Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

yeah Im home! perhaps tomorrow afternoon we can go shoot a little?

I have a party I'm shooting at 2pm... will probably be there an hour or two. Give me a call around 4 if you're free. That's not a great time as far as the sun's position, but if we're out there a while the sun will get a little lower in ths sky and the harsh shadows should let up a bit. Or if you want, we can wait till 5 or 6. No biggie, just whenever! :)

Wow. I read that article early this morning when it was posted and never saw that name. Looks interesting... maybe it'll come to be. Surely they're looking to expand into Louisiana, and with Shreveport being so close to their Dallas market, this would be a prime location to begin their Louisiana push.

Wow. I read that article early this morning when it was posted and never saw that name. Looks interesting... maybe it'll come to be. Surely they're looking to expand into Louisiana, and with Shreveport being so close to their Dallas market, this would be a prime location to begin their Louisiana push.

I'm going to have to come down a weekend just to shoot photos.. it was family all day today as well.. didn't think my sister was coming up today.. one day we will shoot again!

Mudbugger, I'm dissappointed in you, dude. you let this slip past you w/o reporting on it. :shades: anyway, I was wondering what was going on down there while passing by on the inner loop. Sounds promising...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...OICES/805270371

EDIT: I'm going to check out this place for lunch. I'll give you guys a review afterwards...

Edited by Metlife

Hey everyone,

Sorry i haven't posted about this stuff lately, i have been really slammed at work.

We have picked up a few new contracts and i will be working 6 days a week for the near future.

I have noticed the new restaurant mentioned above but haven't had a chance to check it out.

When it was being renovated to it's current state it looked really cheap and tacky due to simpisitic Steak and Seafood sign on the front of the building.

I have looked at the MPC and Zoning Board sites lately and haven't seen much in the way of new development in the Southern Hills area lately.

Only thing i have seen is the 24 hour ice store next to the Circle K at Dean and Bert Kouns.

I see what appears to be a new apartment complex at the same intersection but on the southeast corner.

Can anyone verify this for me?

Mudbugger

I have noticed the new restaurant mentioned above but haven't had a chance to check it out.

When it was being renovated to it's current state it looked really cheap and tacky due to simpisitic Steak and Seafood sign on the front of the building.

I thought the same thing walking in (i really wasn't expecting very much), but like I said in my review, it was pretty nice on the inside...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else been past Villaggio lately? Looks like it's really beginning to come together. The western side of the apartments is dried in and it appears that a stucco-type texture is being applied. On the eastern side it looks like framing has stepped up a notch and is coming along much more quickly now. I also saw this morning what I assume to be the beginning of the clock tower near the entrance.

Also in this same area, construction on CIC is supposed to begin within the next month. I can't wait to see that get going, because this is going to be a majorly impressive project. If the place is actually built as it's designed, it's going to be a sight to behold. The new 'cyber' building to be constructed on BPCC's campus is being designed to blend the current look of BPCC with the look of CIC. If anyone saw the rendering they showed on the news a few weeks back, it looked awesome. It added some really sleek components of CIC without taking away from the more traditional look of the school buildings.

On a slightly different note... driving to/from Arkansas this weekend I noticed more work is being done on Louisiana's stretch of I-49. More land is being cleared, and I could see where an overpass will be constructed over Hwy 71 in northern Caddo Parish.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, been a while, eh? Well anyway there is a little blurb on The Times' website saying Bossier will hold a press conference tomorrow. For them to do that out of the blue, it must be something big. Perhaps news that some of those large defense contractors who now have a local presence will be building in the new cyber research park.

Umm, i hope this isn't what all the suspense was for...

http://www.ktbs.ciom/news/New-owner-of-The...-workers-13679/

The article starts with "Bossier City officials have scheduled a news conference this afternoon where they are expected to announce..." which tells me you are probably right.

And if this is ALL their "major economic development announcement" is about, I will probably never take them seriously again. And I absolutely mean that. All that hype to announce 100 new warehouse jobs?

The article won't come up for some reason. Oh well, with the on-going hard times all across the country with negative this and that; I guess they are searching for some positive news.

I'll still be anticipating the news on the future of the Cyber Command Center :thumbsup:

The article won't come up for some reason. Oh well, with the on-going hard times all across the country with negative this and that; I guess they are searching for some positive news.

I'll still be anticipating the news on the future of the Cyber Command Center :thumbsup:

Sorry, I should have pointed out the error in the article URL... somehow an 'i' got added into the .com. If you click his link and delete that extra 'i', the article will come up. Not that it really matters though... ;)

Yes I was expecting something BIG... something Cyber-related, something riverfront/downtown related, another new shopping/dining complex, anything. But to hear that Harrison Company will be hiring 100 more people? I'm extremely disappointed in the hype if this is the case. I suppose it's good news for those who used to work at the Skyline manufactured homes plant, but for the rest of us it is just a lot of hype for what should be nothing more than a blurb in the daily paper!

