Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

Logan's Roadhouse...? :angry:

You don't like Logan's Roadhouse? :lol:

I really think 2 or 3 of those "roadhouse" type restaurants are needed in that area, because as it is Roadhouse Grill has it to itself and you can never get in an out of that place quickly. At lunch they're always SO packed... I've never gotten out of there in under an hour.

Logan's Roadhouse is also one of the tenants listed for the new North Airline Drive shopping center.

Having never tried Logan's Roadhouse, though, I don't know how their food is. I do wish we had two Texas Roadhouse locations, though. I've been a fan of that place for a long time and was excited when we finally got one.

Oh, and Mudbugger... where did you find that? I don't see it on the Times website. <<--- Nevermind, I see where you said check the sign outside the site. My mistake, sorry about that!

Great. Just what we need, another steakhouse. I know we do not have one in SBC, but it's something I could live without. There is one in W Monroe, and I ate there when I lived there, but again not something I missed at all. I just want something new and different!

On that note, there are still a few things we don't know about yet. Logan's Roadhouse, while just another steakhouse, is new to this market. But maybe something "different" will go in still. I guess we'll all find out on Monday.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

SBC, I think you said you had seen a site plan for Regal Court at one time. If you did, do you recall how may pads they had for restaurants?

I looked for that site plan last night, and all I could find was the post where I showed it... but the plan was gone. Apparently I had it as an attachment on here but cleared it out to make room for others at a later date. I could kick myself for that now.

Anyway, I don't remember, but I thought there were more than 10 tenants overall. Maybe the 10 is not counting JC Penney and Kohl's? Because I thought there were about 5 restaurant pad sites and about 6 anchors? Maybe it's 5 anchors and 5 restaurants then? Either way, I do hope we get something different... something fresh and new, as Hightower says.

I looked for that site plan last night, and all I could find was the post where I showed it... but the plan was gone. Apparently I had it as an attachment on here but cleared it out to make room for others at a later date. I could kick myself for that now.

Anyway, I don't remember, but I thought there were more than 10 tenants overall. Maybe the 10 is not counting JC Penney and Kohl's? Because I thought there were about 5 restaurant pad sites and about 6 anchors? Maybe it's 5 anchors and 5 restaurants then? Either way, I do hope we get something different... something fresh and new, as Hightower says.

Hey Brian! Isee the SBC is on the grow like usual. You got any other projects that are coming to your area?

Hey Brian! Isee the SBC is on the grow like usual. You got any other projects that are coming to your area?

Good evening, Darius. Oops, it's morning now. :lol:

This Regal Court hasn't broken ground yet officially, so I'd consider it new. And the center out North Airline Drive is coming on. New subdivision development has slowed some, but the existing ones haven't stopped growing. Hopefully within the next year we'll have 2-3 more shopping centers break ground, one being at Pines/W. 70th in west Shreveport and two in the Southern Hills area of southwest Shreveport.

Nothing MAJOR aside from shopping centers, homes, and some apartments. But I'm keeping my ears open... you never know. Harrah's Louisiana Downs should have broken ground on its hotel out here near Haughton back in May but that hasn't happened. Someone I know who had a hand in that project said as far as he knows it's still in the works, so who really knows. Boardwalk still needs a hotel or two, so maybe something will be there.

But what I'm waiting for is something like Baton Rouge's RiverPlace Condominiums. I won't hold my breath, but I WILL keep my fingers crossed! :D

NIMBYism. Friggin NIMBYism.

North Bossier City, North Airline Drive. Another luxury apartment complex is planned for this stretch of road, this time the east side of Airline Drive, south of Le Oaks, according to the Bossier City/Parish MPC. Watching the local news last night I was furious at the ignorant residents of that area making a big deal out of nothing. One guy even mentioned that people could look over the fence into his yard, and he even went as far as to say that people could jump the fence and steal things. Clearly this guy has NO clue what he's talking about.

Most of the people who would call this apartment complex home will be wealthier than the people living in those houses. So go ahead, get on television and show everyone how ignorant you are, redneck! He claims that everyone bought houses out there so they could still be near the city conveniences but retain the "country" atmosphere. Well, pardon me, but aside from a few undeveloped patches (which will soon be developed, by the way,) there is nothing "country" about that area. It's suburbia, pure and simple... and it's only going to become more and more suburban as the growth continues toward Benton.

This really ticks me off, because I know that the average rent on those apartments will be equal to, or greater than, what those people are paying on their mortgages. And to the people in the apartments, who will be mostly corporate types needing a temporary place to live, it's basically throw-away money. One of our newest members here, jcasey, can probably tell these people just what we're looking at here. Living in the Stockwell Road area, I'm sure he drives right past the Stockwell Landing luxury apartments every day. I certainly don't think he looks at that complex as a haven for criminals, but rather a place for corporate types to live temporarily.

In the last few years quite a few of these luxury apartment complexes have popped up, and here are a few of these EXCELLENT properties:

Champion Lake

Riverwalk

Island Park

Canebrake

The Reserve

Cypress Pointe

Stockwell Landing

These are just the ones I can list without even giving much thought to it. These are some of the nicest residences in the entire Shreveport-Bossier metro, and they actually help to enhance property values. I just wish the residents who are crying foul would look into this a little deeper and realize that this complex can ONLY be a good thing for their area. If not this complex, it will be a retail strip or something like that. I'd much rather live next door to a luxury apartment complex than some run-of-the-mill retail strip.

Furthermore if these North Bossier residents are THAT concerned about the problem and feel it will hurt their property values, they're welcome to sell and move.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

I like the term Brian. That's a desease suffered around my area too. Is this everywhere?? Or is it just worse in Louisiana?

NIMBY'ism

The residents in their cookie-cutter subdivision were complaining about Perkins Rowe being built next to them, not realizing their property values would not diminish, but go up! And at that location they could not expect it to remain vacant forever with every thing that has been going on w/ malls, hospitals,etc. they are so naive. The PR property was zoned HC..?? It could have been a smelly meat packing plant instead, then the idiots could complain. They just don't realize that something very nice is about to enhance their property values.

Champion Lake

Riverwalk

Island Park

Canebrake

The Reserve

Cypress Pointe

Stockwell Landing

I like the names of these properties you listed, they sound cool. :thumbsup:

Edited by richyb83

I like the term Brian. That's a desease suffered around my area too. Is this everywhere?? Or is it just worse in Louisiana?

NIMBY'ism

The residents in their cookie-cutter subdivision were complaining about Perkins Rowe being built next to them, not realizing their property values would not diminish, but go up! And at that location they could not expect it to remain vacant forever with every thing that has been going on w/ malls, hospitals,etc. they are so naive. The PR property was zoned HC..?? It could have been a smelly meat packing plant instead, then the idiots could complain. They just don't realize that something very nice is about to enhance their property values.

I like the names of these properties you listed, they sound cool. :thumbsup:

No doubt it's a problem all over... it just seems like a larger problem in cities with under 500,000 residents. The larger cities are already so overdeveloped that no one blinks an eye at new developments. But when you push out into the suburbs and exurbs, everyone starts crying foul at every little project that hits the books. You can find fault with any project if you look hard enough, but then you're just looking for something to whine about.

Things like Perkins Rowe in Baton Rouge will only enhance the attractiveness of the surrounding subdivisions. There is no way that development will harm property values... it just ain't happenin! Similarly, a few years ago many South Bossier residents were crying foul over CentruyTel Center. They said if that place were built it would bring crime and traffic, and ultimately drop their property values. The only part they got right was the traffic. Traffic in that area is bad enough on a normal day, but when there are events going on at CenturyTel Center, traffic is absolutely horrendous. Solutions are being planned, and within a few years, hopefully all that will be worked out. Still, the property values in that area have continued to go UP, not down. In addition, those same people who were complaining at first are now the same people who can literally WALK down the street to see almost any major touring act they want. I don't hear them crying foul now.

NIMBYism. Friggin NIMBYism.

