Fixing the bowl system

Guest donaltopablo

Guest donaltopablo

Personally, I can understand that they maybe want to limit the number of games the kids play at the college level. But I'm still in awe that they will not come up with even a limited playoff system. I think they have the right idea with taking the top 8 teams. But they should play the extra 3 games in the season to determine a national champion out of those 8 teams.

That is how I would fix the problem.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that this "problem" is just another symptom of greed and misdirected priorities. Not too long ago atheletes would have to make the grades before they could play team sports and that's the way it should be now. The ACC, Big Ten...whatever should only allow teams whose players actually meet the academic standards for enrollment to that school. Every other student lives and graduates by that standard and athletes should be no exception. It shouldn't be all about money it should be about the students and learning, with sports being secondary.

Sorry about the strong answer but it's annoying that college football has been taken over by schools who have no business giving out diplomas. Sadly, It says alot about where this countries priorities are.

Archived