Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

Yeah, that Capitol Grille looks awesome. It looks pretty exclusive. I also think it has to be a Borders. Maybe for the sporting goods a Dick's? A Golfsmith would be awesome!

The Times article says Capitol Grille-Longhorn...so which is it?

Edited by jcasey

Yeah, that Capitol Grille looks awesome. It looks pretty exclusive. I also think it has to be a Borders. Maybe for the sporting goods a Dick's? A Golfsmith would be awesome!

The Times article says Capitol Grille-Longhorn...so which is it?

Wasn't a Longhorn Steakhouse just announced for an outparcel in the Eastgate Shopping Center? I'll have to go back double check, but if so, this location should definitely be a Capital Grille.

Here, here. Maybe the Boardwalk location has Boders expanding in the area. Let's hope anyway.

Yeah, I'm banking on Borders. All of a sudden, Shreveport only deserves the best. :D

Wasn't a Longhorn Steakhouse just announced for an outparcel in the Eastgate Shopping Center? I'll have to go back double check, but if so, this location should definitely be a Capital Grille.

Yeah, I'm banking on Borders. All of a sudden, Shreveport only deserves the best. :D

I'm not sure, but I think Brian was saying the corner of Kings Crossing. It appears that the company that owns Longhorn also owns Capital Grille. Maybe they changed their minds. I have been seeing Longhorn commercials locally though.

Edited by jcasey

I'm not sure, but I think Brian was saying the corner of Kings Crossing. It appears that the company that owns Longhorn also owns Capital Grille. Maybe they changed their minds. I have been seeing Longhorn commercials locally though.

Yeah, it may have been Kings Crossing. Both announcements were made so recently... do you think they would've changed the location and the brand so quickly. Maybe there doing both?!

Yeah, it may have been Kings Crossing. Both announcements were made so recently... do you think they would've changed the location and the brand so quickly. Maybe there doing both?!

Let's hope for both. KTBS said Hightower said Capitol Grille. The Times just named Capital Grille-Longhorn.

This tenant list is a nice start, but this is to be a huge development. I don't remember the site plan well, but there should be room for at least 15 tenants, right? I'm still expecting some other big names to jump on board as things get rolling. This is shaping up to be Shreveport's premiere retail address.

I was hoping for a long list of tenants to be announced, but the ones that were announced are definitely the best. I've been to a Capitol Grille in DC and it's incredible... the food, atmosphere...very urban and sophisticated. For Shreveport to possibly get a location is impressive. I checked the website and they're only located in major metropolitan areas, and we don't even have one here in LA.

I don't know La Madeleine, but from the website it looks very nice and there are locations in major metros of Texas, Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Regarding the bookstore, considering its to be a national chain, a Barnes & Noble is already located on Youree, and the caliber of these other tenants, I think it's safe to bet that it will be a Borders. I think none of us are surprised about the PF Changs, but it's exciting none the less!

Not familiar with Capitol Grille, but La Madeleine is def upscale. P.F. Chang's, like it or not, is also symbolic of the more upscale nature of this development. But having these restaurants up against a DSW, Kohl's, and Books-a-Million is - sorry - kinda weird. That's not the way these things usually happen...

But yeah...just say NO to Books-a-Million!

Edited by Rardy

Well, I do see where there is a management job listing for a Longhorn in Shreveport.

That must be for the other location in the King's Crossing, which could open much sooner. The article said that Capital Grille wasn't official yet, so they probably haven't signed a lease. My guess is they wouldn't be posting for that restaurant now anyway - not a year out from completion. I'd say both restaurants are possible. Maybe they think the demographics can support two of their restaurants.

This was originally for Longhorn to obtain an alcohol license but was removed from the agenda. It lists the location at Kings Crossing and Longhorn's name has been removed.

. CASE NO. BAC-73-06: XXXX Youree Drive Parish Commission

W D PARTNERS District: 9/Brown

Shreveport Kings Crossing Venture, LTD

Southeast corner of Youree & East 70th Street

Special Exception Use in a B-3 District

Restaurant with the on-premise consumption of high alcoholic content beverages

DECISION: Removed from Agenda VOTE: 6/0

Not familiar with Capitol Grille, but La Madeleine is def upscale. P.F. Chang's, like it or not, is also symbolic of the more upscale nature of this development. But having these restaurants up against a DSW, Kohl's, and Books-a-Million is - sorry - kinda weird. That's not the way these things usually happen...

