Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

Okay, the announcement has been made. It's not a new airline but rather the expansion of an airline's offerings. Allegiant Air, who now flies direct from Shreveport to Las Vegas will now offer direct flights from Shreveport to Orlando, beginning in November.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/60905007

YAHOO FOR DISNEY WORLD! or somthing

^ On this subject, I guess we're not doing too bad. In the last few years we've added direct flights to Cincinnatti, Detroit, Las Vegas, and now Orlando. Not too shabby for a regional airport, especially one that's just about 3 hours from DFW and Love Field.

Now let's work on getting Southwest back in here. I've heard every excuse from the Airport Authority, including landing fees, fuel charges, etc. I've spoken in-depth with a pilot who says that sounds like hogwash... that there's some other reason for not having Southwest but that our Airport Authority is likely just pointing the blame at Southwest when they should be trying to lure them here.

^ On this subject, I guess we're not doing too bad. In the last few years we've added direct flights to Cincinnatti, Detroit, Las Vegas, and now Orlando. Not too shabby for a regional airport, especially one that's just about 3 hours from DFW and Love Field.

Now let's work on getting Southwest back in here. I've heard every excuse from the Airport Authority, including landing fees, fuel charges, etc. I've spoken in-depth with a pilot who says that sounds like hogwash... that there's some other reason for not having Southwest but that our Airport Authority is likely just pointing the blame at Southwest when they should be trying to lure them here.

Wouldn't it be something if the Shreveport and Texarkana areas grew to the point that one day both cities shared an airport. Shreveport/Texarkana International Airport doesn't sound too bad.

Haughton to get new CVS Pharmacy.

This is great news. I don't even think Stonewall, Greenwood, Benton, or any of the other suburban areas bordering Shreveport or Bossier City have a stand-alone CVS or Walgreen's yet. This is further proof that Haughton will boom once the sewer district is approved and infrastructure work is completed. It's been said time and time again that Haughton is expected to boom with new business and residential developments once this is accomplished. I'm ready for this kind of convenience, as right now the nearest CVS or Walgreen's is either in Bossier or Minden.

http://www.bossierpress.com/index.php?opti...0&Itemid=66

The sign has been on the site for a couple of weeks now at least. This site was rumored before to be a Taco Bell. I'm glad it's a CVS rather than a Taco Bell.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Haughton to get new CVS Pharmacy.

This is great news. I don't even think Stonewall, Greenwood, Benton, or any of the other suburban areas bordering Shreveport or Bossier City have a stand-alone CVS or Walgreen's yet. This is further proof that Haughton will boom once the sewer district is approved and infrastructure work is completed. It's been said time and time again that Haughton is expected to boom with new business and residential developments once this is accomplished. I'm ready for this kind of convenience, as right now the nearest CVS or Walgreen's is either in Bossier or Minden.

http://www.bossierpress.com/index.php?opti...0&Itemid=66

The sign has been on the site for a couple of weeks now at least. This site was rumored before to be a Taco Bell. I'm glad it's a CVS rather than a Taco Bell.

I've heard CVS is supposed to open another one up here as well.

I've heard CVS is supposed to open another one up here as well.

That's cool. They seem to be spending a LOT of money converting the old Eckerd stores into CVS stores. In many cases they're even closing old Eckerd stores that were operating in strip malls and building new large, high-visibility stores at major intersections. They just finished a new one in south Bossier at Barksdale Blvd/Jimmie Davis Hwy, one in north Shreveport at North Market/North Hearne, and one is under construction in front of the K-Mart at Airline Drive/East Texas St in north Bossier. They closed and tore down an old Grandy's restaurant on that site to build the new CVS, and most likely the CVS across the street in the Bossier Corners shopping strip. The new store in Haughton will be VERY welcome. This town is starving for new development, and I think its time has come.

Just an update:

I've heard not so much as a whisper about Regal Court or Regal Crossing (whichever they're calling it this week) on Youree Drive lately, but I do have a little information I'd like to pass along.

Apparently the next Zoning Board of Appeals meeting has on the agenda, a proposal for a restaurant to be located at the southeastern corner of Youree/E. 70th. For reference, that's the corner originally rumored to be the future home of PF Chang's. Well, I just finished resarching the company who is to make their proposal before the Zoning Board, and PF Chang's is on their list of clients. But that's as far as it goes at this point, because they also have represented companies like Red Lobster and Jamba Juice. So basically, no real conclusion can be drawn from the reasearch other than to say that PF Chang's is, or has been, a client of this company. With that corner having been rumored for a PF Chang's in the past, at least it looks like there's a chance it's still coming. Only time will tell.

Just an update:

I've heard not so much as a whisper about Regal Court or Regal Crossing (whichever they're calling it this week) on Youree Drive lately, but I do have a little information I'd like to pass along.

Apparently the next Zoning Board of Appeals meeting has on the agenda, a proposal for a restaurant to be located at the southeastern corner of Youree/E. 70th. For reference, that's the corner originally rumored to be the future home of PF Chang's. Well, I just finished resarching the company who is to make their proposal before the Zoning Board, and PF Chang's is on their list of clients. But that's as far as it goes at this point, because they also have represented companies like Red Lobster and Jamba Juice. So basically, no real conclusion can be drawn from the reasearch other than to say that PF Chang's is, or has been, a client of this company. With that corner having been rumored for a PF Chang's in the past, at least it looks like there's a chance it's still coming. Only time will tell.

Nice detective work, Brian. PF Changs is a great restaurant and would be a nice, more upscale addition to Shreveport's restaurant scene. So the proposal is for a single freestanding restaurant on one smaller parcel? If so, PF Changs would definitely fit the bill. Thanks for sharing.

Nice detective work, Brian. PF Changs is a great restaurant and would be a nice, more upscale addition to Shreveport's restaurant scene. So the proposal is for a single freestanding restaurant on one smaller parcel? If so, PF Changs would definitely fit the bill. Thanks for sharing.

Yes... the only remaining property at that site is one single outparcel. On the original site plan for the development there was a PF Chang's shown for that outparcel. So hopefully that's what ends up there.

Click on this link and view the PDF of the development. The parcel in the lower left corner is the one I'm talking about. There is a building shown on this plan, which originally said "PF Chang's," but the developer took that off quickly after the rumor started spreading. The building is still shown, but it's not labelled as PF Chang's. The property shown in the upper left corner was originally planned as either a Walgreens, CVS, or Rite-Aid... but it's now going to be a branch of Red River Bank.

I personally love Long John Silvers for a quick, cheap meal. It's obvious this area is severely lacking as far as Long John Silvers lcoations go, although there are many, many old, abandoned Long John Silvers buildings throughout our fair cities. The only two LJS locations I can think of in the SBC area would be the one on Jewella in front of what used to be South Park Mall, and the one across the street from LSU Medical Center. Neither of these are good locations, so I avoid them.

Well, last month's Bossier City MPC agenda had an item requesting a height variance for a "Taco Bell/Long John Silvers" sign to be located at 4100 Industrial Drive in Bossier City. Right now, on that property sits a Taco Bell, but over the last couple of years activity has picked up in that area. Next door to Taco Bell is an empty corner lot that isn't accessible from the Hwy 80/Industrial Drive intersection, but a little dirt work has been done over the past few months making me think something was going to be built there. From this I can only assume that they are going to add a Long John Silvers to the existing Taco Bell, which isn't unheard of. I've known for a couple of years that there were plans for at least one Taco Bell/Long John Silvers restaurant somewhere in the metro, so this must be one of those.

I hope this is true, because like I said I love Long John Silvers, and I'm in that area of Bossier City every day. It's on my way to and from work, and my family lives in that area as well.

Also... on July's agenda there was a proposal for a liquor license at the Imperial Cathay restaurant, north side of Viking Drive, east of Airline Drive. That would put this restaurant near the new Ruby Tuesday and Nicky's restaurants and Home Depot, just off I-220. I like the Imperial Cathay restaurant in Shreveport, and I can't wait to eat at the Bossier location. :)

Edit: does anyone know it the Bossier Imperial Cathay already open??? Everything I can find within the city's documents refers to it as the "new Imperial Cathay" not the "proposed Imperial Cathay."

Edited by SBCmetroguy

I personally love Long John Silvers for a quick, cheap meal. It's obvious this area is severely lacking as far as Long John Silvers lcoations go, although there are many, many old, abandoned Long John Silvers buildings throughout our fair cities. The only two LJS locations I can think of in the SBC area would be the one on Jewella in front of what used to be South Park Mall, and the one across the street from LSU Medical Center. Neither of these are good locations, so I avoid them.

Well, last month's Bossier City MPC agenda had an item requesting a height variance for a "Taco Bell/Long John Silvers" sign to be located at 4100 Industrial Drive in Bossier City. Right now, on that property sits a Taco Bell, but over the last couple of years activity has picked up in that area. Next door to Taco Bell is an empty corner lot that isn't accessible from the Hwy 80/Industrial Drive intersection, but a little dirt work has been done over the past few months making me think something was going to be built there. From this I can only assume that they are going to add a Long John Silvers to the existing Taco Bell, which isn't unheard of. I've known for a couple of years that there were plans for at least one Taco Bell/Long John Silvers restaurant somewhere in the metro, so this must be one of those.

I hope this is true, because like I said I love Long John Silvers, and I'm in that area of Bossier City every day. It's on my way to and from work, and my family lives in that area as well.

Also... on July's agenda there was a proposal for a liquor license at the Imperial Cathay restaurant, north side of Viking Drive, east of Airline Drive. That would put this restaurant near the new Ruby Tuesday and Nicky's restaurants and Home Depot, just off I-220. I like the Imperial Cathay restaurant in Shreveport, and I can't wait to eat at the Bossier location. :)

Edit: does anyone know it the Bossier Imperial Cathay already open??? Everything I can find within the city's documents refers to it as the "new Imperial Cathay" not the "proposed Imperial Cathay."

I'm all for new development.. I've been to one of those long john silvers/Taco bells.. seems the tacos smell like fish!!!

Edited by woob

PF Chang's has been in the works for a while, so hoepfully it will finally fall into place.

J. Alexander's has a location in Baton Rouge, so I'd say Shreveport wouldn't be comlpetely unheard of as a location... but considering neither Jackson, Little Rock, Tulsa, nor Oklahoma City has one, I'd say Baton Rouge must impressed the hell out of someone to get one.

You can truly see how much Brian loves his area (SBC) and all the devlopements that take place. That's really cool. :thumbsup: I hope Shreveport gets PF Changs, JAlexander,etc. It should be just a matter of time.

PF Changs just opened last year in the new "hip" corridor of BR on Corporate Blvd at the new Towne Center. On weekends there are still hour-long waits. So I have never eaten there, but would like to. Maybe a week-night would be better??

Edited by richyb83

A quick, little observation regarding the Regal Court development. Yesterday, around 5 pm, i noticed two construction/survey type guys working out in the field where the Kohl's-JC Penney's is scheduled to be built in the near future. I also saw some stakes in the ground... so, hopefully, we'll see some activity b/f too long.

You can truly see how much Brian loves his area (SBC) and all the devlopements that take place. That's really cool. :thumbsup: I hope Shreveport gets PF Changs, JAlexander,etc. It should be just a matter of time.

PF Changs just opened last year in the new "hip" corridor of BR on Corporate Blvd at the new Towne Center. On weekends there are still hour-long waits. So I have never eaten there, but would like to. Maybe a week-night would be better??

PF Chang in San Antonio and Austin is way overrated and over priced. J Alexander you get great bang and value for the buck. Does SBC have a Zio Italian restaurant or a Rudy's BBQ chain yet. Fuddruckers and the Macroni Grill got it start in San Antonio. what are some of the new chains plan or coming to SBC.

PF Chang in San Antonio and Austin is way overrated and over priced. J Alexander you get great bang and value for the buck. Does SBC have a Zio Italian restaurant or a Rudy's BBQ chain yet. Fuddruckers and the Macroni Grill got it start in San Antonio. what are some of the new chains plan or coming to SBC.

Oh I forgot my favorite Deli of all time- Jason Deli' I hope Shreveport-Bossier has one or planning to get one. Whoever in SBC gets that franchise has a gold mine.

A quick, little observation regarding the Regal Court development. Yesterday, around 5 pm, i noticed two construction/survey type guys working out in the field where the Kohl's-JC Penney's is scheduled to be built in the near future. I also saw some stakes in the ground... so, hopefully, we'll see some activity b/f too long.

Very cool. I haven't been by there in a few days. I don't get by there as often as I used to, but I try to when I get a chance. If they were staking, I'd say they're getting ready to start.

Shreveport has a Jason's Deli on Line avenue and yes, it is a goldmine.

Every time i go in there it is packed.

Mudbugger

Oh hell yeah!! Jason's is awesome and it's always packed. We've had that Jason's Deli for many, many years now. I even think it was there when everything else was closing a couple decades ago. They stuck it out and it seems to be paying off for them. They've developed a loyal customer base over the years and they serve great food. I love the "Beefeater!" :D

One more note about development: I found out that, aside from this area's 7th Starbucks location (with #6 being inside the new Convention Center Hilton) being built on Airline Drive across from the new SuperTarget shopping center, a Texarkana Tex-Mex chain called TaMolly's will be opening right there as well. TaMolly's is really cheap and pretty good!

One more note about development: I found out that, aside from this area's 7th Starbucks location (with #6 being inside the new Convention Center Hilton) being built on Airline Drive across from the new SuperTarget shopping center, a Texarkana Tex-Mex chain called TaMolly's will be opening right there as well. TaMolly's is really cheap and pretty good!

That's good news. Where'd you find out about the new Starbucks?