North Bossier City, North Airline Drive. Another luxury apartment complex is planned for this stretch of road, this time the east side of Airline Drive, south of Le Oaks, according to the Bossier City/Parish MPC. Watching the local news last night I was furious at the ignorant residents of that area making a big deal out of nothing. One guy even mentioned that people could look over the fence into his yard, and he even went as far as to say that people could jump the fence and steal things. Clearly this guy has NO clue what he's talking about.

Most of the people who would call this apartment complex home will be wealthier than the people living in those houses. So go ahead, get on television and show everyone how ignorant you are, redneck! He claims that everyone bought houses out there so they could still be near the city conveniences but retain the "country" atmosphere. Well, pardon me, but aside from a few undeveloped patches (which will soon be developed, by the way,) there is nothing "country" about that area. It's suburbia, pure and simple... and it's only going to become more and more suburban as the growth continues toward Benton.

This really ticks me off, because I know that the average rent on those apartments will be equal to, or greater than, what those people are paying on their mortgages. And to the people in the apartments, who will be mostly corporate types needing a temporary place to live, it's basically throw-away money. One of our newest members here, jcasey, can probably tell these people just what we're looking at here. Living in the Stockwell Road area, I'm sure he drives right past the Stockwell Landing luxury apartments every day. I certainly don't think he looks at that complex as a haven for criminals, but rather a place for corporate types to live temporarily.

In the last few years quite a few of these luxury apartment complexes have popped up, and here are a few of these EXCELLENT properties:

Champion Lake

Riverwalk

Island Park

Canebrake

The Reserve

Cypress Pointe

Stockwell Landing

These are just the ones I can list without even giving much thought to it. These are some of the nicest residences in the entire Shreveport-Bossier metro, and they actually help to enhance property values. I just wish the residents who are crying foul would look into this a little deeper and realize that this complex can ONLY be a good thing for their area. If not this complex, it will be a retail strip or something like that. I'd much rather live next door to a luxury apartment complex than some run-of-the-mill retail strip.

Furthermore if these North Bossier residents are THAT concerned about the problem and feel it will hurt their property values, they're welcome to sell and move.

I hate NIMBY'S.

jcasey, can probably tell these people just what we're looking at here. Living in the Stockwell Road area, I'm sure he drives right past the Stockwell Landing luxury apartments every day. I certainly don't think he looks at that complex as a haven for criminals, but rather a place for corporate types to live temporarily.

Right now I am more concerned with the Dollar General that they managed to throw up in less than 2 months across the road from Stockwell Landing. I'm not sure that anyone saw that coming. Everytime I look at it I think of the one on the corner of Swan Lake and Shed Road. Most of us know what that neighborhood looks like. I think that stores like that bring trash to our neighborhoods. I have nothing against Dollar General or the similar stores but why do I want that store in my neighborhood. To me it is an eyesore unlike a very nice luxury apartment complex. I am more than a little mad about it. These stores make it too easy for people without jobs (but government checks) to move in and survive. All they have to do is roll out of their beds and walk across the street to buy milk, bread and diapers. Anyone with me on this? :angry:

Edited by jcasey

Right now I am more concerned with the Dollar General that they managed to throw up in less than 2 months across the road from Stockwell Landing. I'm not sure that anyone saw that coming. Everytime I look at it I think of the one on the corner of Swan Lake and Shed Road. Most of us know what that neighborhood looks like. I think that stores like that bring trash to our neighborhoods. I have nothing against Dollar General or the similar stores but why do I want that store in my neighborhood. To me it is an eyesore unlike a very nice luxury apartment complex. I am more than a little mad about it. These stores make it too easy for people without jobs (but government checks) to move in and survive. All they have to do is roll out of their beds and walk across the street to buy milk, bread and diapers. Anyone with me on this? :angry:

You know, I drove down Stockwell a couple weeks ago to see if they'd made any progress on the new townhomes or the retail strip across the street. I also like to drive out to the far end of Stockwell and see what's new out there. It seems every few months or every couple of years they're extending that road. Anyway, I recall telling my wife how disappointed I was to see a Dollar General going in right there. I also have nothing against that chain... I shop at the one out here in Haughton from time to time when it's an emergency and I need something, but I don't want one right here by my house. And I can understand you not wanting one right by yours... especially right across the street from Stockwell Landing! I saw they tried to paint the Dollar General to fit in with the surroundings, like the Earth tones on the apartments. Nice touch, but you still have that black and bright yellow sign detracting from the Earth tones and surrounding landscape.

