Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

^Bigboyz, I will try my best to dig up some new Shreveport developments. :)

I started a development type thread for Shreveport a couple of months ago, but other than the major developments, it was hard to find good info. NW Louisiana is one of the areas that I really hope UrbanPlanet gets members from. There is alot of great stuff going on up there right now.

Driving through Shreveport and Bossier City on my Arkansas trip, I saw new office development after new office development after new office development. And further outisde of the cities residential areas and homes were popping up everywhere. :D

BTW, how much Shreveport related news do you hear about in Texarkana,(I know some areas of Texarkana get the Shreveport local news) because it would be great if you had any occasional updates on city news. :)

Yeah I saw your thread and made a post there. To answer your question Texarkana and Shreveport share a media market. Since the main station is located in Shreveport most of the news is Shreveport related. Since Texarkana is rapidly growing I think we'll either need our own news stations or have expanded coverage with the stations we already have. I was watching the news just the other night and this man shot his brother because he took the biggest piece of chicken. Fortunately his brother is alive.

Yeah. As a matter of fact it happened in the Allendale area of town.

I really hope Shreveport can get it's crime under control. It's a great mid sized city, but if crime continues to escalate in that area I don't see many good things happening. New Orleans let it's crime ruin the city in the late 60's, and as a result it became the most dangerous city in America in the 90's, and was the "murder capital of the world" in the mid 90's as well. I would hate to see Shreveport get ruined by crime.

I really hope Shreveport can get it's crime under control. It's a great mid sized city, but if crime continues to escalate in that area I don't see many good things happening. New Orleans let it's crime ruin the city in the late 60's, and as a result it became the most dangerous city in America in the 90's, and was the "murder capital of the world" in the mid 90's as well. I would hate to see Shreveport get ruined by crime.

I agree. It's a great city with lots of things going for it.

What's filming in Shreveport?

Project: "Chlorine," a movie through Mercer Films and Miranda Entertainment. Country club member becomes involved in a savings and loan scandal.

Status: Filming Oct. 29-Jan. 19. Expected to be out in fall 2006.

Stars: David Arquette, Ray Liotta and Julianna Margulies.

Project: "Road House II," a movie being filmed using crews from Louisiana Institute of Film Technology (LIFT). Nephew of Patrick Swayze's character in "Road House" has his own bar to defend.

Stars: Jake Busey.

Project: "The Guardian," a movie being distributed through Disney. A Coast Guard enlistee is helped by a renowned rescue swimmer haunted by an accident.

Status: Filming to start about Dec. 5, end in the first week of March. Will be in wide release a year from now. About half of locations are secured, but this will be an ongoing process throughout the filming.

Stars: Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner.

Project: "Thief," a television series through FX Network. The head of a robbery crew, though recently reformed, plans one final heist.

Status: Filming started Monday. Five episodes will be shot, and parts of the pilot will be reshot.

Stars: Andre Braugher.

Project: "Factory Girl," a movie through LIFT. About Andy Warhol's muse.

Stars: Sienna Miller and Guy Pierce.

Project: "Premonition," a movie through LIFT. A housewife finds her husband is dead, then wakes up the next morning to find he's alive.

Stars: Sandra Bullock.

Additional movie projects: The Shreveport-Bossier Film Office recently announced that "White Lies" (starring Darryl Hannah), "Salvation," "The Lodge," and three films by Big Bad Entertainment ("The Dark," "Quality of Mercy" and "Pilot Jack") will be filmed in the area.

Source: Times research

Though keep in mind many of these projects like "Chlorine" and the T.V. series "Thief" were supposed to be shot in New Orleans, but moved to Shreveport due to Katrina. Though "Thief" will eventually move it's production back to New Orleans.

I didn't expect to see so many projects and in just one city.

Oh you should see New Orleans sometimes! Traffic in downtown had to be practically shut down last July because four major movies and one television series were all shooting different scenes around downtown at the same time.

BTW, Pirates of the Caribbean II and Pirates of the Caribbean III are shooting in Shreveport as well.

Oh you should see New Orleans sometimes! Traffic in downtown had to be practically shut down last July because four major movies and one television series were all shooting different scenes around downtown at the same time.

BTW, Pirates of the Caribbean II and Pirates of the Caribbean III are shooting in Shreveport as well.

Those movies are filming in Shreveport? Not that I'm trying to say anything against the city, I'm just not quite sure how movies like that would find something to film in Shreveport that would fit into the movie. It's not exactly on the ocean or anything.

Those movies are filming in Shreveport? Not that I'm trying to say anything against the city, I'm just not quite sure how movies like that would find something to film in Shreveport that would fit into the movie. It's not exactly on the ocean or anything.

It's all in the special effects and filming sets. :D

It's all in the special effects and filming sets. :D

Ah, that makes more sense. Guess I didn't know they had built that kind of stuff down there already. Or in Shreveport for that matter. Nice to know they can do that kind of stuff in this region instead of Hollywood.

Providence Crossing is a new residential/commercial development to be located near the I-49/South Loop intersection in Shreveport. When finally completed, residents of Providence will be within footsteps of brand new shopping, churches and more. I think this is a great urban development for the city.

over 100 jobs? I thought I would tell you since I remember you telling me that you had family up there.

That's great to hear! :D

Most of my family in Arkansas lives in Foreman, so I'll ask them about the job creation when I get the chance.

That's great to hear! :D

Most of my family in Arkansas lives in Foreman, so I'll ask them about the job creation when I get the chance.

The name of the factory is Ash Grove Cement. The number of jobs created including construction workers will be between 600-700 jobs. There's no telling what other developments could come to the town.