Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

Does anyone think the growth in Haughton and the other towns will spread east toward Minden?

Phew, there is virtually nothing between Haughton and Minden right now. I think for this to happen, we would have to see Haughton grow much larger and get some retail development. I think this could happen after I-69 comes through in what, 25 years?

Phew, there is virtually nothing between Haughton and Minden right now. I think for this to happen, we would have to see Haughton grow much larger and get some retail development. I think this could happen after I-69 comes through in what, 25 years?

I agree. There's nothing between Haughton and Minden, so a major boom would have to occur. I-69 certainly could be the driving force behind something like that...

I saw in today's Times that J. Jill, a women's clothing store under the Talbot family tree, is coming, along with Talbot's Woman, to the Shoppes at Bellemead. I did a little digging... it would appear this will be the states's first J. Jill store.

Here's a link to the article Metlife is referencing:

2 clothing stores to open in Shreveport this spring

The article mentions the plan to "start construction on the stores shortly." I wonder if this means the developers are constructing the final phase of the project, Building 500, or if they're just building out empty existing space:

elevations-large.jpg

You know, the J. Jill thing is actually quite funny to me. Why, you ask? ;) Well, a couple weeks ago when I was down in Houston, I saw one in the Galleria. I commented to my wife that I'd never heard of that store before, but it really stood out to me because the lettering on their sign was different and cool. When I found out we were getting one, just 2 weeks later, I thought "how crazy!"

There's a case before the Shreveport MPC next week for developing a commercial subdivision along the new Southern Loop.

8. CASE NO. SC-19-07

NORRIS FERRY CROSSING, LLC District: D/Wooley

Raley and Associates District: 9/Brown

South side of Southern Loop – approx., 650 ft. W of Norris Ferry Road – Wallace Lake Neighborhood

B-2-E

Southern Loop Commercial Subdivision – Unit No. 1

A note from the above case: "No site plans have been developed for this property. The applicants stated that the subdivision is being requested so that the property may be conveyed."

There are actually a LOT of projects planned for the Southern Loop/Norris Ferry area right now, and they're mostly residential. The above commercial subdivision shows some serious promise. As more and more homes are built out there, more services are needed.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

There are also two new submittals for additions to the Newcastle area of west-southwest Shreveport. That subdivision has been growing lately with new sections opening up, but there are now requests for two new sections. One of these sections would be developed by the highly successful home builder, Southern Home Builders, and would contain 145 new lots. The other is being submitted by Mohr and Associates for 67 new lots. That's 212 new lots total in two different developments. For the western side of Shreveport, that's great news.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Pier 1 Imports is closing its Bossier City store. A quote in the following article claims that Pier 1 typically closes their stores as the leases expire. That's got to be hogwash... who does that?

I'd have thought this store would be an excellent producer because of where it's located... across from Pierre Bossier Mall. That's still the most heavily-traveled corridor in Bossier City, though the demographics are shifting. There seems to be NO discussion of building a new store in extreme north Bossier, though, which surprises me.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/70208013

I've passed by the Regal Court development a couple of times within the last few days, and it looks like they've poured some concrete. Definitely a promising sign...

Yes! I ate lunch over at Cane's twice last week and noticed the same thing. They're moving much faster than the North Bossier center... I expect to see steel rising from the ground at Regal Court in no time!

I'm ready for Friday's, dude... I haven't had their ribs in a couple of years.

I've passed by the Regal Court development a couple of times within the last few days, and it looks like they've poured some concrete. Definitely a promising sign...

hey about that pier 1 import... I noticed that the one that closed down on Mansfield road is becoming a big fitness club! lol I hated that building to sit empty.. I thought it was pretty neat looking!

hey about that pier 1 import... I noticed that the one that closed down on Mansfield road is becoming a big fitness club! lol I hated that building to sit empty.. I thought it was pretty neat looking!

Yeah dude, I know... I never understood why they ditched that cool look for the "average Joe" strip mall thing that they're doing now. Their rustic, stand-alone stores looked awesome. I did notice the other day that there's a sign for Drew LeBlanc's Elite Fitness or something like that. Awesome... Southern Hills needs it!

