CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Greenville Hospital System - Patewood Campus

gs3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Thats going to be a short stay hospital in the picture. Then across the street where they are building those two identical looking buildings, thats going to be offices and a surgical center and supposedly their going to build a life center where that last big parcel of land is left across the street from the short stay hospital.

^^Thats going to be a short stay hospital in the picture. Then across the street where they are building those two identical looking buildings, thats going to be offices and a surgical center and supposedly their going to build a life center where that last big parcel of land is left across the street from the short stay hospital.

Whats the "life center" g-man? Is it going on the piece of land by Regions Bank?

The life center is a huge health and fitness center, probably the largest in Greenville County. They have one right across the street from the main hospital and yes it is supposedly going on the land by Regions Bank from what my mom said seeing how she goes to the life center and works at GHS.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed the added height to the towers? I wonder if there will be some kind of awesome lighting scheme to make them stand out and accent the building? If someone could get a shot from near the Pelham Road-Patewood Road intersection that would be excellent! You could even include the other buildings across Patewood Road. Another nice angle is from the Roper Mountain Road Extension side. I will try and take more photos soon, but it isn't always convenient. That whole area is dramatically changing into an urban center outside of downtown! :D

It also makes great impact from 385. When you're headed into town and cross under the Patewood bridge, with this on the right, and the Hilton and other hotels rising up from the hillside ahead. Lots of lights and development. Great view! Looks a little "mid-townish"! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006:

Some photos from this afternoon...

Work is almost finished on Saint Francis Women's & Family Hospital on Patewood Road (sorry for posting this here, but there doesn't seem to be a separate thread and I also believe GHS has agreed to purchase this property from Saint Francis anyway:

93894798_fa4d0a9b82.jpg

Construction is wrapping up on the East Side of Patewood of the GHS Patewood Medical Campus:

93894800_b379427819.jpg

93894802_665eff7fe0.jpg

93894803_23cf89d234.jpg

I didn't get any shots of the construction on the West Side of Patewood, but it's coming right along!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are any plans to upgrade the Patewood Drive/Enterprise Boulevard/Frontage Road intersection? It is bad having no turn signals to make left turns onto Patewood or into the medical complexes. Frontage Road lacks a left turn lane to turn onto Patewood towards East Orchard Park and Pelham.

Is anyone noticing the 880-foot underground tunnel they are building under Patewood Drive? It is suppose to connect the medical offices with the acute care hospital. I think they will be closing the road for awhile to connect both sides. Traffic will be detoured through the campus I heard.

I remember when they first started building this, you could tell the foundation was dug very deep, two to three levels underground. Maybe the tunnel will have a people mover! Just dreaming, but could be cool! :D

Archived