Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

Anyone seen the CMT Crossroads sign on the side of the Horseshoe Hotel? They were putting it up when I went to Shreveport, and when I came back by it was done. I looks kinda cool! Anyone know what's going on with it?

Edited by jcasey

Anyone seen the CMT Crossroads sign on the side of the Horseshoe Hotel? They were putting it up when I went to Shreveport, and when I came back by it was done. I looks kinda cool! Anyone know what's going on with it?

Yeah it's because of the CMT Crossroads Bar that they're putting in the Horseshoe. I saw them putting that huge sign up during morning rush hour... and I was totally in awe watching those guys hang that sign 20+ stories in the air. They had quite an audience of traffic on I-20, I'm surprised there wasn't a wreck... traffic is bad enough in the mornings at that point already.

Yeah it's because of the CMT Crossroads Bar that they're putting in the Horseshoe. I saw them putting that huge sign up during morning rush hour... and I was totally in awe watching those guys hang that sign 20+ stories in the air. They had quite an audience of traffic on I-20, I'm surprised there wasn't a wreck... traffic is bad enough in the mornings at that point already.

Well, I know it was for the bar! I just haven't heard anything about it recently and was suprised to see the sign going up, ON THE SIDE OF THE HOTEL! That's a pretty cool way to get some attention for something new. Someone ought to pat the Horseshoe Marketing Department on the back for that one! :thumbsup:

Well, I know it was for the bar! I just haven't heard anything about it recently and was suprised to see the sign going up, ON THE SIDE OF THE HOTEL! That's a pretty cool way to get some attention for something new. Someone ought to pat the Horseshoe Marketing Department on the back for that one! :thumbsup:

Oh okay, I thought maybe you forgot about the bar. ;)

Yeah I agree ... excellent marketing. It's 20+ stories in the air, staring every motorist in the face. A coworker who also lives in Haughton asked me this morning if I saw it today and I said "yep, I saw them putting it up yesterday morning." She was surprised because she never saw it being put up yesterday. I was kind of like "how could you miss that, even with the traffic?" I think almost everyone who drove through there was looking up. It's kewl. :) It's not finished, though ... you can tell they still have more to do. I'm betting it will be more colorful. I hope so anyway.

Oh okay, I thought maybe you forgot about the bar. ;)

Yeah I agree ... excellent marketing. It's 20+ stories in the air, staring every motorist in the face. A coworker who also lives in Haughton asked me this morning if I saw it today and I said "yep, I saw them putting it up yesterday morning." She was surprised because she never saw it being put up yesterday. I was kind of like "how could you miss that, even with the traffic?" I think almost everyone who drove through there was looking up. It's kewl. :) It's not finished, though ... you can tell they still have more to do. I'm betting it will be more colorful. I hope so anyway.

I really wish that I would have seen them hanging from the side of the building! Both times I went by, there wasn't anyone up there. I looks awesome though. When are you going to post some pictures? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

A Mesa, AZ-based company who manufactures helicopters has Shreveport Regional on its short list of possible places to relocate its corporate headquarters. Shreveport is on the list with Phoenix, Dallas, and Oklahoma City. Competition is intense, so Shreveport Regional isn't speaking much about it, but it would be great to see this company relocate its headquarters here.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...325/1064/NEWS05

A Mesa, AZ-based company who manufactures helicopters has Shreveport Regional on its short list of possible places to relocate its corporate headquarters. Shreveport is on the list with Phoenix, Dallas, and Oklahoma City. Competition is intense, so Shreveport Regional isn't speaking much about it, but it would be great to see this company relocate its headquarters here.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...325/1064/NEWS05

This sounds supa dupa! It's nice to be on a list with Phoenix, Dallas and OKC. I wonder what our chances are?

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's been awhile, but I just wanted to drop a few observations that you may or may not have known or seen: 1). The old Just for Feet store is being converted into a rug gallery. 2). There's increased activity in the Regal Court area. Looks like 2 foundations have been poured, and 2 more are being prepped. 3). I saw a bulldozer and a couple of large dumpsters at the defunct Smokey Bones place yesterday.

I know it's been awhile, but I just wanted to drop a few observations that you may or may not have known or seen: 1). The old Just for Feet store is being converted into a rug gallery. 2). There's increased activity in the Regal Court area. Looks like 2 foundations have been poured, and 2 more are being prepped. 3). I saw a bulldozer and a couple of large dumpsters at the defunct Smokey Bones place yesterday.

