Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Norla Preservation Project is starting to move along their fundraiser is done and in the process of creating a commercial shotgun development around the St. Paul bottoms, but this is only part one of this amazing development.

Details on the Norla Preservation Project...

http://www.norlapreservationproject.com/projects/

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/caddompc Posted renderings of the former Doctors Hospital is now to be Willis Knighton LSU Health Rehab institute

Nice. I never even knew that page existed. The most recent project announced on that page, which they call an "exciting project" isn't all that exciting to me really. It's just another Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. I saw the plans a while back for that location and that exact building footprint.

The rendering for the new Wal-Mart supercenter store under construction in north Shreveport looks nice, though. I-49 barely exists up there yet, and already they are building a Wal-Mart supercenter there. I think that's just a drop in the bucket as to the future of retail along the new I-49 North corridor in north Shreveport/Blanchard.

Very excited if that happens! The camp has closed and looks like there taking some things down, but I still don't know what's going across Ellerbe Road next to Cush's where the old photo studio was.

I wanna say that's a new Barksdale Credit Union branch going up there...

Yeah, me too. I would imagine they have to do something different from what's on Youree. I mean, you don't want an exact, carbon-copy over there. I read somewhere city leaders were pushing for some newer stores/restaurants in that development. You heard/read who's supposed to be the anchor tenant over there, right?

Edited by Metlife

I've heard lots of possibilities but I'm not to sure

Yeah, me too. I would imagine they have to do something different from what's on Youree. I mean, you don't want an exact, carbon-copy over there. I read somewhere city leaders were pushing for some newer stores/restaurants in that development. You heard/read who's supposed to be the anchor tenant over there, right?

I really am not sure I've heard it all.

Shreveport is humming along well, how much would a rail link with BR help the city?

I'd think that would be amazing but lots of money and most likely has to stop in lafayette. It would be an economic feat for louisisana if it happens correctly.