Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool. You don't usually hear of retail developments in that part of Shreveport. It'll be good for the people that live there

That part of the city desperately needs more shopping options. I wonder if Kroger will end up building there... hmmm... because the Kroger store in central Bossier City will be closing before long, no doubt. Half their parking lot is now gone to make room for the new Benton Road flyover ramp.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

I totally missed this last week, but here's some news on the new Alexandrine Place development located b/w E. 70th and Fern Ave. in Shreveport...

The new Home Design Center, located at 6969 Fern Loop in Shreveport, will be holding grand opening events Aug. 17 and 18. Events will begin with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Friday at 10 a.m. followed by drawings for prizes and discounts both days.

The Home Design Center, which houses a number of locally owned remodeling and design businesses, will provide a one-stop shop for most building needs.

The showroom will feature a wide array of services and merchandise catering to custom home design and remodeling from established businesses in the area. The tenants include Allen Millwork, IberiaBank Mortgage, Kitchen Design Group, Murray's Interiors, Re-Bath, and United Tile.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...304/1064/NEWS05

• 5 weeks later...

Just curious but does anyone know if Dave & Buster's commercials air on Comedy Central to every area, or are they like everyone else and only show their commercials where they matter? I don't routinely watch Comedy Cental (though I LOVE comedy) but was watching today and saw a Dave & Buster's commercial... and was reminded of a Times article from last year in which Arlena Acree was quoted as saying she was working with Dave & Buster's to get them to Shreveport. Hmmm... ? Any substance in this or am I just getting excited over nothing? Thoughts?

Just curious but does anyone know if Dave & Buster's commercials air on Comedy Central to every area, or are they like everyone else and only show their commercials where they matter? I don't routinely watch Comedy Cental (though I LOVE comedy) but was watching today and saw a Dave & Buster's commercial... and was reminded of a Times article from last year in which Arlena Acree was quoted as saying she was working with Dave & Buster's to get them to Shreveport. Hmmm... ? Any substance in this or am I just getting excited over nothing? Thoughts?

Do you have cable or satellite? I have satellite and I have noticed that I see commercials for things we don't have here, so I have wondered the same thing. I will say that I have never noticed so many TGI Friday's and Dick's commercials until recently. It would be nice have the answer to your question.

Do you have cable or satellite? I have satellite and I have noticed that I see commercials for things we don't have here, so I have wondered the same thing. I will say that I have never noticed so many TGI Friday's and Dick's commercials until recently. It would be nice have the answer to your question.

Cable here, no satellite... this is mainly why I'd wonder, since I use Bossier's local cable company. Hmm... and yes about the TGIF and Dick's commercials, same here. Since they are both coming to this market now their commercials are everywhere.

Hmmm... me wonders... ;)

You know with a Dave & Buster's people would HAVE to stop saying "there's nothing to do here if you don't gamble" which is a load of horse crud to begin with. But it would give people more entertainment options. And honestly, the Boardwalk would be perfect for one. Or if they did put one in downtown Shreveport that would be thing to bring more excitement down there outside of the cruddy nightclubs we have. Very soon the security kiosk will be set up along the riverfront, which is basically a small police substation where the new downtown cameras will be monitored. This security kiosk is something downtown Shreveport needs desperately.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Hmmm... look what I just found. A Shreveport Dave & Buster's rumor posted on the forums at shreveport.com last month:

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2488

Good find and VERY interesting. Dave & Buster's would definitely fit in Shreveport-Bossier's ever changing landscape. The commercials that I'm still seeing, that started last year, are the one's from Macy's. You know, if we're fortunate enough to lock-up the Cyber Command, you have to believe retail/commercial development companies would be lining up to invest some major capital in our area...

Edited by Metlife

Has anyone heard of Buffalo Wild Wings? I see they're building one in my neck of the woods.

Yeah, we have one at the Boardwalk and are getting another on Youree Dr at Regal Court. I have been seeing a lot of their commercials lately too.

Good find and VERY interesting. Dave & Buster's would definitely fit in Shreveport-Bossier's ever changing landscape. The commercials that I'm still seeing, that started last year, are the one's from Macy's. You know, if we're fortunate enough to lock-up the Cyber Command, you have to believe retail/commercial development companies would be lining up to invest some major capital in our area...

It bugs me to keep seeing these Macy's commercials and know we do not have one. Surely we are being probed.

