Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to post about two places that I've seen over the last couple of weeks that'll be opening soon: Texadelphia, a cheesesteak place that's native to Texas and Oklahoma, and Frank's Pizza Napoletana, an upscale pizza bistro. http://www.texadelphia.com/ http://frankspizzanapoletana.com/

I've seen Frank's, next to Sportspectrum, and I know I've seen that name, Texadelphia but I don't remember where I saw it... but looking at their website, those sandwiches made my mouth water just looking at them!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, anyone else besides me super excited that Shreveport-Bossier FINALLY got a Guitar Center store? I still haven't been in there, because on opening night I was going to go but the line stretched about 3/4 of the way down the front of the shopping center that it's in. But I will probably go in there tomorrow evening. Can't freaking wait!

I thought that might interest you...

Oh, without a doubt. I went there tonight and have officially made my first purchase at the Shreveport store. It wasn't a guitar, since my wife just lost her job, but it was a song book. However they do have the actual model of guitar that I wanted for my next purchase, so as soon as she gets a new job then I'm going to jump on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know what the plans are for the island park subdivision? As far as I can tell, they've been working on it for over 6 yrs yet there are only a handful of houses & 4 townhomes. There's the apts & I think they're building condos, though I'm not sure. Any info would be much appreciated.

Also, has anyone seen the flats for sale downtown (in the red river bank building). I've seen pics but haven't been inside. Are there plans for more apts like these for sale downtown?

Does anyone happen to know what the plans are for the island park subdivision? As far as I can tell, they've been working on it for over 6 yrs yet there are only a handful of houses & 4 townhomes. There's the apts & I think they're building condos, though I'm not sure. Any info would be much appreciated.

Also, has anyone seen the flats for sale downtown (in the red river bank building). I've seen pics but haven't been inside. Are there plans for more apts like these for sale downtown?

The company that developed Island Park, The Bryan Company of Jackson, MS, ended up filing bankruptcy during the process of building out the development. I understand that the development is currently being taken over by another company.

It's such a shame about The Bryan Company, because Island Park was a very nice concept, and the location is so close to the Youree Drive shopping/dining corridor. Although our own city council is so backward, they couldn't understand the concept of high-rise condos. If not for that, the condo development, Reflections of Island Park, which is a three-story complex, would have been a beautiful high-rise complex.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens now.

As far as the flats downtown, I wish I could say I knew more about them. I've seen photos of them, but that's about it. And yes, there are plans for more developments like this downtown. A number of buildings along Texas Avenue downtown have been purchased by out of town developers, and from what I understand they plan to have retail/dining on the first floors of the buildings, and living spaces on the upper floors.

Thanks so much for the info. I'm currently in the Villagio & have gotten very spoiled. It's nice having all the amenities within walking distance. Eventually, I'm wanting to buy, & the island park area seemed promising until I got a good look at it. It seems like a number of lots have been purchased but very little building has been completed. I plan on driving by periodically to see if any progress is being made. The flats downtown look great too & I like the idea of downtown living. Anyway, I really appreciate you getting back to me.

Thanks so much for the info. I'm currently in the Villagio & have gotten very spoiled. It's nice having all the amenities within walking distance. Eventually, I'm wanting to buy, & the island park area seemed promising until I got a good look at it. It seems like a number of lots have been purchased but very little building has been completed. I plan on driving by periodically to see if any progress is being made. The flats downtown look great too & I like the idea of downtown living. Anyway, I really appreciate you getting back to me.

I dig the Villaggio development. It's really nice that it's a walkable community. And everything is pretty close to it. You're right by a Southern Maid Donuts (yum!), a Shane's Seafood, a Counter Culture, Bossier Parish Community College, etc. It's neat to see how much that area has changed over the past 5 years or so. I grew up down the road from Villaggio in the Swan Lake neighborhood.

How tall were the original condos at Island Park supposed to be? before the idea was shot down?? Seemed like a good location for something different...the lake(s) acting as a buffer to the older residential areas....a nice vertical condo might have looked nice along the river/parkway across from the CenturyTel Center too.

How tall were the original condos at Island Park supposed to be? before the idea was shot down?? Seemed like a good location for something different...the lake(s) acting as a buffer to the older residential areas....a nice vertical condo might have looked nice along the river/parkway across from the CenturyTel Center too.

I don't remember for sure, but 10 or 12 stories I believe. It's been a few years so my memory isn't all that great.

• 2 weeks later...

The Times mentioned in an article today that UL Coleman is finally ready to move forward with its Walker Place development in south Bossier, near CenturyLink Center. This development has been years in the making, but it appears that all the legal wrangling with the city over the curb cut in the parkway has been resolved. I admit I didn't read the whole article, so I don't know how they came about a resolution.

But anyway, looks like it's going to move forward. Now, perhaps with more residents moving into that area over the next few years, there will be more development around CenturyLink Center.

• 2 months later...

I may be extremely late on this one, but has anyone heard about a proposed Great Wolf Lodge being built next to or near Margaritaville? It could be complete garbage, or something that could be in play behind the scenes...

You know, a co-worker of mine mentioned this to me months ago. As cool as that would be, I had two responses: I think in an area this size (less than half a million people) this would be big news once someone found out about it, and with us being so close to the Great Wolf in Grapevine, TX, I just couldn't see it.

But that's me! I'd love for it to be true.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chipotle = done deal...

Yeah and I think they have the location incorrect. I remember seeing that on their original proposal. It says EAST side of Youree Drive, but University Place is actually on the WEST side. On the east side of Youree in that area, there's already a Moe's, and a shopping center developer never allows competing businesses to open within the same center. They can open in another center across the street, or even next door, but not in the same center. So I know that's not really a big deal, but I'm very anal-retentive about things like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw something very interesting today. Passed by through the old Linens n Things and Circuit City. Looks like some major renovations are going on in both places, possibly. There's also an 18 wheeler trailer in the parking lot that belongs to some general contractor company. I wonder what might be going in there? Whole Foods? Hmm...

EDIT: Look what I found while doing some digging...

http://mallsdb.com/la/kings-crossing-shopping-center

Edited by Metlife

Saw something very interesting today. Passed by through the old Linens n Things and Circuit City. Looks like some major renovations are going on in both places, possibly. There's also an 18 wheeler trailer in the parking lot that belongs to some general contractor company. I wonder what might be going in there? Whole Foods? Hmm...

EDIT: Look what I found while doing some digging...

http://mallsdb.com/la/kings-crossing-shopping-center

Holy crap, Whole Foods is on that tenant list. That's really interesting; very nice find! Whole Foods supposedly recently said that they have no plans for this area at this time. That said, however, Chipotle said the same thing only a week or two before announcing that they are, in fact, building a store on Youree Drive.

I also read where Panera Bread is planning to also build a Bossier location next year.