Shelburne Plaza

georgeglass

This was origianlly in the Lexington Herald Leader on 11/18/2005. The current link is from another site though. Shelburne Plaza received a zone change approval allowing a height adjustment to 89 feet which exceeded the previous limit of 65. In addition, there will be over 700 parking spaces, I believe 80,000 sq. ft. of retail, and over 200 units.

http://www.reis.com/subscriptions/national...05&id=329007377

Edit: This was edited to conform to the board rules, the text is george's.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are some renderings of this project.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/geor...s/shelburne.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/geor...ss/building.jpg

I can't find a lot of renderings for this, but the smaller image reminds me of a 60's dorm complex. It doesn't look that exciting. I am all for this project, but I hope it has some visual interest and isn't a bunch of boxes.

Huh. I agree with you george it does look really early 1960ish and does reminds me of dorms as well. It does sound like a good project though, and I too hope it looks better upon completion.

Thanks for the renderings! :D

It doesn't look that bad, but I suppose that more detail will be put into the final project.

Is this at the intersection of S. Broadway and Bolvar?

It doesn't look that bad, but I suppose that more detail will be put into the final project.

Is this at the intersection of S. Broadway and Bolvar?

Yes it is. They are doing work clearing the land right now, but I am not sure if that has to do with this project specifically or with the Newtown Pike extension that will bring Newtown from downtown to UK campus. The project will be along the new route of Newtown Pike.

Yes it is. They are doing work clearing the land right now, but I am not sure if that has to do with this project specifically or with the Newtown Pike extension that will bring Newtown from downtown to UK campus. The project will be along the new route of Newtown Pike.

Construction has been programmed into the KYTC six-year plan for 2008. The EIS is still being discussed. You'll see ROW and utility work beginning in 2006 at the earliest.

http://www.newtownextension.com/

Has a map with the Shelburne project shown?

Seicer, do you know what is planned for the old Scott Hotel / Boots Bar next to the train tracks and the Newtown Crossing apartments. I know a couple of years ago a guy had purchased the building and was renovating and then ran into problems with the city. Since then nothing has been happenning with the project. I had heard that it was slated to be demolished to make way for the new road, but then they were doing a study to see if it could be saved by moving the planned route. Any more info on this??

Seicer, do you know what is planned for the old Scott Hotel / Boots Bar next to the train tracks and the Newtown Crossing apartments. I know a couple of years ago a guy had purchased the building and was renovating and then ran into problems with the city. Since then nothing has been happenning with the project. I had heard that it was slated to be demolished to make way for the new road, but then they were doing a study to see if it could be saved by moving the planned route. Any more info on this??

No idea, but I have a studio class in the Reynolds building so I go by it daily. My friend just recently explored it and its still pretty much unfinished. The building is still pretty much in the same condition from when I first came here over three years ago.

From the map that was provided, it seems as if the ROW extends up to the buildings edge. Since that spur (Scott St.) will have sidewalks, I assume that the building will be saved.

In UK's 50 year plan, the building is marked as being saved, with dorms being constructed where the shotgun housing is, and on Komer's parking lot.

Archived