Oh it's being renovated into a rug store? That's amazing to think they spent THAT much money just to transfer it into a rug store. I think Just for Feet was a really cool concept with the mini-basketball court inside and the whole concept. I still think it would have been a perfect location for Sportspectrum to move to. Images of the rug stores inside Pierre Bossier Mall come to mind when I read this ... I wonder if it will be like that. It's something I suppose, but to me it's just depressing. Not to get everyone down, but I had been wishing for something cool right there.

So 2 foundations are poured and 2 more are being prepped at Regal Court. Hmmm!!! You've got my attention now with this ... the rumor mill is abuzz, of course, but all rumors aside I just want it to be something new and somewhat unique (like D&B's.)

And though I'm not a huge fan of Red Lobster (though I do like their shrimp specials they run so often) but I think that area is long-overdue for one of those. Kind of like how Bossier is long-overdue for a Cracker Barrel.

Good stuff, man, thanks for posting this. I work in southeast Shreveport, but when I go to lunch I try to avoid Youree as much as possible. I normally end up eating lunch at different places in and around Cedar Grove.

Oh it's being renovated into a rug store? That's amazing to think they spent THAT much money just to transfer it into a rug store. I think Just for Feet was a really cool concept with the mini-basketball court inside and the whole concept. I still think it would have been a perfect location for Sportspectrum to move to. Images of the rug stores inside Pierre Bossier Mall come to mind when I read this ... I wonder if it will be like that. It's something I suppose, but to me it's just depressing. Not to get everyone down, but I had been wishing for something cool right there.

So 2 foundations are poured and 2 more are being prepped at Regal Court. Hmmm!!! You've got my attention now with this ... the rumor mill is abuzz, of course, but all rumors aside I just want it to be something new and somewhat unique (like D&B's.)

And though I'm not a huge fan of Red Lobster (though I do like their shrimp specials they run so often) but I think that area is long-overdue for one of those. Kind of like how Bossier is long-overdue for a Cracker Barrel.

Good stuff, man, thanks for posting this. I work in southeast Shreveport, but when I go to lunch I try to avoid Youree as much as possible. I normally end up eating lunch at different places in and around Cedar Grove.

I'm with you. The first image that came to my mind when I read rug store was the Pierre Bossier rug store. :sick: Lately when I have been in Shreveport I have been seeing them do the dirt work on that corner. I am ecstatic to know there are now foundations being poured! As for the old Smoky Bones, I have thought that common sense says to turn it into a Red Lobster or a Longhorn Steakhouse. You own the building, use it! Or even better, it could be the Capital Grille we heard about! Anyway.

I have also often wondered why Bossier does not have a Cracker Barrel. I would love to see one over here. I really hate having to drive all the way to the other side of Shreveport to eat there. Yes, we actually do it sometimes. It's stupid considering the price of gas.

One more thing, and this just may be news to me, but I heard that a Lee Michaels is being built on the old Youree Grandy's site. Am I late on this?

I'm with you. The first image that came to my mind when I read rug store was the Pierre Bossier rug store. :sick: Lately when I have been in Shreveport I have been seeing them do the dirt work on that corner. I am ecstatic to know there are now foundations being poured! As for the old Smoky Bones, I have thought that common sense says to turn it into a Red Lobster or a Longhorn Steakhouse. You own the building, use it! Or even better, it could be the Capital Grille we heard about! Anyway.

I have also often wondered why Bossier does not have a Cracker Barrel. I would love to see one over here. I really hate having to drive all the way to the other side of Shreveport to eat there. Yes, we actually do it sometimes. It's stupid considering the price of gas.

One more thing, and this just may be news to me, but I heard that a Lee Michaels is being built on the old Youree Grandy's site. Am I late on this?

Good, I'm glad something is finally going on that old Grandy's site. I just wish Grandy's hadn't gone downhill because I always enjoyed going there. Cheap home cookin' ... can't beat it. :)

We also have driven all the way to the Shreveport Cracker Barrel, as far as it is. It's 35-45 minutes from Haughton as you know. So is Great Wall, and we've driven out there MANY a time just to eat their food. I love their food... they are the only restaurant in this area whose food compares to Lee's China and China Inn in Texarkana (not related to the China Inn in Bossier City.)

Capital Grille... I wish. They came out some time ago and said they never had any intentions of building one of those here, just a Longhorn Steakhouse. For the origins of that little rumor, thank Hightower and Liz Swaine for getting a little ahead of themselves to announce tenants.

Good, I'm glad something is finally going on that old Grandy's site. I just wish Grandy's hadn't gone downhill because I always enjoyed going there. Cheap home cookin' ... can't beat it. :)

We also have driven all the way to the Shreveport Cracker Barrel, as far as it is. It's 35-45 minutes from Haughton as you know. So is Great Wall, and we've driven out there MANY a time just to eat their food. I love their food... they are the only restaurant in this area whose food compares to Lee's China and China Inn in Texarkana (not related to the China Inn in Bossier City.)