But yeah...just say NO to Books-a-Million!

Agreed, a weird mix of tenants. Borders would definitely fit in more with the upscale restaurants. Even though Kohl's and DSW are discount retailers, they're quality national tenants that Shreveport doesn't yet have. It's all good news.

This was originally for Longhorn to obtain an alcohol license but was removed from the agenda. It lists the location at Kings Crossing and Longhorn's name has been removed.

. CASE NO. BAC-73-06: XXXX Youree Drive Parish Commission

W D PARTNERS District: 9/Brown

Shreveport Kings Crossing Venture, LTD

Southeast corner of Youree & East 70th Street

Special Exception Use in a B-3 District

Restaurant with the on-premise consumption of high alcoholic content beverages

DECISION: Removed from Agenda VOTE: 6/0

:( Uh oh.

Just TiVoed KTBS news, and they are again reporting Capitol Grille. They said that JCPenny's and Kohl's will be opening September 2007 and other will be 2008 (January I assume). They also said that 40 acres will be available for future development as well.

Edited by jcasey

Where's Brian this morning? He made a quick cameo and left. With all these developments happening around SBC - you can't help but see the city is blossoming. Not to get off the subject, but does anyone know what the status of that upscale mixed-use development in Bossier along Teague Pwky near the CenturyTel Center?

They also said that 40 acres will be available for future development as well.

Are those acres fronting Youree Drive? For some reason I was thinking Regal Court would be the last infill project there.

Edited by fridayinla

The dollar stores in Haughton look okay because they're surrounded by trailers, convenience stores, and a post office. Move down the road a bit to my neighborhood, and they will NOT look good. And they wouldn't be welcomed either.

It IS awful, and again I hate to see it on Stockwell Road. I haven't been to Hilton Head, but there are areas like around the Biltmore in Asheville, NC where the buildings have a certain classy look... and certain Chicago suburbs I've been to area also that way. I do like the idea of that.

Is Hilton Head Island in any way connected to the Hilton family?

Hopefully not. The job is still listed, so who knows.

I think Longhorn will still happen. There was probably something that wasn't complied with causing it to be removed. If they comply with everything I don't see why they wouldn't make it back on the agenda for the next meeting. Surely they didn't back out THAT quickly.

Hey Stephen, I'm around. I'm popping in from time to time when I can. It's a VERY busy day around here so I haven't been able to break free much. Kind of sucks because this announcement was so exciting!

I found a copy of the site plan again. It's pretty hard to read, but it's there. Of course no tenants are listed, it's just a layout.

Here it is... I had it saved on my work computer, not my home computer like I'd thought.

post-9805-1162837734_thumb.jpg

And FYI I do wonder if the Capital Grille-Longhorn means we're going to get a Longhorn, not a Capital Grille. This could explain why Longhorn disappeared from that recent agenda.

Where's Brian this morning? He made a quick cameo and left. With all these developments happening around SBC - you can't help but see the city is blossoming. Not to get off the subject, but does anyone know what the status of that upscale mixed-use development in Bossier along Teague Pwky near the CenturyTel Center?

Are those acres fronting Youree Drive? For some reason I was thinking Regal Court would be the last infill project there.

Regal Court only takes up approximately 50-75% of the available land it's being constructed on.

I don't know if this has been said already, of even if I might have said it... lots of posts in here today... but La Madeleine is in major markets as well, with Baton Rouge being its smallest market to date. This will make Shreveport its smallest market now, but I have no doubt we can support it.

SDI is doing an excellent job with luring these businesses here, and I hope they continue their success in this market. I hope they're here to stay. So far they've developed the retail strip in front of the Bert Kouns Wal-Mart, the retail in front of the Bossier City Lowe's, Kings Crossing, and now Regal Court.

And FYI I do wonder if the Capital Grille-Longhorn means we're going to get a Longhorn, not a Capital Grille. This could explain why Longhorn disappeared from that recent agenda.

I guess we'll find out, but then why would have there been any mention of the Capital Grille brand? jcasey says KTBS is still reporting Capital Grille. Let's keep our fingers crossed!