Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

I discovered in Google Earth a way to find recent aerials in the Digital Globe Coverage layer option. I found 2 aerial shots of SBC that were taken in November 2006. I stitched them together and labeled some of the major new developments over the last few years that are now visible. The detail isn't great, but you can see progress:

355083052_aba95377c7_b.jpg

That's cool! I'm always glad to hear SBC doing it big.

Cool photo Stephen!

I am looking at the ePackage from Stirling Prop about the Bossier development and it has a TJ Maxx Sign on the elevation section next to Target. On the site plan Old Navy is the tenant next to Target. Is Old Navy out? Old Navy is also not included in the list of tenants.

Stirling Bossier ePackage

On another note, I would love to see a Fuddruckers here!

Cool photo Stephen!

I am looking at the ePackage from Stirling Prop about the Bossier development and it has a TJ Maxx Sign on the elevation section next to Target. On the site plan Old Navy is the tenant next to Target. Is Old Navy out? Old Navy is also not included in the list of tenants.

Stirling Bossier ePackage

On another note, I would love to see a Fuddruckers here!

I've been wanting to see Fuddruckers here forever. Maybe enough people from this area need to email them asking if anyone has considered putting one of their restaurants in this market!! If they saw the demand, surely they'd want to come here. North Airline and South Youree would make great potential locations for one.

Oh, and I hope Old Navy hasn't been replaced with TJ Maxx. I actually think the site plan is more recent than the elevation views.

I was reading an article in the Times today about how one of the last issues of the old city council was to approve a $100,000 renovation of Lee Hedges Stadium to lure the SWAC outdoor track and field championships from 2007-2009. This is also how the article billed, but it had more in it than that. The underlying story is that Shreveport is in talks with the SWAC to move their headquarters from Birmingham to downtown Shreveport. That would be awesome to have an athletic conference headquartered here. The SWAC consists of Alabama A&M, Alabama State, Alcorn State, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Grambling State, Jackson State, Mississippi Valley State, Prairie View A&M, Southern, and Texas Southern.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...80340/1002/NEWS

In response to the "new SWAC headquarters" discussion back in November, Shreveport has apparently been chosen as one of the two finalist cities, including Birmingham, Al (their current host city):

Shreveport may be one of two cities in running for SWAC headquarters

I found a retail land sale of 5.23 acres which took place last month (Dec 2006) on the NWC of Bert Kouns & I-49:

55D34C97-6654-49CA-9621-668CBFB1A710_or.jpg

Circuit City sold the land to ALT-Shreve, LLC. It is zoned B-3. This is right across the street from the Stevens Village Properties 22 acre lot. No doubt we'll be seeing some activity on that sight in the near future. That area seems to be getting a lot of attention recently!

I found a retail land sale of 5.23 acres which took place last month (Dec 2006) on the NWC of Bert Kouns & I-49:

55D34C97-6654-49CA-9621-668CBFB1A710_or.jpg

Circuit City sold the land to ALT-Shreve, LLC. It is zoned B-3. This is right across the street from the Stevens Village Properties 22 acre lot. No doubt we'll be seeing some activity on that sight in the near future. That area seems to be getting a lot of attention recently!

Hmmmm... sounds very promising! :)

Our man on the west coast is definitely keeping us informed!!

By the way, on the subject of the Red River District, I'd been noticing for about a week that they've had augers on site, so I knew they were getting ready to build a garage. I was pretty sure anyway. I think Eldorado is very smart and is taking the right approach to the redevelopment of Red River District.

I've been wanting to see Fuddruckers here forever. Maybe enough people from this area need to email them asking if anyone has considered putting one of their restaurants in this market!! If they saw the demand, surely they'd want to come here. North Airline and South Youree would make great potential locations for one.

Oh, and I hope Old Navy hasn't been replaced with TJ Maxx. I actually think the site plan is more recent than the elevation views.

I'll email them if everyone else will. :lol: I don't mind at all! Are you sure the site plan is newer? The ePackage was dated Oct 2006. I'll check to see if the site plan was dated.

