Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

No doubt. Of course D&B's is welcome anywhere in Shreveport-Bossier! lol We'll definitely take it, no!? :)

that's really awesome! I miss SHREVEPORT BOSSIER! Everybody on the Birmingham forums seem like they have something stuck up their rear ends.. most unfriendly people ever!

Brian I will be back in town 15th through 19th.. we should go on a Shreveport photo tour!

that's really awesome! I miss SHREVEPORT BOSSIER! Everybody on the Birmingham forums seem like they have something stuck up their rear ends.. most unfriendly people ever!

Brian I will be back in town 15th through 19th.. we should go on a Shreveport photo tour!

15-19 of December?? Because today is already November 16... lol

Yeah man, we really should, for old times' sake!! :D I miss having someone to walk around and take pictures with... sometimes taking pictures alone is just boring.

I've been wondering (like Mudbugger) about the land facing Bert Kouns, just west of Linwood. Well, according to this ZBA agenda item, a retail strip center is planned for that spot and Thrifty Liquor is seeking approval to build a store on an outparcel.

Then I have to ask myself... how many farking Thrifty Liquor stores do we need? Bossier City has 4 within a 2-3 square mile area of one another and they're all over Shreveport as well. Don't get me wrong, when I want liquor I always go to Thrifty because it's cheap... but DAMN!

I've been wondering (like Mudbugger) about the land facing Bert Kouns, just west of Linwood. Well, according to this ZBA agenda item, a retail strip center is planned for that spot and Thrifty Liquor is seeking approval to build a store on an outparcel.

Then I have to ask myself... how many farking Thrifty Liquor stores do we need? Bossier City has 4 within a 2-3 square mile area of one another and they're all over Shreveport as well. Don't get me wrong, when I want liquor I always go to Thrifty because it's cheap... but DAMN!

oh yeah man that would be DECEMBER! haha sorry

"It bugs me to keep seeing these Macy's commercials and know we do not have one. Surely we are being probed."

Okay, I have another interesting rumor to broadcast. This one comes via a current Dillard's employee...apparently, this employee has HEARD that Dillard's is about to be bought out by Macy's... like I said before, take it with a grain of salt... but with all the Macy's commericals on television, you gotta wonder if this one has legs... :shades:

Edited by Metlife

Okay, I have another interesting rumor to broadcast. This one comes via a current Dillard's employee...apparently, this employee has HEARD that Dillard's is about to be bought out by Macy's... like I said before, take it with a grain of salt... but with all the Macy's commericals on television, you gotta wonder if this one has legs... :shades:

I wouldn't be surprised. Macy's just isn't anything special anymore. Personally I'd rather see Dillard's stay Dillard's. You can check the Arkansas and Little Rock forums here on UP to see if there are any rumors going around.

I wouldn't be surprised. Macy's just isn't anything special anymore. Personally I'd rather see Dillard's stay Dillard's. You can check the Arkansas and Little Rock forums here on UP to see if there are any rumors going around.

See, I'm the exact opposite. For me, Dillard's has become increasingly average and overrated... I used to shop, but i HATE their men's department now. I would definitely welcome a change in ownership...

Edited by Metlife

Interesting. Being located in Mansfield would let them see the stars better at night I suppose.

That's what I was thinking. When I saw "LSUS" I wondered how they would see the stars in that part of Shreveport, especially since they're only about 1 mile from the shopping district which is VERY well-lit. My wife and I just got home (it's almost midnight) after spending about $700 at the big sale going on at JC Penney until midnight. :blink: Those women love to shop...

Does Shreveport/Bossier have Cheesecake Factory?

Hey Darius. Nope, even with a metro area of around 400,000, no Cheesecake Factory. You typically won't find them in a market this size. We have Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro at the Boardwalk, though. ;)

Edited by SBCmetroguy

That's what I was thinking. When I saw "LSUS" I wondered how they would see the stars in that part of Shreveport, especially since they're only about 1 mile from the shopping district which is VERY well-lit. My wife and I just got home (it's almost midnight) after spending about $700 at the big sale going on at JC Penney until midnight. :blink: Those women love to shop...

Hey Darius. Nope, even with a metro area of around 400,000, no Cheesecake Factory. You typically won't find them in a market this size. We have Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro at the Boardwalk, though. ;)

I grew up in mansfield.. I wouldnt wanna go down there to look at any stars... yikes!

I thought they built a cheesecake factory at the boardwalk? We have just about everything imaginable over here.. you just have to find it.

Interesting. Being located in Mansfield would let them see the stars better at night I suppose.

Yeah the LSUS campus would not be a good spot, but Mansfield??? That's a long way to go for class, especially those that live in Bossier Parish. Mansfield just doesn't scream observatory to me. I'd be afraid of getting jacked! I'm sure there are other places closer to Shreveport to see the stars.

That's what I was thinking. When I saw "LSUS" I wondered how they would see the stars in that part of Shreveport, especially since they're only about 1 mile from the shopping district which is VERY well-lit. My wife and I just got home (it's almost midnight) after spending about $700 at the big sale going on at JC Penney until midnight. Those women love to shop...

Whoa. :o That's a lot of money. You should have spent that money at BestBuy! Camera equipment, right? :lol: JCPenney is a place were everything's always on sale. You never actually know the "real" price there. Tags are marked high, because of the "sales."

Edited by jcasey

Whoa. :o That's a lot of money. You should have spent that money at BestBuy! Camera equipment, right? :lol: JCPenney is a place were everything's always on sale. You never actually know the "real" price there. Tags are marked high, because of the "sales."

lol Actually I spent $1,200 on camera equipment at Adorama Camera online today. ;) I should have my 30D and battery grip on Tuesday.

lol Actually I spent $1,200 on camera equipment at Adorama Camera online today. ;) I should have my 30D and battery grip on Tuesday.

Holy cow. Well, I guess she was entitled to her $700 spree, or were you due yours? I think that's the chicken or the egg argument.

Edited by jcasey

ah im so jealous of your new camera! hopefully I'll have the Olympus E-3 really soon!

You're gonna be jealous when we go on our shoot this month and I've got 'em both slung over my shoulder. :lol: You remember when I had to go to the bathroom that time and you kept my camera for me... you liked how it felt having two cameras at once. That's what it'll be like for me as of Tuesday!!

Okay but I'm done rubbing it in because you're a good friend. Anyone else though... lol But you'll have your E-3 soon I'm sure and you'll be doing the same. But come to think of it, you have your film SLR as well, so technically you could be carrying two on you as well! :) And three once you get your E-3. Just remember to never sell off your bodies unless you have 2-3 more! You need your backups. I won't get rid of my XT even when I have a 5D and a 30D. Probably not until I have a 5D and 2 30Ds. But when I do get rid of it, I'm giving it to my wife so she can learn to use a DSLR since she's my assistant now. Speaking of which I need to get myself to Dee's this week and buy a reflector and ship my Canon 430EX off for repairs. I need to have that flash working as well, or else I will only have 1 good flash. I guess I'll do that tomorrow.

Holy cow. Well, I guess she was entitled to her $700 spree, or were you due yours? I think that's the chicken or the egg argument.

I guess she was due her little shopping spree, since I now have right around $5,000 tied up in this. Dropping $1200 on a camera and a battery grip is nothing in the world of pro and semi-pro photography. I still feel like I don't have much, since I have no L-series (professional) lenses YET. Geez, and some serious pros drop $35,000 on one camera body (Hasselblad) plus tens of thousands more on lenses. A fella can dream... :)

Back on topic....

Ate at TGIF last night with some friends. We got there right at 5:00 and had an hour wait. I was okay with it since I had eaten a very late lunch and wasn't extremely hungry, so we waited.

I got the Fridays Sampler so I could try a few different things and the ribs on that thing were dry and nasty. The sesame chicken strips and fried shrimp were great, though. My wife's steak was supposed to be medium-well and it was well-well-well-well. It was WAY overcooked and nasty. She sent it back and finally got her corrected steak long after we all had eaten. I was about to tell the manager to keep it and take it off the check, but he returned and siad he wasn't charging us for any of our meal. He didn't have to do that but it was very kind of him. Our friends still had a $50 bill to pay, though, since their food all came out the way it was supposed to.

All in all... the manager did his part to correct the problems, and while not making us pay for our meals was all fine and great, it still just didn't make up for the so-so food. Perhaps with time they'll iron out all the wrinkles, but for now we're steering clear of the place.

I guess she was due her little shopping spree, since I now have right around $5,000 tied up in this. Dropping $1200 on a camera and a battery grip is nothing in the world of pro and semi-pro photography. I still feel like I don't have much, since I have no L-series (professional) lenses YET. Geez, and some serious pros drop $35,000 on one camera body (Hasselblad) plus tens of thousands more on lenses. A fella can dream... :)

yeah that's crazy! I would never get a medium format though.. I'm lacking in lens's I think when I get the E3 I will get the 12-60mm 2.8 it is supposed to be the quickest combo in the world!

anyways sorry!