Rochester and Duluth

Jaden

This is recently completed Broadway Plaza in Rochester. The tallest in the city at 29 story's and 342 feet.

058812A.jpg

698375_w.jpg

And, Duluth is building a hotel/condo mix.

The new, 11-story building at 311 East Superior Street will house a 147-room Sheraton Hotel on its first six floors and 33 loft-style condominiums above, including five 11th floor penthouse suites featuring dramatic view of the lake. The project will also incorporate the elegant ballrooms of the venerable Greysolon Plaza, a 1925-era former grand hotel across the street from the building site, which Sherman Associates is in negotiations to acquire.

home_new_image.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rochester tower actually really isn't that bad at all and fits into the skyline really well. That's a poor angle and not a great photo. I have some photos of it while it was being built while I lived in Rochester. I'll try to find them.

The target market isn't necessarily locals, but well-heeled visitors to the Mayo Clinic, especially those from the Middle East. It was bankrolled by a Saudi concern, I believe, and with rents that were projected to start at $2,500/mo, there weren't many locals who would be looking at it...

- Garris

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived