several new stores set to open there as well as a new building they plan in front of the Big Lots store.

Welcome to the Columbus Forum! I am glad to see that area being redeveloped. Is Cowboy's a chain?

Welcome to the Columbus Forum! I am glad to see that area being redeveloped. Is Cowboy's a chain?

Not sure if Cowboy's is a chain or not. I talked with someone from Atlanta and they said it was one of their favorite restaurants (unless they mixed it up with something else).

Well CPC continues to grow Babies R' us is preparing to open next to the Toy's R Us and i've been hearing rumors that Costco & World Market have been eyeballing the Columbus Market. I think the perfect location will be the new shopping center planned next to Kohls & TJ Maxx. Also I really wish that someone will put a development of some sort up in front of the Wal-Mart there the field with the wild grass is really an eyesore

• 3 weeks later...

Ok the Technicolor street perspective looks warm and inviting but the site plan shown is not going to create that mood. It doesn't have that density. However, a good synopsis of the numbers for the area. The GA Chamber of Commerce is predicting 15% growth in the metro area by 2010. That is huge for this city.

CPC growth still continues for sometime there has been signs up about a new strip shopping center going up at the edge of the Columbus Park area bieng developed by the Jordan company of Columbus. Well finally the earth has begun to move the construction equipment began moving land last week so hopefully well hear about some of the new tenants going into this center located at whittlesley Blvd & Moon Road

Any progress at this site?

Any progress at this site?

I don't know what they are doing with it they started clearing the land out months ago and then they stopped. The land has been cleared like a development is going to go there, but now the construction equipment just sits there. I also see the took the shopping center signs down I guess their not going to develop it as of right now. However the hotel they were building not to far from there on Moon road is a Hometowne Suites its set to open shortly the hiring has begun and the construction crews are now completing the parking lot.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^^ any thoughts?

Interesting development. I had heard some time ago that an "upscale" shopping area would be announced soon for Columbus Park Crossing, but I thought it was to be built between Sam's Club and the Dick's / Kohl's strip.

What's going on with the Wyndham? The hotel in Northlake that was being built as a Ramada Inn (even had the sign up) now has a sign for Wyndham. The hotel damaged by the tornado that is to be torn down had announced it would be rebuilt as a Wyndham. What's the status of the damaged hotel?

Heard any other news of further developments in the Columbus Park Crossing main area?

Interesting development. I had heard some time ago that an "upscale" shopping area would be announced soon for Columbus Park Crossing, but I thought it was to be built between Sam's Club and the Dick's / Kohl's strip.

What's going on with the Wyndham? The hotel in Northlake that was being built as a Ramada Inn (even had the sign up) now has a sign for Wyndham. The hotel damaged by the tornado that is to be torn down had announced it would be rebuilt as a Wyndham. What's the status of the damaged hotel?

Heard any other news of further developments in the Columbus Park Crossing main area?

The hotel behind Mercedes benz of Columbus was orginally a ramada, but it lost the top 2 floors in the march tornado it was later changed to a Wyndham that is set to open shortly. The old Amerisuites on Northlake Parkway was also damaged by the tornado it was totaled out it is in the process of bieng preped to be torn down and it will become a Hyatt. However on the topic of CPC ground was broken today on Columbus Community Bank infront of the TJ Maxx & Kohls. Its a big development because its the first bank to be charted in Columbus in 18 years 95% of the banks owners live in Columbus also construction has started on a development by the allen group next to BMW of Columbus where El Carrizos and the Sleep Center will be located.

The hotel behind Mercedes benz of Columbus was orginally a ramada, but it lost the top 2 floors in the march tornado it was later changed to a Wyndham that is set to open shortly. The old Amerisuites on Northlake Parkway was also damaged by the tornado it was totaled out it is in the process of bieng preped to be torn down and it will become a Hyatt. However on the topic of CPC ground was broken today on Columbus Community Bank infront of the TJ Maxx & Kohls. Its a big development because its the first bank to be charted in Columbus in 18 years 95% of the banks owners live in Columbus also construction has started on a development by the allen group next to BMW of Columbus where El Carrizos and the Sleep Center will be located.

Have they started tearing down the AmeriSuites hotel yet or are they just going to gut it and use the structure?

• 1 month later...

They are set to tear the whole thing down and start over.

The board has been kinda quiet lately. It appears as though they are not tearing down the hotel. It looks like that tore off the roof and part of the upper floor, then rebuilt it. I guess the structural engineers changed their minds.

Also, El Carrizo's and The Sleep Center are building across the road from the new Hilton property. There is another building going up there, but so far I haven't seen a sign indicating what it will house. There was also a rumor out for a while that Bass Pro Shops might be coming, but I guess that was just a rumor. I haven't heard anything else about that since I first heard the rumor in mid-summer. I heard that Bass Pro Shops (which has stores in Atlanta, Macon and Savannah) was also looking at a location in Macon. It seems as though Columbus would also be a natural fit. Anyone else heard anything along those lines?

• 1 month later...

I had also heard the Bass was looking at a location on the River at the North Bypass crossing.

The board seems to be quiet again so I thought I'd ask a couple of questions. There are dozers and other equipment in the small space in front of Wal-Mart. Are they just installing drains and culverts or is something scheduled to be built there? If so, any idea what it is? Also, the rumor is back that bids were sent out for a building next to Ashley Furniture for Bass Pro Shops. The location near the river seems to make more sense because it would be on the main route to the Gulf, but Bass will draw wherever it is located. The website for The Village at Columbus Park Crossing, with Bonefish Grill, doesn't say anything about construction start dates. Any idea about that? I'm still waiting on two of my favorite restaurants - On the Border and Bugaboo Creek - to come to Columbus. Guess I'll be waiting a while longer.

The board seems to be quiet again so I thought I'd ask a couple of questions. There are dozers and other equipment in the small space in front of Wal-Mart. Are they just installing drains and culverts or is something scheduled to be built there? If so, any idea what it is? Also, the rumor is back that bids were sent out for a building next to Ashley Furniture for Bass Pro Shops. The location near the river seems to make more sense because it would be on the main route to the Gulf, but Bass will draw wherever it is located. The website for The Village at Columbus Park Crossing, with Bonefish Grill, doesn't say anything about construction start dates. Any idea about that? I'm still waiting on two of my favorite restaurants - On the Border and Bugaboo Creek - to come to Columbus. Guess I'll be waiting a while longer.

The piece in front of Wal-Mart will be a strip center of some sort I believe. That's according to a friend of mine. I am not sure about the start dates for the life-style center as well.

You could fit a strip center there? Crazy, not alot of land.

I went by there earlier today. It's alot of construction equipment on site. When ATLman says a strip center I believe he's refering to a small row of stores like the ones in front of the main part of CPC with store like movie stop, vitaman shoppe, moes southwest grill, jasons deli, ect... I could see something like that going there.

Archived