Columbus Park Crossing

ATLman1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like even despite the shaky economy CPC continues to thrive. I noticed this weekend that construction equipment is grading land in front of the Springhill Suites by Marriott on Whittlesley. No signs up yet as to what will go there, but i'm guessing probaly a new resturant of some type. If anyone finds out anything please let the rest of us know.

Also the small strip center is nearly completed in front of the Wal-mart, but no signs of retailers or resturants to locate there yet. Does anyone have any idea what will be locating in that plaza? I had heard Marcos pizza at one point, but I believe they'll only be operating the Whitesville Road location for now.

Also a new PUD development is nearing a construction date. The devlopment is hoping to break land maybe as soon as early 2009 on the land behind Kohls and Dicks Sporting Goods. The development will include upscale retail, upscale housing, and greenspace. All the project is waiting on now is the approval of Columbus council.

Looks like even despite the shaky economy CPC continues to thrive. I noticed this weekend that construction equipment is grading land in front of the Springhill Suites by Marriott on Whittlesley. No signs up yet as to what will go there, but i'm guessing probaly a new resturant of some type. If anyone finds out anything please let the rest of us know.

Also the small strip center is nearly completed in front of the Wal-mart, but no signs of retailers or resturants to locate there yet. Does anyone have any idea what will be locating in that plaza? I had heard Marcos pizza at one point, but I believe they'll only be operating the Whitesville Road location for now.

Also a new PUD development is nearing a construction date. The devlopment is hoping to break land maybe as soon as early 2009 on the land behind Kohls and Dicks Sporting Goods. The development will include upscale retail, upscale housing, and greenspace. All the project is waiting on now is the approval of Columbus council.

The PUD is a venture with the Adams familty (the ones who owned all that land) and the Woodruff Company. Woodruff does some quality stuff and has been a little more progressive lately. I'm hoping they do a true 'mixed' use pud and not just some garden apartments with another strip center. A true mixed-use would have residential above retail and office. They're capable of it - this is a pic of an Atlanta development -

photo4.jpg

This town desperately needs to attract developers willing to do vertical residential. Woodruff has the capability to do it...but will they?

The PUD is a venture with the Adams familty (the ones who owned all that land) and the Woodruff Company. Woodruff does some quality stuff and has been a little more progressive lately. I'm hoping they do a true 'mixed' use pud and not just some garden apartments with another strip center. A true mixed-use would have residential above retail and office. They're capable of it - this is a pic of an Atlanta development -

photo4.jpg

This town desperately needs to attract developers willing to do vertical residential. Woodruff has the capability to do it...but will they?

I develop traditional garden-style apartments. They are very easy to do compared to a high-density project that has 30+ units to the acre. Columbus is ready for high-density apartments. Something like this downtown would be great. It is all driven by land prices, rents, and construction cost. Financing is holding a lot of developers back. It will be this way for another 18-24 months. I hope Woodruff can get this thing financed.

I develop traditional garden-style apartments. They are very easy to do compared to a high-density project that has 30+ units to the acre. Columbus is ready for high-density apartments. Something like this downtown would be great. It is all driven by land prices, rents, and construction cost. Financing is holding a lot of developers back. It will be this way for another 18-24 months. I hope Woodruff can get this thing financed.

It's good to hear someone in the industry with that opinion. Understand I have nothing against garden apts. They obviously have their place and provide a needed housing option. I think there are several areas around Columbus that are ready for more urban style vertical residential apartments and maybe even condos. Midtown, the Medical district and even 2nd Ave corridor (Bibb City) area. Hopefully, some financiing money will begin to flow again soon, like you said.

• 4 weeks later...

The new business being built in front of the SPringhill suites on Whittlesley Blvd is a new Arbys resturant.

Also the first 2 tennants of the new small center infront of Wal-mart supercenter have their signs up they are Beds Direct and White Smiles America. Beds Direct was already in the lifestyle center just across the street between Circuit City & Staples. Their previous location is currently on the market. I'm pretty sure it will be filled in about a month seeing how easily Ben Carter Properties is able to attract retailers.

The new business being built in front of the SPringhill suites on Whittlesley Blvd is a new Arbys resturant.

Also the first 2 tennants of the new small center infront of Wal-mart supercenter have their signs up they are Beds Direct and White Smiles America. Beds Direct was already in the lifestyle center just across the street between Circuit City & Staples. Their previous location is currently on the market. I'm pretty sure it will be filled in about a month seeing how easily Ben Carter Properties is able to attract retailers.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzkuanBn.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is that PDF for Columbus Park Crossing or is that a new shopping center still to come? Just curious because I love Fresh Market and was dissapointed to find out Columbus did not have one. I checked their website and they do not list a store in Columbus or one coming. Did they get a different anchor or has that not been built yet? What is the deal?

Is that PDF for Columbus Park Crossing or is that a new shopping center still to come? Just curious because I love Fresh Market and was dissapointed to find out Columbus did not have one. I checked their website and they do not list a store in Columbus or one coming. Did they get a different anchor or has that not been built yet? What is the deal?

Fresh Market and Bone Fish Grill are still planned but the entire development was delayed due to the economy. Expect to see activity this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Well bad news for the giant shopping center. Circuit City will be closing its 40,000 square foot Anchor store soon. It's part of the nationwide shutdown of circuit city announced earlier today. I'm optomistic to see if Ben Carter will be able to quickly locate a new tenant quickly with the present state of the economy. The store should be closing somewhere around the first part of April. Circuit city has been in this market for more than 22 years. The real bad news is that this closure will only add to columbus' rising unemployment numbers.

Well bad news for the giant shopping center. Circuit City will be closing its 40,000 square foot Anchor store soon. It's part of the nationwide shutdown of circuit city announced earlier today. I'm optomistic to see if Ben Carter will be able to quickly locate a new tenant quickly with the present state of the economy. The store should be closing somewhere around the first part of April. Circuit city has been in this market for more than 22 years. The real bad news is that this closure will only add to columbus' rising unemployment numbers.

Are you listening to GPB?! I just heard that and posted the news in the jobs and employment thread at the top of the columbus section...

• 2 weeks later...

I had heard similar rumors about a Chik Fil-a in the CPC area as well as one near the new Wal-mart in Midland. The land inbetween the new Arbys and TGI Fridays is going to be home to a new small strip shopping center much like the one infront of Wal-mart and Sams on Whittlesley No idea on tennants yet. It's good to see how quickly the one in front of Wally world has filled up though The same company Pinnicale is suppose to build this one also.

I just can not believe how fast columbus park crossing is growing its growing like crazy so there going to be building a new small strip shopping center on the land area near the arbys fastfood restraunt and the TGi fridays thats great to hear maybe they will put a hungry howies pizza in one of the empty spots of the new small strip shopping center when ever they get it built. I also want to see a banana republic come to columbus park crossing to. And I would also love to see a ingles grocery store come to columbus to.

I just can not believe how fast columbus park crossing is growing its growing like crazy so there going to be building a new small strip shopping center on the land area near the arbys fastfood restraunt and the TGi fridays thats great to hear maybe they will put a hungry howies pizza in one of the empty spots of the new small strip shopping center when ever they get it built. I also want to see a banana republic come to columbus park crossing to. And I would also love to see a ingles grocery store come to columbus to.

I could see Banna Republic coming into the market. However, I believe that it would fit more into the village at Columbus Park which hopefully will be able to begin construction soon. BCP says its suppose to be more high end stores in the village so something like Banna Republic would fit into that center with ease.

• 2 months later...

Archived