Columbus Park Crossing

ATLman1

• 1 month later...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime I see a new post on this topic, I'm hoping when I open it that it'll be saying Bonefish is coming...

Speaking of which, does anyone know the status of that upscale center that was supposed to be built last year that would include Bonefish and I think a grocery like Fresh Market or something? Also, with the economy being like it is, has there been any more talk about Bass Pro Shops?

Speaking of which, does anyone know the status of that upscale center that was supposed to be built last year that would include Bonefish and I think a grocery like Fresh Market or something? Also, with the economy being like it is, has there been any more talk about Bass Pro Shops?

the center is no longer listed on the Ben Carter Properties web site.Bass Pro like for there stores to be atleast 2.5 hrs.apart.with one being in Macon,they might be to close together.

the center is no longer listed on the Ben Carter Properties web site.Bass Pro like for there stores to be atleast 2.5 hrs.apart.with one being in Macon,they might be to close together.

Looks like Ben Carter took all of their new development off of their website. The new addition is still happening. It is expected to begin construction in 2010.

Bonefish and Fresh Market are part of the plan along with Banana Republic and J. Crew. Economy has put a big delay on things.

Just checked Ben Carter Properties web site and "The Village" at Columbus Park Crossing is back up. The .pdf flyer with the map is still there.

When my wife and I were looking into moving to COlumbus we were most dissapointed at the lack of Fresh Market. Glad to hear that it is still planned for this market after the economy gets back on line. I wish it was a little closer to where we live in Midtown. We may just keep using Lewis Jones since they stock alot of the same brands. I thinkFresh Market is head and shoulders above Lewis Jones with regards to produce, deli, bakery and butcher stuff, but as far as the stuff on the shelves it is similar merchandise. I'm sure many more of these middle to higher end retailers/retaraunts will continue to popup as more of the BRAC/Kia people start showing up in the area.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heard a really large apartment development filed for a building permit inside Columbus Park. Any news on that?

This might be the Woodruff property that they were looking to develop, I'm not sure. I saw that someone put up a "Construction Financed by Regions Bank" on the small lot beside Kohls. Also, it looks like they've began to build out the old Guthries location and the location next to Traditions. I'll let you know when I know anything.

This might be the Woodruff property that they were looking to develop, I'm not sure. I saw that someone put up a "Construction Financed by Regions Bank" on the small lot beside Kohls. Also, it looks like they've began to build out the old Guthries location and the location next to Traditions. I'll let you know when I know anything.

Where is the lot in front of Kohl's? Is it up on the road by Red Robin?

Who is the developer and when will construction begin?

I'm not exactly sure who the developer is. From what I understand, it's either a consortium, or a new corp formed with different pieces from existing apartment developers. This scheme from Ben Carter Properties shows the "Future Residential". Also, it's either new or I never noticed it before, there seems to be a hotel or other multi-story structure behind where Kohls and Dick's and all is.

• 1 month later...

I'm not exactly sure who the developer is. From what I understand, it's either a consortium, or a new corp formed with different pieces from existing apartment developers. This scheme from Ben Carter Properties shows the "Future Residential". Also, it's either new or I never noticed it before, there seems to be a hotel or other multi-story structure behind where Kohls and Dick's and all is.

This is the work of the Adams family alone-side the Woodruff Realty group but I believe they're going under the name Hawthorn something another, if you drive down the side of Petco you can see the construction entrance and the clearing of the land.

This is the work of the Adams family alone-side the Woodruff Realty group but I believe they're going under the name Hawthorn something another, if you drive down the side of Petco you can see the construction entrance and the clearing of the land.

Any idea about the multi-story structure showing on Ben Carter Prop's concept plan?

You are thinking of Hathaway Development in Atlanta. They are the GC on the deal. I know those guys well. They do a good job.

Any idea about the multi-story structure showing on Ben Carter Prop's concept plan?

It's a hotel. All of the 3rd phase is on hold.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately yes.

Bulldozers seem to be up to something up the road from Columbus Park Crossing. Although it's not related to CPC, it's good to see construction starting again in the area. Go up Veteran's Parkway about a mile or so from CPC. Across the road from the new Mongo's Restaurant (Mongolian Fire Pit) - a fabulous restaurant by the way - it seems that land clearing has begun. It's at the intersection of Veteran's Parkway and Williams Road. Anyone have any idea what's going there? At one time, before the economy tanked, there was discussion about another box pharmacy. Since Rite Aid and CVS already have a presence in the CPC area, could this be a Walgreen's or something entirely different?

Bulldozers seem to be up to something up the road from Columbus Park Crossing. Although it's not related to CPC, it's good to see construction starting again in the area. Go up Veteran's Parkway about a mile or so from CPC. Across the road from the new Mongo's Restaurant (Mongolian Fire Pit) - a fabulous restaurant by the way - it seems that land clearing has begun. It's at the intersection of Veteran's Parkway and Williams Road. Anyone have any idea what's going there? At one time, before the economy tanked, there was discussion about another box pharmacy. Since Rite Aid and CVS already have a presence in the CPC area, could this be a Walgreen's or something entirely different?

Is this the corner across Williams from Gordon & Associates?

Is this the corner across Williams from Gordon & Associates?

Actually, the site is at the intersection of Williams Road and Veteran's Parkway and runs south along Veteran's to the center anchored by Gold's Gym. We were at Mongo's restaurant the other Saturday night (it's across Veteran's Parkway from the site) and bulldozers were working after dark. I think the only sign on the site is advertising out-parcels.

Actually, the site is at the intersection of Williams Road and Veteran's Parkway and runs south along Veteran's to the center anchored by Gold's Gym. We were at Mongo's restaurant the other Saturday night (it's across Veteran's Parkway from the site) and bulldozers were working after dark. I think the only sign on the site is advertising out-parcels.

Wait, so am I crazy, or isn't Gordon across Williams Rd from that site? The other corner's a gas station, right?

Wait, so am I crazy, or isn't Gordon across Williams Rd from that site? The other corner's a gas station, right?

If Gordon and Associates is where I think it is, at the red light across from the Sewing Center and Gold's Gym, the next intersection is Williams Road. Across the road from the construction site is a gas station, an animal hospital, a small strip shopping center with Dixie Outfitters and Mongo's and beside that and sitting back from the road is a very large day care center.

• 2 weeks later...

If Gordon and Associates is where I think it is, at the red light across from the Sewing Center and Gold's Gym, the next intersection is Williams Road. Across the road from the construction site is a gas station, an animal hospital, a small strip shopping center with Dixie Outfitters and Mongo's and beside that and sitting back from the road is a very large day care center.

Gordon is on Williams Rd, not on the corner, there's some doc and a box (Ace, or something) on the corner of Williams and Veterans, but right next to that. The building faces south, across Williams rd to a piece of property that's been on the market for a few years.

• 3 months later...

Archived