I'd be pissed too. After all the fuss over the shopping strip next to the car wash, how the HELL did a Dollar General get approved!?!?

I saw they tried to paint the Dollar General to fit in with the surroundings, like the Earth tones on the apartments. Nice touch, but you still have that black and bright yellow sign detracting from the Earth tones and surrounding landscape.

I'd be pissed too. After all the fuss over the shopping strip next to the car wash, how the HELL did a Dollar General get approved!?!?

I do have to say that nothing can detract from those gaudy bright yellow lights, especially at night. I do not know how that Dollar General got in there. I didn't even know what it was until it was almost open. Trust me, it was not advertised. The building of that retail strip began why before the Dollar General. The Dollar General has been open and they are still working on the strip. Trust me, these are professionals. They get it done so fast so nothing can be done about it.

Edited by jcasey

Yeah man, that really sucks. I know I'd be pissed if I lived over there. I'm actually mad and I don't even live over there. :lol:

I just can't believe that thing made it through...

Anyway, this is an example where NIMBYism is a good thing. So it does have its purpose. Some people just take it to extremes, like with the apartment issue.

Luxury apartments in North Bossier: bring 'em on!

Dollar General in any nice, new suburban area: Not In My Back Yard!

I wish that our cities had uniform building codes. Have you ever been to Hilton Head Island? It is hard to locate things there because they all look alike. The buildings, the colors, the signage. Nothing is standing out. Nothing is better nor worse than their surroundings. Like where those 2 dollar stores are in Haughton, they are not better or worse than their surroundings. In my neighborhood that dollar store stands out like a sore thumb. To me it is aweful.

I wish that our cities had uniform building codes. Have you ever been to Hilton Head Island? It is hard to locate things there because they all look alike. The buildings, the colors, the signage. Nothing is standing out. Nothing is better nor worse than their surroundings. Like where those 2 dollar stores are in Haughton, they are not better or worse than their surroundings. In my neighborhood that dollar store stands out like a sore thumb. To me it is aweful.

The dollar stores in Haughton look okay because they're surrounded by trailers, convenience stores, and a post office. Move down the road a bit to my neighborhood, and they will NOT look good. And they wouldn't be welcomed either.

It IS awful, and again I hate to see it on Stockwell Road. I haven't been to Hilton Head, but there are areas like around the Biltmore in Asheville, NC where the buildings have a certain classy look... and certain Chicago suburbs I've been to area also that way. I do like the idea of that.

Here it is from KTBS. No PF Changs yet, but plans for one apparently.

Kohl's, J.C. Penney, La Madeleine restaurant

Buffalo Wild Wings, Logan's Roadhouse and TGI Fridays

Long-term plans call for a P.F. Changs and Capitol Grille

a bookstore, along with a sporting goods store, have has not been named

http://www.ktbs.com/news/local/4574316.html

Edited by jcasey

I was hoping for a long list of tenants to be announced, but the ones that were announced are definitely the best. I've been to a Capitol Grille in DC and it's incredible... the food, atmosphere...very urban and sophisticated. For Shreveport to possibly get a location is impressive. I checked the website and they're only located in major metropolitan areas, and we don't even have one here in LA.

I don't know La Madeleine, but from the website it looks very nice and there are locations in major metros of Texas, Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Regarding the bookstore, considering its to be a national chain, a Barnes & Noble is already located on Youree, and the caliber of these other tenants, I think it's safe to bet that it will be a Borders. I think none of us are surprised about the PF Changs, but it's exciting none the less!