Capital Grille... I wish. They came out some time ago and said they never had any intentions of building one of those here, just a Longhorn Steakhouse. For the origins of that little rumor, thank Hightower and Liz Swaine for getting a little ahead of themselves to announce tenants.

Yeah, Grandy's was pretty darn good. I feel the same description fits Cracker Barrel. It's good, cheap home cookin'! I love going there for breakfast. I can take my whole family and eat for less than $20! The same almost applies for dinner. Oh, how I wish there was one in Bossier. Since they seem to always be on the outskirt of a city (at least it seems that way to me) I thought that right around LA Downs would be a good place for one. Yum! Tell me about Great Wall and were it is. I'm always looking for good Chinese food.

Yeah, Grandy's was pretty darn good. I feel the same description fits Cracker Barrel. It's good, cheap home cookin'! I love going there for breakfast. I can take my whole family and eat for less than $20! The same almost applies for dinner. Oh, how I wish there was one in Bossier. Since they seem to always be on the outskirt of a city (at least it seems that way to me) I thought that right around LA Downs would be a good place for one. Yum! Tell me about Great Wall and were it is. I'm always looking for good Chinese food.

I thought everyone knew about Great Wall! I'm surprised you've never been or heard of it, but I will GLADLY tell you how to get there. Take the Pines Rd. exit off I-20, but stay south on Pines until 70th Street. Pass thru the intersection still heading south, and turn right to get into their parking lot. At the Pines/70th intersection there is a Circle K, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, and CVS. It's located in a little, old strip mall next to the Walgreen's. It's a menu-order restaurant and very good. I highly recommend their fried rice... loaded with egg and veggies, and if you get a meat fried rice it will be loaded with that meat. We normally get the combination rice, because it's hard to choose just one type of meat in it. Their egg drop soup is awesome. After your meal they bring you your check, a fortune cookie, and their own dessert treat. It's hard to explain it, but I believe they told me before that it's a fried banana peel. Doesn't sound good, I know, but it's excellent. It's extremely sweet because it's drenched in something similar to caramel and then sprinkled with sesame seeds.

Enjoy!!! :)

And I agree that the Louisiana Downs area would be perfect for a Cracker Barrel. It would also put one right at the far eastern entry point to Shreveport-Bossier proper, just like how their Shreveport location is at the far western entry point to Shreveport-Bossier proper. And some of us would be able to save on gas a little bit when we are in the mood for some good home cooking.

I thought everyone knew about Great Wall! I'm surprised you've never been or heard of it, but I will GLADLY tell you how to get there. Take the Pines Rd. exit off I-20, but stay south on Pines until 70th Street. Pass thru the intersection still heading south, and turn right to get into their parking lot. At the Pines/70th intersection there is a Circle K, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, and CVS. It's located in a little, old strip mall next to the Walgreen's. It's a menu-order restaurant and very good. I highly recommend their fried rice... loaded with egg and veggies, and if you get a meat fried rice it will be loaded with that meat. We normally get the combination rice, because it's hard to choose just one type of meat in it. Their egg drop soup is awesome. After your meal they bring you your check, a fortune cookie, and their own dessert treat. It's hard to explain it, but I believe they told me before that it's a fried banana peel. Doesn't sound good, I know, but it's excellent. It's extremely sweet because it's drenched in something similar to caramel and then sprinkled with sesame seeds.

Enjoy!!! :)

And I agree that the Louisiana Downs area would be perfect for a Cracker Barrel. It would also put one right at the far eastern entry point to Shreveport-Bossier proper, just like how their Shreveport location is at the far western entry point to Shreveport-Bossier proper. And some of us would be able to save on gas a little bit when we are in the mood for some good home cooking.

Hmmmm...that desert sounds very interesting. I do not eat egg drop soup, but my wife does. I'm sorry but it just looks like something dirty. I am anxious to go try it out. When I do get to go I will report back! Thanks for the tip on good Chinese! On the Cracker Barrel subject, if they put one over here it would save a lot on gas. Now, that trip costs like 3-4 gallons of gas or $10 - $14. That's almost as much as it costs to eat there!

Hmmmm...that desert sounds very interesting. I do not eat egg drop soup, but my wife does. I'm sorry but it just looks like something dirty. I am anxious to go try it out. When I do get to go I will report back! Thanks for the tip on good Chinese! On the Cracker Barrel subject, if they put one over here it would save a lot on gas. Now, that trip costs like 3-4 gallons of gas or $10 - $14. That's almost as much as it costs to eat there!