BIG time news today in the times, concerning a new mixed used retail/residential development that will be developed by John Good, Jr of the Boardwalk... called the Villagio. Hope this links works. It's been a little slow around here lately... hopefully this will spark some lively chatter. http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/70214013

BIG time news today in the times, concerning a new mixed used retail/residential development that will be developed by John Good, Jr of the Boardwalk... called the Villagio. Hope this links works. It's been a little slow around here lately... hopefully this will spark some lively chatter. http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/70214013

Damn it, you beat me by two minutes!! lol I was on my way over here as soon as I read it.

This is that piece of land that jcasey and I have been wondering about for a while. This is awesome!

This is really what our region needed right now. We've had a "development announcement drought" for a while now. :)

Damn it, you beat me by two minutes!! lol I was on my way over here as soon as I read it.

This is that piece of land that jcasey and I have been wondering about for a while. This is awesome!

This is really what our region needed right now. We've had a "development announcement drought" for a while now. :)

Woo hoo!! Yeah Brian, there has been a development announcement drought for a while, but it was the calm before the storm. :yahoo:

This development looks incredible! Seriously, this just as nice, if not nicer than ANYTHING you can find in Los Angeles. And construction is scheduled to begin this year already?! I wanna live in Bossier! :P

Woo hoo!! Yeah Brian, there has been a development announcement drought for a while, but it was the calm before the storm. :yahoo:

This development looks incredible! Seriously, this just as nice, if not nicer than ANYTHING you can find in Los Angeles. And construction is scheduled to begin this year already?! I wanna live in Bossier! :P

It's similar to Baton Rouge's Perkins Rowe. This type of development is becoming hugely popular these days, so I'm glad Good has this vision... especially for that blighted area of Bossier. I grew up about 1 mile from that site, and the neighborhood is not good. It needs all the help it can get. The new BPCC campus undoubtedly spurred this huge development. I really hope he lures some big-name retailers and eateries to the property to accompany this upscale housing. Now I wish he'd expand upon the residential aspect and build some at the Boardwalk.

I really would love to have a face-to-face sit-down meeting with him. He's a visionary with money... something this area is desperately needing.

It's similar to Baton Rouge's Perkins Rowe. This type of development is becoming hugely popular these days, so I'm glad Good has this vision... especially for that blighted area of Bossier. I grew up about 1 mile from that site, and the neighborhood is not good. It needs all the help it can get. The new BPCC campus undoubtedly spurred this huge development. I really hope he lures some big-name retailers and eateries to the property to accompany this upscale housing. Now I wish he'd expand upon the residential aspect and build some at the Boardwalk.

I really would love to have a face-to-face sit-down meeting with him. He's a visionary with money... something this area is desperately needing.

Yes, these life-style centers are the new trend in urban development. Good is a visionary and I'm so glad he's giving back to his community. Bossier City is quickly becoming the place to be in North Lousiana. With the boardwalk, Stirling Bossier and now Villaggio - the city will have a high quality of life. Also, let's not forget that massive mixed-use development near the CenturyTel Center off the parkway, which should still happen.

I'm looking forward to more details about Villaggio. I'm sure now the annoucement has been made, we'll be seeing a lot of media coverage.

You know, on an separate note, it's too bad he's not proposing this project for Cane's Landing, but I'm not complaining!

Agreed!! Not complaining at all, but this would be PERFECT for Cane's Landing.

This will give an extremely impressive first impression for people coming into Shreveport-Bossier from the east, and will help to fill in some more of that pasture land that's been sitting off I-20 for a long time. And the best part is, I can watch this development being built on a daily basis. :) No going out of my way to watch the progress of this development!

Edit:

** UPDATED ARTICLE regarding Villaggio just posted on the Shreveport Times website! :)

Villaggio development offers taste of the good life

Edited by SBCmetroguy

And the best part is, I can watch this development being built on a daily basis. :) No going out of my way to watch the progress of this development!

Edit:

** UPDATED ARTICLE regarding Villaggio just posted on the Shreveport Times website! :)

Villaggio development offers taste of the good life

Awesome! We wanna see photos, Brian! :thumbsup:

AND, here we go, the new article...