Yeah, we have one at the Boardwalk and are getting another on Youree Dr at Regal Court. I have been seeing a lot of their commercials lately too.

Yes, we've had one at the Boardwalk for about 2 years now so the Youree location is long-overdue. There has never been what I would consider a decent wings place on that stretch of Youree Drive. The only one that was along that stretch was located in front of Sam's... and even though I knew one of the Egyptian partners in that franchise, I never was a huge fan of the place. I also think the fact that they were Egyptian made people not want to go there. Let's face it, here in Shreveport people think everyone from that side of the world is somehow involved in terrorism. That guy was a lifelong friend of mine all the way back to elementary school, but the vast majority of people who went in there didn't know him or anything about him and most likely made assumptions. You have to consider that they opened that place within 1-2 years after 9-11.

To Darius: you'll love Buffalo Wild Wings most likely. I fell in love with the chain before we ever had one after I visited the one in Champaign, IL. I will tell you that the experience is much cooler in a college town like that, because the energy is amazing. But the one at the Boardwalk is nice... despite the small riot that broke out there a few months back. ;)

It bugs me to keep seeing these Macy's commercials and know we do not have one. Surely we are being probed.

Yeah, and the thing is... I believe even Tyler and Monroe have Macy's stores. Macy's recently bought out what seems to be half the world's department store chains... but unfortunately none of those chains were in this market yet.

Yeah, and the thing is... I believe even Tyler and Monroe have Macy's stores. Macy's recently bought out what seems to be half the world's department store chains... but unfortunately none of those chains were in this market yet.

Tyler, yes... Monroe, I don't think so. Lake Charles has one, though (Foley's ---> Macy's). Check this out...

3. CASE NO. BAC-99-07: 855 Pierremont Rd Suite #120 Parish Commissioner

J SUPERIOR'S STEAKHOUSE (PHILLIP BARBAREE) District: 4/Gillen

Negrete Newport Properties

Within Pierremont Shopping Center

Special Exception Use in a B-2 District

Restaurant with outside dining (patio) with on-premise consumption of high alcoholic

content beverages

http://www.ci.shreveport.la.us/ZBA/index.htm

Edited by Metlife

^ On the above post I'm not sure but I must be missing something. ??

Anyway I had to go to the tire store and pick my car up a few minutes ago and I saw that the new stretch of the Inner Loop is now open. It was still closed this morning but it's wide open now.

Looks like this is some type of permit for a Superior's Steakhouse in Pierremont Shopping Center... is that the same as Pierremont Mall? and #2, why would they move from across the street? That just struck me as odd...

Looks like this is some type of permit for a Superior's Steakhouse in Pierremont Shopping Center... is that the same as Pierremont Mall? and #2, why would they move from across the street? That just struck me as odd...

Actually I think Pierremont Shopping Center is what they're calling their current locaion. Now I did notice they were applying for patio dining... I guess Superior's Steakhouse doesn't currently offer that. I've never been to the place... too rich for my blood, but plenty of my friends have been and they say that it's basically the same bland steak you could expect to find at a Chicago steakhouse. Which brings me to that subject... when I move to Chicago I hope so much that there is a decent steakhouse in that city. The one complaint I have about Chicago cuisine is, like the vast majority of Chicago-area homes and cars, it's extremely bland.

To Darius: you'll love Buffalo Wild Wings most likely. I fell in love with the chain before we ever had one after I visited the one in Champaign, IL. I will tell you that the experience is much cooler in a college town like that, because the energy is amazing. But the one at the Boardwalk is nice... despite the small riot that broke out there a few months back.

Riot? You have to tell me about that. What was that all about?

Okay, two things... I thought they were located in Towne Oak Square, and #2... it said within Pierrmont Shopping Center...

It is Towne Oak Square. What I meant was maybe that's what the ZBA was calling that shopping center. I'm not sure, but they could have meant Pierremont Mall. And having a patio could mean that they would be taking Semolina's old location. Didn't that spot have a patio? I'm unsure, it's been so long now. :( I miss Semolina.

It is Towne Oak Square. What I meant was maybe that's what the ZBA was calling that shopping center. I'm not sure, but they could have meant Pierremont Mall. And having a patio could mean that they would be taking Semolina's old location. Didn't that spot have a patio? I'm unsure, it's been so long now. :( I miss Semolina.

See, that's what I was inferring to. The old Semolina place did have a patio...