Let me correct myself a little bit on the dessert. It's not fried banana peels... it's 2 fried noodles with thinly-sliced banana inside, glazed in a sweet, caramel-like sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds. According to my wife banana peels aren't safe to eat. I wouldn't know... I don't eat bananas.

Anyway, we went out there tonight I got myself wanting their food so we made the drive. I'm SO glad we did!! :) Aside from making myself sick from overeating, it was awesome!

UPDATE: I drove past the old Smokey Bones place yesterday, and it looked like they're doing some remodeling work on the roof, ie, removing the logs from the roof-line. They could be replacing those logs with a more traditional roof-line...

UPDATE: I drove past the old Smokey Bones place yesterday, and it looked like they're doing some remodeling work on the roof, ie, removing the logs from the roof-line. They could be replacing those logs with a more traditional roof-line...

Cool! I was out there on Friday and I was checking out what you were posting about last week. I saw the two foundations being worked on at Regal Court and the dumpster and work being done on Smokey Bones. Could you tell if it looked more in line of becoming a Red Lobster or a Longhorn Steakhouse?

Cool! I was out there on Friday and I was checking out what you were posting about last week. I saw the two foundations being worked on at Regal Court and the dumpster and work being done on Smokey Bones. Could you tell if it looked more in line of becoming a Red Lobster or a Longhorn Steakhouse?

No, not yet. That's the rumor (Longhorn/Red Lobster)... so i'll have to keep a close eye on it. i thought someone posted earlier that Longhorn is fielding positions for Shreveport and Bossier...

No, not yet. That's the rumor (Longhorn/Red Lobster)... so i'll have to keep a close eye on it. i thought someone posted earlier that Longhorn is fielding positions for Shreveport and Bossier...

I believe that I did. If I remember correctly, I think they were hiring managers for Shreveport and Bossier. We know there is suppose to be a Longhorn going in at Stirling Bossier and I assume that the Shreveport location would be the old Smokey Bones. WEll, call it more of a guess.

A heads up on the old Smokey Bones.

My wife went by and asked the guys cleaning out Smokey Bones and they told her that it is being converted into a ...

Longhorn Steakhouse.

There you have it, let the drooling over steaks begin.

Mudbugger

So THAT is where Longhorn is going. Great news, thanks for that update, man! This means we still have no clue what is going on any of those pad sites at Regal Court... hmmm! :)

By the way, just got back today from Chicago. I dooooo love my hometown (Shreveport-Bossier) but every time I go up to Chi-Town I fall more and more in love!! :wub: :wub:

So THAT is where Longhorn is going. Great news, thanks for that update, man! This means we still have no clue what is going on any of those pad sites at Regal Court... hmmm! :)

By the way, just got back today from Chicago. I dooooo love my hometown (Shreveport-Bossier) but every time I go up to Chi-Town I fall more and more in love!! :wub: :wub:

Sweet! We knew it had to be either Red Lobster or Longhorn. Now someone needs to go ask those guys what the L they are doing over there at Regal Court!

Okay guys, since it's out there now... this is one of the developments I told you guys I was privy to but couldn't speak about publicly. Obviously nothing is a done deal, but now at least The Times has reported that it's something the city is looking into. The former Sci-Port director, Al Najar, was very interested in getting this going in Shreveport.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NEWS05/80505044

Okay guys, since it's out there now... this is one of the developments I told you guys I was privy to but couldn't speak about publicly. Obviously nothing is a done deal, but now at least The Times has reported that it's something the city is looking into. The former Sci-Port director, Al Najar, was very interested in getting this going in Shreveport.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NEWS05/80505044

Awesome! I hope it is sooner rather than later. I hate most of the posters on the Times, they are so negative. I would like to see a donor drive started for a general construction fund if Shreveport is serious about this. I would donate to an aquarium fund. Have all the casinos and big businesses in town donate, it would be in their interest to bring in more family friendly venues. I know when we are out of town and in a larger city we are looking for an aquarium to take the kids to. It would be great for kids and it would compliment SciPort. My daughter is in kindergarten and they have taken, I think, four field trips to SciPort this year. By the way, I think we had this Bryan and you said no. Sneaky, sneaky. :whistling:

I noticed alot of negative posters in The Times too. It sounds like a great idea to me eventhough I'm not from this area.. And like jcasey said; it would be a nice compliment to the Sci-Port. If I was to visit the La.Boardwalk, I would go cross river and visit the Aquarium. I hope this works out :thumbsup:

Nice to hear the new Convention Center and Robinson Film Center is doing so well too.