In response to the "new SWAC headquarters" discussion back in November, Shreveport has apparently been chosen as one of the two finalist cities, including Birmingham, Al (their current host city):

Shreveport may be one of two cities in running for SWAC headquarters

I have been watching this and this is awesome news. I hope that they come, it would say a lot about Shreveport. I think the chances could be good, they left New Orleans in 2000 for Birmingham and maybe they want to come back to LA now. It probably helps that we elected a black mayor since their schools are historically black colleges. Let's hope they come. I just hope they are not just trying to use a "possible move" to get leverage with the city of Birmingham.

Edited by jcasey

I'll email them if everyone else will. :lol: I don't mind at all! Are you sure the site plan is newer? The ePackage was dated Oct 2006. I'll check to see if the site plan was dated.

Yeah, the elevations came out earlier in '06 and haven't changed since. The site plan has changed numerous times. They keep using the same elevations in the ePackages while the site plan continues to evolve.

Yeah, the elevations came out earlier in '06 and haven't changed since. The site plan has changed numerous times. They keep using the same elevations in the ePackages while the site plan continues to evolve.

Oh ok. I looked at the site plan and it had a revision date of Aug 3, 2006, but it looks like the plan has an image date of Oct 9, 2006. Since you saw the elevations earlier this year and they have not changed, I guess the site plan is newer.

For a while a couple years ago, almost every piece of available land along Ellerbe Road, between 3132 and Bert Kouns, was being bought and developed. Half of those developments actually happened, and the rest of that land still has "coming soon" signs on it.

It seems something new is happening in that corridor. It doesn't look large... perhaps a fast food joint or another bank, but next to the Capital One Bank at Ellerbe/3132, there's a piece of land fronting Ellerbe that's being cleared. I'll be watching to see what becomes of it.

Hey guys, the other day, Brian and I made comments about wanting a Fuddruckers in SBC and sending them emails. I did send an email and I got a reply back (not that crapy "thanks for your interest" reply). The reply stated that they actually are planning on putting a Fuddruckers in SBC, although no details were given! :yahoo: Here is the reply I received.

Thank you for your interest in Fuddruckers! We actually do have plans

to build a Fuddruckers' restaurant in the Shreveport - Bossier City, LA

area in the near future; however, I do not have the details on exactly

when or where.

You are welcome to follow up with us at the end of this year to check

onthe status of this location.

On behalf of Fuddruckers, Inc., I want to express our sincerest

appreciation for your continued loyalty and patronage.

Regina ********

Fuddruckers/Koo Koo Roo

________________________________________________________________________________

On another note, last night, I went by the Airline Stirling Prop site and wow. It appeared that they have all the walls up on the Target store (it was dark). I know for certain that the front wall, I-220 wall, and back wall were up. That was fast.

^^ Good work, jcasey, that's great news!! Maybe Stirling Bossier or Regal Court? I didn't realize Fuddruckers and Koo Koo Roo were the same company! Although thinking back, they do have signs on the door adverising Fuddruckers burgers - makes sense now! Koo Koo Roo is one of my favorite "lunch" places. They have delicious healthy food at great prices. It's a great company.

On a separate note... I saw Shreveport on HGTV AGAIN a couple nights ago. A new episode of What You Get for the Money. As I've said this before, Shreveport is the only LA city that I ever see on that network besides New Orleans, which I may have seen twice. I think the house was in a neigherhood called Southern Trace, near a golf course maybe... sound familiar?

^^ Good work, jcasey, that's great news!! Maybe Stirling Bossier or Regal Court? I didn't realize Fuddruckers and Koo Koo Roo were the same company! Although thinking back, they do have signs on the door adverising Fuddruckers burgers - makes sense now! Koo Koo Roo is one of my favorite "lunch" places. They have delicious healthy food at great prices. It's a great company.

On a separate note... I saw Shreveport on HGTV AGAIN a couple nights ago. A new episode of What You Get for the Money. As I've said this before, Shreveport is the only LA city that I ever see on that network besides New Orleans, which I may have seen twice. I think the house was in a neigherhood called Southern Trace, near a golf course maybe... sound familiar?

Thanks! Either of those two locations would be good for a Fuddruckers. I have never ate at Koo Koo Roo, but see it everytime I am in LA (Manhattan Beach). I pass it right up heading for California Pizza Kitchen or The Coffee Bean!!!

Yes, Southern Trace is big time here. That is were all the movie stars are buying homes. I believe Kevin Costner and Aston Kutcher and Demi Moore have bought homes there.

Edited by jcasey

Also a Shreveport case, where an officer shot a criminal and was cleared, will be highlighted on CourtTV. There's something on the Times' website about that today.

Thanks! Either of those two locations would be good for a Fuddruckers. I have never ate at Koo Koo Roo, but see it everytime I am in LA (Manhattan Beach). I pass it right up heading for California Pizza Kitchen or The Coffee Bean!!!

Yes, Southern Trace is big time here. That is were all the movie stars are buying homes. I believe Kevin Costner and Aston Kutcher and Demi Moore have bought homes there.

Well, Ashton and Demi were originally staying in Johnson Ramsey's home (the developer of Southern Trace.) He was renting it out to them for mega bucks. I'm not sure what they did after that. Costner also was in Southern Trace, but he moved to somewhere in Bossier because he said he couldn't get the people in Southern Trace to give him any privacy. He said he went for a walk in Bossier and no one bothered him, so that sealed his decision.

Well, Ashton and Demi were originally staying in Johnson Ramsey's home (the developer of Southern Trace.) He was renting it out to them for mega bucks. I'm not sure what they did after that. Costner also was in Southern Trace, but he moved to somewhere in Bossier because he said he couldn't get the people in Southern Trace to give him any privacy. He said he went for a walk in Bossier and no one bothered him, so that sealed his decision.

Ok, I didn't know they were renting, but thought they were staying there. Back after Halloween, I remember reading a story about Meg Ryan taking daughter trick-or-treating in Southern Trace.

The Stirling Bossier project is coming along quite nicely. Just thought I'd point that out. :)

I also drove out Swan Lake Road and saw quite a bit of activity. On the west side of Swan Lake Road between I-220 and Viking Drive, utilities have been installed and a new retail center is planned for that property. The road right in front of that property is going to be widened to add a turn lane in the near future.

Further out Swan Lake Road, beyond where one of Bossier's two new elementary schools will soom be built, I saw where utilities and fire hydrants are being laid along the west side of Swan Lake Road. It appears that either businesses or homes are in the near future for that area. My guess is that it will be homes, considering all the new homes being built out there.

Even further out Swan Lake Road, on the east side of the road, there's a big area of trees being cleared for something. No idea what that is... I saw no signs, just lots of trees being cleared off the side of the road.

The Stirling Bossier project is coming along quite nicely. Just thought I'd point that out. :)

I also drove out Swan Lake Road and saw quite a bit of activity. On the west side of Swan Lake Road between I-220 and Viking Drive, utilities have been installed and a new retail center is planned for that property. The road right in front of that property is going to be widened to add a turn lane in the near future.

Further out Swan Lake Road, beyond where one of Bossier's two new elementary schools will soom be built, I saw where utilities and fire hydrants are being laid along the west side of Swan Lake Road. It appears that either businesses or homes are in the near future for that area. My guess is that it will be homes, considering all the new homes being built out there.

Even further out Swan Lake Road, on the east side of the road, there's a big area of trees being cleared for something. No idea what that is... I saw no signs, just lots of trees being cleared off the side of the road.

I was wondering if maybe there was going to be an IKEA store put near here or something.. Me and the wife have noticed a lot of commercials for the store lately being shown..

I was wondering if maybe there was going to be an IKEA store put near here or something.. Me and the wife have noticed a lot of commercials for the store lately being shown..

I can answer that for you: NO.

As much as I WISH they'd build a store here, some cities MUCH larger than Shreveport are finally getting their first IKEA stores. Here's a list of cities currently home to IKEA stores nationwide... from their website:

AZ, Tempe

CA, Burbank

CA, Carson

CA, Costa Mesa

CA, Covina

CA, East Palo Alto

CA, Emeryville

CA, San Diego

CA, West Sacramento

CT, New Haven

IL, Bolingbrook

IL, Schaumburg

GA, Atlanta

MA, Stoughton

MD, Baltimore

MD, College Park

MI, Canton

MN, Twin Cities

NJ, Elizabeth

NJ, Paramus

NY, Long Island

PA, Conshohocken

PA, South Philadelphia

TX, Frisco

TX, Round Rock

PA, Pittsburgh

TX, Houston

VA, Woodbridge

WA, Seattle

Coming Soon

FL, Orlando

FL, Sunrise

NY, Brooklyn

OH, West Chester

OR, Portland

UT, Draper

They're likely advertising here due to good marketing, as MANY people from our area go to Dallas to shop at IKEA.

Even though we're getting Capitol Grille and other things larger markets often get, I just can't see us getting IKEA. There is only one in the Dallas area, one in the Houston area, and one in the Austin area. If we got one, I'd pass the hell out.

I can answer that for you: NO.

As much as I WISH they'd build a store here, some cities MUCH larger than Shreveport are finally getting their first IKEA stores. Here's a list of cities currently home to IKEA stores nationwide... from their website:

AZ, Tempe

CA, Burbank

CA, Carson

CA, Costa Mesa

CA, Covina

CA, East Palo Alto

CA, Emeryville

CA, San Diego

CA, West Sacramento

CT, New Haven

IL, Bolingbrook

IL, Schaumburg

GA, Atlanta

MA, Stoughton

MD, Baltimore

MD, College Park

MI, Canton

MN, Twin Cities

NJ, Elizabeth

NJ, Paramus

NY, Long Island

PA, Conshohocken

PA, South Philadelphia

TX, Frisco

TX, Round Rock

PA, Pittsburgh

TX, Houston

VA, Woodbridge

WA, Seattle

Coming Soon

FL, Orlando

FL, Sunrise

NY, Brooklyn

OH, West Chester

OR, Portland

UT, Draper

They're likely advertising here due to good marketing, as MANY people from our area go to Dallas to shop at IKEA.

Even though we're getting Capitol Grille and other things larger markets often get, I just can't see us getting IKEA. There is only one in the Dallas area, one in the Houston area, and one in the Austin area. If we got one, I'd pass the hell out.

I agree, Shreveport will not be getting an IKEA store. The commercials have got to be b/c of the Dallas location. I used to shop at IKEA in my college days... cool furniture, but most of it is very cheaply made (hence the low prices). The Burbank, Carson, Covina and Costa Mesa locations are all in the LA region. Their stores are massive warehouses that (seem to me) can only be supported by very large populations. If Shreveport were to get one, my guess is that it would be a much scaled-down version.

I agree, Shreveport will not be getting an IKEA store. The commercials have got to be b/c of the Dallas location. I used to shop at IKEA in my college days... cool furniture, but most of it is very cheaply made (hence the low prices). The Burbank, Carson, Covina and Costa Mesa locations are all in the LA region. Their stores are massive warehouses that (seem to me) can only be supported by very large populations. If Shreveport were to get one, my guess is that it would be a much scaled-down version.

If I recall correctly, their stores are roughly about 1/2 million square feet... MORE than twice the size of a Wal-Mart Supercenter. My wife's office is furnished in IKEA furniture purchased at the Dallas store.

The Hilton Sheveport is nearing completion in downtown, according to this new Times video presentation:

As the Shreveport Convention Center reaches its first anniversary, an attached Hilton hotel is taking shape. City officials hope the hotel will help make Shreveport a destination for regional or national conventions as well as local events. The 314-room hotel is expected to open in April. Management company HRI Lodging planned to open the hotel in November, but construction delays pushed back the date. Hotel general manager Bob Gansfuss said he had to turn away groups looking for convention space in February and March but is working with groups that want to hold events in April...

Convention center hotel nears completion

EDIT: Another related article from Today's Times: Shreveport expects new Hilton to boost Convention Center

Edited by fridayinla