Columbus Park Crossing

ATLman1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know exactly where. I think there's more than one location under consideration. But I can't think of too many places that are available that meet their size needs.

I would guess they would look at the soon to be old Hobby Lobby, soon to be old Publix on Macon Rd. That's the only big "good" locations that I know of.

I had heard from some people that Bass Pro Shop was looking to locate somewhere around the Phenix City side of the river on Riverchase Dr. I think that's a great idea, nothing really around there BUT it's in Alabama, by Georgia and close enough for people to travel from Auburn that would normally go to their Prattville location.

I would guess they would look at the soon to be old Hobby Lobby, soon to be old Publix on Macon Rd. That's the only big "good" locations that I know of.

I had heard from some people that Bass Pro Shop was looking to locate somewhere around the Phenix City side of the river on Riverchase Dr. I think that's a great idea, nothing really around there BUT it's in Alabama, by Georgia and close enough for people to travel from Auburn that would normally go to their Prattville location.

Alabama does have a mechanism where developers can share in generated sales tax to subsidize development costs. Georgia does too, but Columbus voted against the capability a few years ago. Bass does require a pretty hefty local subsidy. From what I understand by the Cross Country owner, the old Publix location is too small for Burlington.

Bass usually requires a huge local commitment - $25 million nighborhood. But one on river at the North Bypass would be awesome.

Any other rumors about Bass Pro Shop coming to Columbus. The last time I looked at their web site, they had a "coming soon" notice for Augusta, but that one has been delayed for a couple of years. There was a huge development scheduled there for River Watch Parkway, but the last time I was in Augusta, nothing was going on at the site. Looks like it was delayed by the economy.

Also, I noticed a building permit was issued for a new hotel on Whittlesey. Anybody know what the brand is and where it's going? The best sites would seem to be across from the Hilton property near the BMW dealership or up near the lonely Arby's across from Sam's Club.

Any other rumors about Bass Pro Shop coming to Columbus. The last time I looked at their web site, they had a "coming soon" notice for Augusta, but that one has been delayed for a couple of years. There was a huge development scheduled there for River Watch Parkway, but the last time I was in Augusta, nothing was going on at the site. Looks like it was delayed by the economy.

Also, I noticed a building permit was issued for a new hotel on Whittlesey. Anybody know what the brand is and where it's going? The best sites would seem to be across from the Hilton property near the BMW dealership or up near the lonely Arby's across from Sam's Club.

Saw that too. Haven't heard what chain, but it looks like it will be down by the hotel near the BMW dealership.

Unlike other retailers, Bass Pro usually gets large tax incentives to come into a market - see the following news stories -

- MSNBC - Should Bass, Retailers get incentives

- Beaufort rejects incentives plan for Bass

- Tampa Bay Online

- Bass Incentives Bad Deals

The AJC reported that Chick-fil-a has plans for a new store in Columbus, but didn't say where...

I already posted this somewhere on UrbanPlanet, must of been in another thread. Chick-fil-A is going in the "The Market at Beaver Run" that Woodruff promises to build. They just closed on the land a few days ago and will begin building at the corner of J.R. Allen Parkway and the service entrance road (a.k.a. Flat Road Rd) by Circle K.

I already posted this somewhere on UrbanPlanet, must of been in another thread. Chick-fil-A is going in the "The Market at Beaver Run" that Woodruff promises to build. They just closed on the land a few days ago and will begin building at the corner of J.R. Allen Parkway and the service entrance road (a.k.a. Flat Road Rd) by Circle K.

That makes sense. I do kinda remember something about you posting that now... thanks. Wonder why is hasn't popped up in local news yet...

That makes sense. I do kinda remember something about you posting that now... thanks. Wonder why is hasn't popped up in local news yet...

Spoke too soon, they reported today that the founder of Chick-fil-A's grandson will be running this store in Columbus! I wonder why it chose this one? Maybe because the one on Bradley Park is going of the highest grossing stores in Georgia.

Spoke too soon, they reported today that the founder of Chick-fil-A's grandson will be running this store in Columbus! I wonder why it chose this one? Maybe because the one on Bradley Park is going of the highest grossing stores in Georgia.

Hmmmm... maybe the Ledger read our news. I have been frustrated lately with the CLE. I regularly read news about Columbus on media outside the city that's not ever reported locally.

• 2 weeks later...

The field being cleared next to the starbucks on Veterans parkway is going to be a new Bonefish Grill resturant. I had originally heard that the location was suppose to go into a new center next to Kohls and TJ Maxx, but i guess they got tired of waiting and are ready to enter the market. This is great news. They should be open by this summer. Now if we can only land a Joes Crab Shack here i'll be super happy.

The field being cleared next to the starbucks on Veterans parkway is going to be a new Bonefish Grill resturant. I had originally heard that the location was suppose to go into a new center next to Kohls and TJ Maxx, but i guess they got tired of waiting and are ready to enter the market. This is great news. They should be open by this summer. Now if we can only land a Joes Crab Shack here i'll be super happy.

Excellent news!

This is wonderful news. I've e-mailed them about once a quarter begging them to come. I love the Bang Bang Shrimp.

This is wonderful news. I've e-mailed them about once a quarter begging them to come. I love the Bang Bang Shrimp.

I agree, A Joes Crab Shack would be good. So would an Up the Creek. A Papadeaux's would be awesome, if we're on a seafood theme.

Hathaway Construction Services, Inc. commenced construction on Phase II of The Preserve at Columbus Park, a $4,490,000, 76 unit addition to the Class A apartment community.

Phase II of the project will consist of 76 market rate apartment units, adding 3 buildings to the existing 224 units constructed in Phase I, which was completed in the 3rd quarter of 2010. Phase II is expected to be completed in the fall of 2011 and leasing will commence shortly thereafter.

A second Longhorn's is going up in the CPC area. It will be located next to TGI Friday's.

You beat the Ledger by 4 days. Good work!

You beat the Ledger by 4 days. Good work!

The Ledger reported earlier this week that Longhorns is planning another restaurant on the north side, but I don't remember if they specified the exact location. It seems like I heard it was going across from Sam's Club between the lonely Arby's and TGIFridays, but I'm not sure. Anybody else heard anything more specific? Also, will this be a second restaurant or will they close the one off Macon Road?

The Ledger reported earlier this week that Longhorns is planning another restaurant on the north side, but I don't remember if they specified the exact location. It seems like I heard it was going across from Sam's Club between the lonely Arby's and TGIFridays, but I'm not sure. Anybody else heard anything more specific? Also, will this be a second restaurant or will they close the one off Macon Road?

It will be a 2nd location for them, and it will be located next to TGI Fridays. Once on Macon Rd. will remain open.

Very interesting.

Some plans came across my desk today for the Bonefish Grill and in the title section it's listed at "The Shoppes at Adam's Farms" -- it shows 3 buildings, 1 bonefish, 1 verizon (8,000 sqft?), and 1 retail space available on the end.

Archived