Columbus Park Crossing

ATLman1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was in Sundays Columbus Ledger in the explore section. CPC had a large advertisment on page 2 and it said major retialers and had Haverty's coming soon.

Yes, it's true. I'll post up some plans later, construction bids are being taken now.

Finally some great development news for CPC. A new retailer is coming Havertys will be opening soon in the center. Not sure where yet but I'm guessing the old Circuit city building

Is there enough furniture demand for both Ashley and Haverty's in the same strip?

Is there enough furniture demand for both Ashley and Haverty's in the same strip?

Not sure but think that each appeals to a different clientele. Haverty's more affluent/highend buyers than Ashley. Consider Lexus/Toyota as an example. But then there is no Lexus dealership here, so not sure whether Haverty's a good fit for this market. Supposedly Lexus not here because of demographics (too young/low wage) and that not expected to change with BRAC. But then have to suppose Haverty's has taken demographics into consideration. Will be interesting to see how it works out. Maybe this a is sign of more upscale commercial/retail to come -- like Lexus, Whole Foods, Bass Pro, etc.

Not sure but think that each appeals to a different clientele. Haverty's more affluent/highend buyers than Ashley. Consider Lexus/Toyota as an example. But then there is no Lexus dealership here, so not sure whether Haverty's a good fit for this market. Supposedly Lexus not here because of demographics (too young/low wage) and that not expected to change with BRAC. But then have to suppose Haverty's has taken demographics into consideration. Will be interesting to see how it works out. Maybe this a is sign of more upscale commercial/retail to come -- like Lexus, Whole Foods, Bass Pro, etc.

The lack of a Lexus dealership has always been a problem and I've heard the demographics argument before. There's another argument that says Lexus cannot meet the needs of their dealers now. I heard that Tallahassee, FL has no Lexus dealership either. In my subdivision in north Columbus, a considerable number of the driveways have Mercedes and Lexus vehicles parked in them. By the way, there is a Fresh Foods Market opening this summer, but not at Columbus Park. They are spending approximately $1.5 million remodeling the old Goody's big box store in Bradley Park. It's in the strip with Target, PetSmart, Hibbett Sports and Michaels.

The lack of a Lexus dealership has always been a problem and I've heard the demographics argument before. There's another argument that says Lexus cannot meet the needs of their dealers now. I heard that Tallahassee, FL has no Lexus dealership either. In my subdivision in north Columbus, a considerable number of the driveways have Mercedes and Lexus vehicles parked in them. By the way, there is a Fresh Foods Market opening this summer, but not at Columbus Park. They are spending approximately $1.5 million remodeling the old Goody's big box store in Bradley Park. It's in the strip with Target, PetSmart, Hibbett Sports and Michaels.

I find it odd that Columbus doesn't have a Lexus dealership or a Fresh Market and Macon has both.

I find it odd that Columbus doesn't have a Lexus dealership or a Fresh Market and Macon has both.

I have heard that the owner of Jay Auto Mall has inquired about getting one in the past. There is no reason why Columbus shouldn't have one. If Macon, a market much smaller than Columbus, can have one, Columbus definitely could have one.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's true. I'll post up some plans later, construction bids are being taken now.

In their quarterly conference call with investors and follow-up interview, President and CEO Clarence Smith noted that the company has signed a lease on a former Circuit City location in Columbus, Ga., for a roughly 30,000-square-foot showroom. Havertys expects to open in the new market in the fourth quarter.

Smith said Columbus is “a great fit for our distribution footprint and it is one of the markets in the region which is expected to grow in the coming year.”

• 1 month later...

I drove through CPC yesterday and noticed a line of bulldozers and other equipment in the vacant lot adjacent to Ashley Home Furnishings. I haven't seen any announcements for the plot. Anyone have any idea of what is going there?

Is it across the road from Ashley Furniture or between Ashley Furniture and the Acura dealership?

It's next door to Ashley Furniture between it and the Acura dealership. It doesn't look as though all the space is being used. As for the area across the road (Whittlesey) hidden behind the fence, I think Ben Carter still has that on their web site as a future upscale shopping area with places like Banana Republic, Bonefish Grill, and one of the fresh food markets. Since they announced that a few years ago, Fresh Markey opened recently in the Bradley Park area. Also, although it's not part of Columbus Park, a PUD costing $90+ million was announced last week for the area north of Williams Road along Veteran's Parkway. It's supposed to consist of about 600 single family homes, several hundred apartments and townhouses as well as retail, hotel, restaurant, and office space. This is the second time this project has been announced. It, like the upscale center at CPC, were derailed at least temporarily by the economy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hobby lobby is building a new store in Columbus Park Crossing next to the Ashley Furniture the bad thing is that it will cause a large empty store front on Airport Thruway. I think the former Airport Thruway location will be a great spot for a Burlington Coat Factory. Plus the store is a great fit for this market.

Hobby lobby is building a new store in Columbus Park Crossing next to the Ashley Furniture the bad thing is that it will cause a large empty store front on Airport Thruway. I think the former Airport Thruway location will be a great spot for a Burlington Coat Factory. Plus the store is a great fit for this market.

Couldnt agree more. Burlington would fit great there. I inquired to the developers at Cross Country Plaza about converting the Publix there into one when they build the new one and they are interested in Burlington.

• 2 months later...

Couldnt agree more. Burlington would fit great there. I inquired to the developers at Cross Country Plaza about converting the Publix there into one when they build the new one and they are interested in Burlington.

I hear there will be an announcement soon for a Burlington somewhere in Columbus.

Archived