Little Rock skyline pics

Yeah it's too bad more of them didn't consider being in the downtown too. Then maybe you'd have need of more skyscrapers.

There are only a couple of downtowns in the country where serious office-tower building is in vogue these days. Most are way overbuilt and the most successful downtowns are undergoing conversion to residential space with new mixed use and residential construction. Nobody wants to fight the traffic and pay that kind of a premium for office space these days.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are only a couple of downtowns in the country where serious office-tower building is in vogue these days. Most are way overbuilt and the most successful downtowns are undergoing conversion to residential space with new mixed use and residential construction. Nobody wants to fight the traffic and pay that kind of a premium for office space these days.

Yeah that's why you throw in a lot of condos too. Make it to where you can walk to work. :D

Yeah that's why you throw in a lot of condos too. Make it to where you can walk to work. :D

7-11's new headquarters in downtown Dallas's Arts District is going to have 40 stories but is mixed use with condos. Would it be good or bad to live in the building you work in? I guess it has positives and negatives.

Dallas has 30% CBD office vacancy right now (8.7 million SF) but 12 of those 30 percent are allocated for residential conversion by 2007. LR downtown office vacancy wasn't that high but will also be helped by some office to residential/mixed-use projects coming up soon.

7-11's new headquarters in downtown Dallas's Arts District is going to have 40 stories but is mixed use with condos. Would it be good or bad to live in the building you work in? I guess it has positives and negatives.

Dallas has 30% CBD office vacancy right now (8.7 million SF) but 12 of those 30 percent are allocated for residential conversion by 2007. LR downtown office vacancy wasn't that high but will also be helped by some office to residential/mixed-use projects coming up soon.

:lol: Yeah I don't know if I'd suggest living in the same building as where you work. I wouldn't mind living close but I think I'd want to be in a different building. :D How about retail in downtown Little Rock, how do you see it? Personally I like the idea of making downtown Little Rock a place where you could live, work, eat and play without having to drive or leave that area.

:lol: Yeah I don't know if I'd suggest living in the same building as where you work. I wouldn't mind living close but I think I'd want to be in a different building. :D How about retail in downtown Little Rock, how do you see it? Personally I like the idea of making downtown Little Rock a place where you could live, work, eat and play without having to drive or leave that area.

There's virtually no retail right now and man of the shops that went in the River Market area independently have been replaced by bars and restaurants. I think residential development has to be greatly increased before I would try to place retail down there and then I would like to see a mixed use shopping area somewhere on the River Market's fringe or on Main. If it happened right now it would flop, though.

There's virtually no retail right now and man of the shops that went in the River Market area independently have been replaced by bars and restaurants. I think residential development has to be greatly increased before I would try to place retail down there and then I would like to see a mixed use shopping area somewhere on the River Market's fringe or on Main. If it happened right now it would flop, though.

Maybe after some of these mixed use developments take place more retail will be able to be supported. I still like the idea of being able to do everything in a relatively compact area of the city.

Maybe after some of these mixed use developments take place more retail will be able to be supported. I still like the idea of being able to do everything in a relatively compact area of the city.

It will happen at some point, it just needs the residential to continue at its current pace.

You still need to check out Hillcrest and the Heights, those neighborhoods are fairly unique in that you can walk around and do everything you need to there.

It will happen at some point, it just needs the residential to continue at its current pace.

You still need to check out Hillcrest and the Heights, those neighborhoods are fairly unique in that you can walk around and do everything you need to there.

Yeah I'm going to try to do that next time I visit. I didn't figure it was worth trying to see in the dark when I was last there to take pics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived