Which city will get a new landfill next?

upstate29650

Which city will get a new landfill next?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Choose below:

• Greenville
    • Columbia
    • Charleston
    • Florence
    • Other city

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets try this again. But this time try and act like adults. This is a perfectly legitimate topic. If you have a problem with it, address it like you have some intelligence. I honestly did not expect something like that out of y'all. Grow up.

And upstate29650, you insult your own poll? That makes no sense at all.

Yours was fine moton, but that whole chain of banter was unnecessary.

Landfills are generally in the county, so asking shich city it is in isn't entirely correct. Spartanburg County is in the process of getting a new one becuase of some shady things done by Waste Management Inc. They try to present themselves as a good company on those commercials, but they really screwed Spartanburg IMO.

Are we really taking this topic seriously? It's obviously intended to be some sort of "parody" on the "First SC metro to get a major league professional sports team," according to upstate29650's post, which has since been deleted.

I'm still trying to figure out why that poll is "ridiculous." I thought that was a fair, mature question.

^I guess you do have a point. Perhaps the originator of this poll should have created one about the first city in SC to get a barbershop on its Main Street called "Freddy's" owned by a guy named Martin or something like that to get his point across. :)

With that said, I will go with Myrtle Beach (Horry County). ;)

I read an article not too long ago about nuclear waste in Barnwell County. I forgot exactly what was said, but I don't like the perception that this state is being paid to be the dumping ground for other states.

I chose "other". I would presume a landfill would be located somewhere along I-95.

Landfills, if maintained properly are not that bad enviromentally but its the fact that its a "landfill" brings an eyesoar to the immediate area. A logical solution for garbage disposal are building incinerators which not only burns the trash at about 90% but also generates electricity at 45 MW which can provide electricity for 80,000 households roughly. Since the Carolinas are seeing lots of highway construction allover the place, the 10% ash can be mixed with asphalt and/or concrete. That would be a smarter approach for making the most out of garbage for electricity, road construction materials and reducing the garbage load. Landfills are decreasing nationwide (some are shutting down) while incinerator plants are slightly on the rise.

I found it interesting in my enviromental science textbook that Great Britain incinerates 80% of their trash since they do not use landfills out of all of the wealthiest countries around the world.

I chose "other". I would presume a landfill would be located somewhere along I-95.

Landfills, if maintained properly are not that bad enviromentally but its the fact that its a "landfill" brings an eyesoar to the immediate area. A logical solution for garbage disposal are building incinerators which not only burns the trash at about 90% but also generates electricity at 45 MW which can provide electricity for 80,000 households roughly. Since the Carolinas are seeing lots of highway construction allover the place, the 10% ash can be mixed with asphalt and/or concrete. That would be a smarter approach for making the most out of garbage for electricity, road construction materials and reducing the garbage load. Landfills are decreasing nationwide (some are shutting down) while incinerator plants are slightly on the rise.

I found it interesting in my enviromental science textbook that Great Britain incinerates 80% of their trash since they do not use landfills out of all of the wealthiest countries around the world.

That is actually pretty interesting.

BMW uses methane gas from one of the landfills to run something at the plant as well, the furnaces maybe.

Archived