Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

I did the survey about a week ago. :D I was very concerned, though, about the inbred jerks on the Shreveport Times forums leaving their half-witted comments.

I just took it. I've said this a million times, but I think Shreveport & Bossier City need to focus on the riverfront. In my opinion it's where the most potential is. First, start by encouraging redevelopment of historic structures... really build up the West Edge with a thriving artist community living downtown. Hopefully that will spark more retail to move in. Secondly, elaborate more on the entertainment options and development Cane's Landing and Cross Bayou!!! All the while build that PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE!

I just took it. I've said this a million times, but I think Shreveport & Bossier City need to focus on the riverfront. In my opinion it's where the most potential is. First, start by encouraging redevelopment of historic structures... really build up the West Edge with a thriving artist community living downtown. Hopefully that will spark more retail to move in. Secondly, elaborate more on the entertainment options and development Cane's Landing and Cross Bayou!!! All the while build that PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE!

On many of the options, I chose the "other" choice and then went on to explain, in depth, my thoughts. Even if there was an option on there that was correct, I'd still do "other" and explain in detail. I mentioned the pedestrian bridge several times.

• 2 weeks later...

The TND development Provenance, in extreme south Shreveport, is progressing nicely. I was actually out there just 2 weeks ago and was impressed with its growth. A Red RIver Bank branch is under construction there, which will include a neighborhood post office for the village.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...90366/1002/NEWS

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Thanks for the update. This really sounds like an impressive development going up. The walkable communities are quickly becoming the trend. It's good to have a mix of residentail(not all upscale); they compliment each other. I agree with the gated communities. They are overrated with security issues; knowing your neighbors is safer.

Edited by richyb83

The TND development Provenance, in extreme south Shreveport, is progressing nicely. I was actually out there just 2 weeks ago and was impressed with its growth. A Red RIver Bank branch is under construction there, which will include a neighborhood post office for the village.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...90366/1002/NEWS

I'll be down in your neck of the woods tonight. I'll be gambling and visiting with friends. By the time I get down there it will be dark and I won't be able to look around the city. Thanks for all the info on new projects because I love that city!

I'll be down in your neck of the woods tonight. I'll be gambling and visiting with friends. By the time I get down there it will be dark and I won't be able to look around the city. Thanks for all the info on new projects because I love that city!

We'll have to catch up one of these days... have fun in the SBC! :)

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Southeast Shreveport's development continues to impress. It won't be long before every available piece of land is developed with infill projects. The long, narrow piece of land between Fern Avenue and Bayou Pierre at 70th Street has a retail plaza planned for it. When I started working in that part of Shreveport just a few years ago, most of the land around there was sitting undeveloped, with development all around it. Now 70th Street is just as hot a corridor as Youree.

I also found out today that there's a Hindu Temple way out Jefferson Paige Road. I had no idea...

We'll have to catch up one of these days... have fun in the SBC! :)

Hey Brian I had a great time down there. We got down there around 10 p.m. and gambled until 5 a.m. Then we ate at IHOP. These queens had to be thrown out because they caused a disturbance. We finally got back to Txk at 8 a.m. I was so tired.

Hey Brian I had a great time down there. We got down there around 10 p.m. and gambled until 5 a.m. Then we ate at IHOP. These queens had to be thrown out because they caused a disturbance. We finally got back to Txk at 8 a.m. I was so tired.

Queens as in homosexual guys, drag queens, or drama queens?

Damn... 5 am!?!? Geez! lol Which IHOP did you end up eating at?

You got back to Texarkana when the rest of the world was waking up. I didn't know you were such a party animal, Darius! :D

Queens as in homosexual guys, drag queens, or drama queens?

Damn... 5 am!?!? Geez! lol Which IHOP did you end up eating at?

You got back to Texarkana when the rest of the world was waking up. I didn't know you were such a party animal, Darius! :D

LOL! I meant effeminate gay guys. We ate at the IHOP on Youree. LOL! Every now and then I like to just go off and have me some fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw in today's Times that Dick's Sporting Goods has applied for a construction permit for a site on Youree Drive (presumably Regal Court).

Yep! Dick's will be built in Regal Court. Liz Swaine came out and said it a while back, and ever since I've been waiting. I've been in these stores in other cities and I love them.

By the way, I missed that in today's paper. I'll have to look again. Thanks for pointing it out for us all.

I just noticed that Waffle House has applied for zoning to place a new 24-hour restaurant on the east side of North Market, just south of Ravendale. As much as I'm in favor of infill developments like this, there's no way I'd stop in and eat at that Waffle House after dark. I probably wouldn't even eat there during the daytime!

Also in zoning news, I saw where "Mr. Bible Baptist Church" has applied to expand their existing church. I didn't realize we had a church named "Mr. Bible Baptist Church." :unsure:

I just noticed that Waffle House has applied for zoning to place a new 24-hour restaurant on the east side of North Market, just south of Ravendale. As much as I'm in favor of infill developments like this, there's no way I'd stop in and eat at that Waffle House after dark. I probably wouldn't even eat there during the daytime!

Also in zoning news, I saw where "Mr. Bible Baptist Church" has applied to expand their existing church. I didn't realize we had a church named "Mr. Bible Baptist Church." :unsure:

lol man that sounds kinda crazy! hey is that near me? I like waffle house! I've eatin some food straight out of the hood! I'm not afraid! lol theres a chicken place ahh whats it called silver dollar or something. . not even sure if it's in businesss.. well anyways.. you have to dodge the beggers and such to get inside so you can buy a 2 piece and a roll for like 2 bucks from a guy with a 38 attached to his hip :)

I don't know what it is about Waffle House but I've been to several from California to Texas to Missouri and they all had nasty tables, sticky menus and the service wasn't all that great.

I don't know what it is about Waffle House but I've been to several from California to Texas to Missouri and they all had nasty tables, sticky menus and the service wasn't all that great.

The one by my house is less than 2 years old, very clean, and service is awesome. :) But it really is a rarity among Waffle House restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot in the works for Shreveport's growing port, which is expected to double in size in just 10 years:

Port of Shreveport-Bossier on a growing mission

I like hearing about Port news and the industrial development going on down there. I agree with the ideas of providing extra services to the customers of the port, but I have never found out why we were unable to build the port power plant down there. Just wondered if anyone else knew anything. I think maybe it had something to do with the permitting process.