Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

I emailed PF CHANGS about their possible location in shreveport and here was my response:

"Thank you for your kind words. We are looking to put a location in Shrevenport. Please check back with us early next year for more information."

Very cool and welcome to the UP!

I emailed PF CHANGS about their possible location in shreveport and here was my response:

"Thank you for your kind words. We are looking to put a location in Shrevenport. Please check back with us early next year for more information."

Very nice! And welcome! I recognize your name from the forums at Shreveport-Bossier Live.

As a sporadic poster here at UrbanPlanet let me greet you !

Mudbugger

That's a good catch, I didn't think of it originally. My first thought was their current location, which has an unused patio area. But this adds a whole other dimension to it... it could be either of those locations.

Brian, looks like you were right. The Superior Steakhouse patio is not for the old Pierremont Mall, but for its current location.

http://www.ci.shreveport.la.us/ZBA/BAC-99-07.htm

Brian, looks like you were right. The Superior Steakhouse patio is not for the old Pierremont Mall, but for its current location.

http://www.ci.shreveport.la.us/ZBA/BAC-99-07.htm

Well I am a little disappointed. I think a Pierremont Mall location would be better for them, as far as ease of access and visibility, and awesome for the mall. My initial thought was their current location, but once you mentioned Pierremont Mall I could clearly see your point of view as well... and then I started thinking how much better that could be for them. But I also remember that they spent... I can't remember exactly but I believe it was... ready? $5 million on their kitchen alone. Don't quote me on that, but a guy I know did some electronic work in their kitchen and he said they spent an unbelievable amount of money. It was either $2 million or $5 million. Supposedly they have the best kitchen equipment for hundreds of miles.

• 2 weeks later...

A new apartment complex has been announced for south Bossier, near Golden Meadows. That would put the site right around the Highway 71/Sligo Road intersection. They even mentioned possible future plans to build a shopping center on the site where the cattle auction barn now stands. While that barn has been there for a long time, I personally think that it's time has come and gone. The owner died last year in a car accident so I don't even believe it's operating anymore. Besides, that area of south Bossier has already begun to boom with new home construction and that trend should continue with or without the upcoming Cyber Innovation Center.

http://www.nwlanews.com/index.php?option=c...9&Itemid=56

Also, perhaps this is yet another reason for state officials to listen up and agree to build a twin for the overstressed Jimmie Davis Bridge. This development will also benefit from the proposed southern extension of the ART Parkway.

A new apartment complex has been announced for south Bossier, near Golden Meadows. That would put the site right around the Highway 71/Sligo Road intersection. They even mentioned possible future plans to build a shopping center on the site where the cattle auction barn now stands. While that barn has been there for a long time, I personally think that it's time has come and gone. The owner died last year in a car accident so I don't even believe it's operating anymore. Besides, that area of south Bossier has already begun to boom with new home construction and that trend should continue with or without the upcoming Cyber Innovation Center.

<a href="http://www.nwlanews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6169&Itemid=56" target="_blank">http://www.nwlanews.com/index.php?option=c...9&Itemid=56</a>

Also, perhaps this is yet another reason for state officials to listen up and agree to build a twin for the overstressed Jimmie Davis Bridge. This development will also benefit from the proposed southern extension of the ART Parkway.

If they don't build a twin bridge its going to be total gridlock over there with the cyber command center.. huntsville is smaller than shreveport but it's growing so fast that they have 4 lanes of highway all over the place because of future growth.. they can't build roads fast enough over there... Bossier better get ready to start laying down a lot of pavement!

• 2 weeks later...

GM to spend another $75 million on its Shreveport plant in preparation for construction of the Hummer H3T automobile line. Currently the plant makes the Hummer H3. I assume it also still produces the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon?? I'm unsure about that...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/71030022

GM to spend another $75 million on its Shreveport plant in preparation for construction of the Hummer H3T automobile line. Currently the plant makes the Hummer H3. I assume it also still produces the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon?? I'm unsure about that...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/71030022

I'm not a GM employee, but, I think they still produce the Colorado and Canyon over there.

Two of things:

Bossier City Harley Davidson to break ground on new dealership

For Brian, I don't know if you have noticed, but that old gas station at the intersection of 157 and McKinley in Haughton has been torn down. I have been told that Citizen's Bank is building a bank with a strip mall there! I'm excited for Haughton.

Two of things:

Bossier City Harley Davidson to break ground on new dealership

For Brian, I don't know if you have noticed, but that old gas station at the intersection of 157 and McKinley in Haughton has been torn down. I have been told that Citizen's Bank is building a bank with a strip mall there! I'm excited for Haughton.

Okay, the Harley store is awesome. I was REALLY jealous a couple weeks ago when I saw the new Harley store in Texarkana. My jaws dropped... it reminded me of the stores I've been in over in the DFW area. My father-in-law was disappointed when I took him into the Shreveport store off Bert Kouns a few months ago, and he was quite surprised. He said "they're usually much larger and along interstates and major freeways." Next time he's here I'll have to take him to Bossier's newer, much more impressive store. It's about time!!

As for the gas station in Haughton, I did see that recently and wondered what was going on. I'd like to see something developed there, so I hope what you were told materializes!

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has mentioned that Dick's opened.

I went today and it was VERY nice. The staff were very friendly as well.

Other buildings in the area have started construction ( ULTA etc... ) and are coming along quickly.

Also, Buffalo Wild Wings, TGI Fridays, and Logan's Roadhouse seem to all be looking for employees and for the most part, finished being built.

My wife and I drove around the TGIFridays parking lot on Saturday. We asked one of the construction guys if he knew when they were opening.

He said this Thursday at noon.

Get in line soon!

Mudbugger

Nah I'm going to stay out of those lines for a while. The only thing that will make me eat at that restaurant, at any point in its first year of operation, is if it has call-ahead seating like Texas Roadhouse.

But anyone who is brave enough to actually wait 3-4 hours to eat there in its first few days, please fill us in. Actually I'd guess the wait will be 1-2 hours, but I'm still very impatient. I remember when Joe's Crab Shack opened here the waits were 3 hours in the beginning. Uh... no.

Nobody has mentioned that Dick's opened.

I went today and it was VERY nice. The staff were very friendly as well.

Other buildings in the area have started construction ( ULTA etc... ) and are coming along quickly.

Also, Buffalo Wild Wings, TGI Fridays, and Logan's Roadhouse seem to all be looking for employees and for the most part, finished being built.

Yeah we touched briefly on Dick's when it opened but not much. I still haven't gone in there... was going to yesterday after Kohl's but was running late. I had somewhere to be.

Anyway, that shopping center is looking pretty nice. I like the faux 2-story turret in the center, it gives the shopping center a little something different. It definitely stands out among all the plain-looking power centers along that stretch of road. It's a little more like "power center meets Shoppes at Bellemead."

Hmmm... look what I just found. A Shreveport Dave & Buster's rumor posted on the forums at shreveport.com last month:

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2488

I hate to add to the rumors... but try to follow along. One of my wife's co-workers informed her that her daughter, who is a new employee at one of the new restaurants at Regal Court, told her (the mother) that her manager has heard that Dave & Buster's is coming to Regal Court... take it for what it's worth, but that's the second time I've heard or seen that. Where there's smoke...

I hate to add to the rumors... but try to follow along. One of my wife's co-workers informed her that her daughter, who is a new employee at one of the new restaurants at Regal Court, told her (the mother) that her manager has heard that Dave & Buster's is coming to Regal Court... take it for what it's worth, but that's the second time I've heard or seen that. Where there's smoke...

Well I only hope it's true... man I'm ready for something like that. I still think it would be a good fit at the Boardwalk.

Well I only hope it's true... man I'm ready for something like that. I still think it would be a good fit at the Boardwalk.

Yeah, i always thought that would be an ideal location for it. However, with some of the original tenants falling through, D&B's is a welcomed addition at Regal Court.