At least announce that Bossier has slapped Shreveport silly yet again and decided to build an aquarium either downtown or near CenturyTel Center.

Yes, I must also say that "announcement" was pretty stupid. Anyway.

Did anyone see the announcement of the "virtual cyber command?" It was in the Shreveport Times a few days ago. Here is the link to the Air Force's story: AFCYBER headquarters staff to operate virtually I'm pretty disappointed that we on got 36 "billets" which was 4th behind Scott AFB (69), Langley AFB (58) and Lackland AFB (43). Is this thing slipping away?

One more thing. There is major happenings at Regal Court. I was over there a couple of times this week, because we bought a car from Chevyland. There are walls going up beside Dick's and next to Youree behind TWO more pads fronting Youree! I was pretty excited. I asked our salesman what he was hearing and he said Dave and Buster's! I took a couple of pics with my cell phone. I am going to post them on the pictures forum. Check them out, I'm not sure how good they will be!?!?

Yes, I must also say that "announcement" was pretty stupid. Anyway.

Did anyone see the announcement of the "virtual cyber command?" It was in the Shreveport Times a few days ago. Here is the link to the Air Force's story: AFCYBER headquarters staff to operate virtually I'm pretty disappointed that we on got 36 "billets" which was 4th behind Scott AFB (69), Langley AFB (58) and Lackland AFB (43). Is this thing slipping away?

One more thing. There is major happenings at Regal Court. I was over there a couple of times this week, because we bought a car from Chevyland. There are walls going up beside Dick's and next to Youree behind TWO more pads fronting Youree! I was pretty excited. I asked our salesman what he was hearing and he said Dave and Buster's! I took a couple of pics with my cell phone. I am going to post them on the pictures forum. Check them out, I'm not sure how good they will be!?!?

I really didn't pay much attention to that article so I didn't see that about the billets. Wow, such a low number, but I would have to assume this is a system based on the ability of the base to support the command. If that's the case, then that isn't surpising to me. Bases like Lackland and Langley have some pretty major commands with some pretty high-ranking officials in place. All we can really do is hope that whatever percentage of this command we end up with, it's big enough to fulfill some of the promises being made. I hope that makes sense... it does to me. :P

As for Youree, yeah I meant to post yesterday about the addition to the main building next to Dick's. I noticed that Thursday and again yesterday and was surprised. I also noticed on the northern side, they have built a small retail strip building like all those other shopping centers in that area have around them. I hope for Dave & Buster's. That would be great.

I really didn't pay much attention to that article so I didn't see that about the billets. Wow, such a low number, but I would have to assume this is a system based on the ability of the base to support the command. If that's the case, then that isn't surpising to me. Bases like Lackland and Langley have some pretty major commands with some pretty high-ranking officials in place. All we can really do is hope that whatever percentage of this command we end up with, it's big enough to fulfill some of the promises being made. I hope that makes sense... it does to me. :P

As for Youree, yeah I meant to post yesterday about the addition to the main building next to Dick's. I noticed that Thursday and again yesterday and was surprised. I also noticed on the northern side, they have built a small retail strip building like all those other shopping centers in that area have around them. I hope for Dave & Buster's. That would be great.

Wow, only 36 folks for Barksdale. That's not looking too good.

I'm having doubts about the viability of the CIC

Wow, only 36 folks for Barksdale. That's not looking too good.

I'm having doubts about the viability of the CIC

I'm not. We already have many defense contractors signed on... I don't think there will be any problems. Despite the lacking delegates, or whatever they are calling them, I know too much about the behind-the-scenes goings-on with this project to believe it will be anything less than a roaring success, with or without the assisstance of the Air Force.

I'm not. We already have many defense contractors signed on... I don't think there will be any problems. Despite the lacking delegates, or whatever they are calling them, I know too much about the behind-the-scenes goings-on with this project to believe it will be anything less than a roaring success, with or without the assisstance of the Air Force.

Who's signed on? I think Northrup gave a $50k endorsement of some sort, but I'm not sure what that really means. I need more specific info

I wonder what they're going to be doing at the CIC since there's only going to be a handful of people at Barksdale actually doing "cyber" stuff. Maybe it'd make a nice business park of some sort if this cyber business doesn't take off like people are thinking

Who's signed on? I think Northrup gave a $50k endorsement of some sort, but I'm not sure what that really means. I need more specific info

I wonder what they're going to be doing at the CIC since there's only going to be a handful of people at Barksdale actually doing "cyber" stuff. Maybe it'd make a nice business park of some sort if this cyber business doesn't take off like people are thinking

There's a lot more going on behind the scenes than people know, and I absolutely can't say a word about what I know. I'm fortunate enough to have a good personal and professional relationship with many people involved in the project.